(Note: Currently incomplete! Check back later for updates!)
Xavis Pyrovolt (eck-zay-vis) is a 17 year old male hedgehog and the "Ultimate Weapon" created by Dr. Eggman. He's an extremely powerful Chaos User and Pyrochaotic who will never back down from any challenge.
Xavis is a brown mobian hedgehog, roughly 4' 2" in height, with average-sized ears and six large spines protruding from the back of his head in the exact style as Sonic's—though slightly shorter. He has a peach colored muzzle with short fur on either side; a black, upwards bent, cone-shaped nose; and two small fangs in place of his top molars. He has large, conjoined eyes with pointed edges and white sclera. His irises are orange with slit pupils, and are segmented into three parts by thin lines. He has a very noticeable ridge around his eyes with strands of fur sticking off around the edges. His ears have strands of fur sticking off from the outsides, as well as some orange fur inside them.
Xavis' body is mostly covered in orange-brown fur, with exception in his hands and feet. There are orange, fire-shaped streaks running from his wrists and ankles to his elbows and knees respectively; as well as a medium amount of orange chest-fur on his somewhat triangular torso. He also has two small spines coming off of his shoulder blades and a medium-length tail.
It should be noted that his eyes, ear-fur, chest-fur, and streaks are luminescent and can change color depending on his mood.
Xavis almost always wears a black hoodie with dark-gray accents, blue jeans with black accents, white gloves, and red shoes with black spike-shaped decals and metal soles. When he was younger, he had an orange scarf with tattered ends, but at one point lost it. He also has a black sheath with a brown strap for his katana, Destiny, and golden Inhibitor Rings around his wrists and ankles.
To put it simply, Xavis is a stubborn, overconfident hothead with a big heart and an unbreakable will. His stubbornness stems from Eggman and his training, with him having a very determined, never-give-up attitude and a preference to handle a situation himself, often unwilling to ask for help even if needed. His severe ego and overconfidence can also be traced to Eggman, but also to Sonic, as Xavis believes himself to be unstoppable due to his power and accomplishments, often overestimating his own capabilities and diving headfirst into action with little thought. His short fuse and fiery temper can best be attributed to his near-abusive treatment in his youth, with him being very easily set off by minor attacks and even vague, perceived threats to those he cares about. Though he usually calms down quickly.
Despite all this, Xavis is kindhearted, compassionate, and some may even say noble. He holds a very deep care and respect for his friends and allies, and will do whatever he can for them, including risking his own life. He has made it his mission to protect the world and has sworn that he would never kill.
Beneath the surface, however, Xavis hides his vulnerabilities. His weaknesses obviously induce cryophobia, or a fear of the cold, and he also inexplicably suffers from pediophobia, or a fear of dolls. But above all is an overwhelming fear of losing those he's close to, as to him, they are the only things that give his life purpose.
Xavis was created by Dr. Eggman in the late '90s as the 37th prototype for "Project X": an initiative to engineer a living superweapon based on the doctor's own and Sonic's DNA- as well as that of a Pyroden; and the Red Chaos Emerald being used as the power source for his Genetic Reconstruction Machine (or GRM), which spliced and recombined the individual DNA into a new organism. After 36 failed attempts at success the machine begun leaking Chaos Energy into the chamber that created the organism, leading to it exploding on its next use. However- in the midst of the explosion- everything went right, creating Project X's first successful prototype.
For the first ten years of his life, Xavis- for a time known as "37"- was subject to constant, rigorous training to prove he was the ultimate weapon he was built to be. And while Eggman did create Xavis, he was nowhere near a father-figure, instead treating the young hedgehog as if he was just another worthless minion, and he greatly resented the doctor for this. Though, in his training he mastered various forms of combat, including hand-to-hand and swordfighting, as well as using his natural Chaos abilities and Chaos-fueled pyrokinesis- which he dubbed "Pyrochaosis".
This training continued until Xavis learned of it's purpose. Over the past decade, Eggman, by pushing Xavis to his limits had been collecting valuable data that would later be used to create the project's finished model, and the doctor had been planning on killing the prototype he had been training before doing so. However, Xavis accidentally learned of this plan early and promptly ran away. During his escape, he made sure to destroy the GRM, it's blueprints, and the algorithm used to create him, as well as stealing the Chaos Emerald and Destiny- the blade he had been training with most of his life. Shortly after escaping, a lost Xavis crossed paths with Sonic and- following a brief chat- convinced the blue hedgehog to take him under his wing; and within the following weeks he would become acquainted with the majority of Sonic's friends.
((Section to be revamped))
Relationships Xavis has with other characters.
- War Machines
- Chronological Chaos
- The Bloodied Hands Arena (Battle against Kennedy McLeod)
- Xavis vs. Danni; A fight of two generations!
- Skyview Resort
- Christmas Party 2017
- Chaos Generation- During the process of his creation, Xavis had been exposed to such high levels of Chaos Energy that it became infused into his genetic makeup. This enabled his body to produce its own limitless supply of Chaos at a very high rate, effectively making the Emeralds unnecessary. However, there is an excessive amount of energy produced that must be stored somewhere, and having it build up within his body will lead to a fatal overload.
- To supplement this, he has the Inhibitor Rings around his wrists and ankles. The rings absorb the excess Chaos produced and can store some of it, but primarily release it as radiation.
- Chaos Manipulation-
- Chaos Shield-
- Pyrochaosis- By combining the powers of his Chaos generation, manipulation, and pyrokinesis, Xavis is able to create and control a special type of fire that uses the Chaos he produces as a fuel source, which grants him an exceptional level control over it. The temperature of this fire can be controlled and generally ranges from 400 to 3,000°C (750 to 5,430°F), but can be pushed to 5,000°C (9,030°F) under the right conditions, and has a maximum feasible temperature estimated around 10,000°C (18,030°F) -- around twice the surface temperature of the sun. Xavis generally idles around 1,500°C (2,730°F).
- Chaos Overdrive-
- Supernova Blast- Xavis' potentially most powerful attack. This devastating explosion would have the capacity to incinerate absolutely anything caught within its radius, likely including Xavis himself. However, this technique is entirely theoretical; the amount of energy required to charge it alone far exceeds what he can handle, let alone releasing it all at once. Though, if possible, it would be used exclusively as a final option, and if absolutely no other alternatives were available.
- Pyrokinesis- Xavis can manipulate normal fire as well as Chaos Fire, but lacks the same level of sheer control compared to the latter.
- Geo-Thermokinesis- Xavis also has very limited Geo-Thermokinesis, or the power to control magma or lava. However, he's very inexperienced with this power and often has a hard time getting it to work correctly, or at all, making it either unreliable or dangerous in most situations.
- Flight- By igniting his feet, Xavis is able to create a thrust strong enough propel himself through the air up to a maximum known speed of around 36,000 mph.
- Artificial Skeleton- Xavis' skeleton is composed of a dense, near indestructible combination of metals and natural bone, which can support up to 100 tons of pressure before the joints break. The bones themselves have no recorded breaking point, however, though a rough estimate would be at around 1000 tons.
- Cybernetic Nervous System- Xavis' entire nervous system is a computer, including his brain and spinal cord. This gives him considerably high calculatory power, an impressive reaction time, and the ability to access other machines via an access port on the back of his neck.
- Enhanced Muscular System- His muscles are lined with dense carbon fiber tubes, which, in conjunction with his skeleton, grant him an impressive lift force of about 50 tons, or around 100,000 pounds.
- Toxic Blood- His blood naturally contains high amounts of resiniferatoxin, which is a highly lethal chemical compound that is not only toxic when ingested, but also able to inflict a severe burning sensation on any organic matter it touches, making cutting him extremely dangerous.
- Combat- Xavis is highly skilled in several forms of combat due to nearly half his life being spent in training. He is most experienced with hand-to-hand and sword-based combat, however, he was also trained with a large variety of firearms, and had some very basic knowledge of Kung-Fu and Ninjutsu.
- Due to his Pyroden DNA, Xavis is extremely sensitive and vulnerable to low temperatures.
- Electricity can be very harmful towards his nervous system, and can cause him to shut down- or worse.
- His overconfidence can lead to him underestimating his opponents.
- He has no immunity against certain types of radiation, and can die of radiation poisoning.
- However, it would take an extraordinarily long time to actually kill him.
- He has a somewhat more human skeleton, making actions such as curling into a ball uncomfortable and difficult.
((Lists incomplete. Details to be provided.))
- Xavis is XophPsycho's first Sonic fan character.
- As such, he's heavily based off of his creator.
- He's cross-dominant, his left hand being used for writing, while his right is utility.
- Destiny, Xavis' sword, was originally planned to be sentient, and have the ability to float around via gravitational manipulation.
- However, after failing to incorporate this into a certain roleplay, these traits were dropped.
- Xavis' themes are remixes of of Crisis City.
- The normal theme is currently a pre-existing midi that was modified in FL Studio.
- Originally the lines in Xavis' eyes were going to rotate around his irises when he thought, but this was later dropped and the lines became stationary.
- The loose strands of fur on Xavis' ears and eye-ridges are cross-symmetrical.