This page is still unfinished
CrimsonFlame2K, the author of Whirlwind Reyes/Tropes, considers this page to be unfinished. As such, some sections may change.
- Badass: He's one of the major characters of the series, of course, Whirlwind fits this trope.
- Berserk Button: Whirlwind has quite a few of them despite his generally casual and admittedly goofy demeanor. Our prime example - mention [redacted for spoilers] at your own peril.
- Big Eater: Implied. If confirmed to be true, it would be justified as Whirlwind does train and do other physical activities rather often in his free time. Whether or not he uses the same speed-eating technique is up for debate, however.
- Sweet Tooth: If his list of "likes" in his infobox is any indication, Whirlwind really likes sweets in particular.
- Big Good: Alongside Sonic and Shadow, Whirlwind occasionally serves as this to some of the other heroes in the Clash of Mythics series.
- Cute Little Fangs: Whirlwind has a pair of these, though they decidedly become less cute whenever he finds himself pissed off.
- Determinator: While he's smart enough to recognize when a retreat would be their best course of action, when shit really hits the fan, Whirlwind would rather fight his hardest to the bitter end than run away, especially if running means leaving others behind.
- Good Is Not Soft: Don't ever let this guy's friendly demeanor fool you. Whirlwind definitely isn't afraid of letting blood be spilled and getting his hands dirty if the going gets rough.
- Beware the Nice Ones: This also counts.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold : Whirlwind was definitely this during his younger years, being incredibly abrasive and prone to cursing around almost everyone except for Tails for the first half of Rage Against the Empire.
- No One Gets Left Behind: In the event that he retreats, he'll do his damndest to make sure no one else gets left behind on his account.
- Papa Wolf: Trust me when I say that you do not want him catching you hurting any of his friends and/or GUN subordinates. Taken Up to Eleven if the party on the receiving end is Lyn or, in more recent years, Liam.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Can potentially become this if he decides to quit holding back - which you definitely don't want to do.
- Pretty Boy: Despite nearing his thirties, Whirlwind is consider as such by some of his subordinates, in spite of the scars left on his body from past experiences. If his apparent hobby of cross-dressing is any indication, the man himself seems to be aware of this.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As a GUN official, he always tries to do his best at being a reasonable guy. That's not to say that there haven't been situations where this proved to be difficult.
- Red Baron/Names To Run Away From Really Fast: His moniker of The White Hurricane can be very fear-inducing to his foes.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot : Whirlwind has dropped quite a number of F-Bombs - not necessarily in the same sentence - during his first major chapter in Rage Against the Empire alone. Expect a lot more in later chapters. He has dialed back his swearing a little as an adult, however.
- Team Dad: In more serious situations, and in some that are less so, Whirlwind sometimes shows shades of this.
- Tranquil Fury: When you see him put this trope into play, that's a clear sign that he's been genuinely pissed off and is likely willing to kill - something he actively makes a point to avoid commiting in other situations - at that point.
- Unstoppable Rage: Meanwhile, he - being a lot younger and less experienced then - opted for this approach more often in Rage Against the Empire.
Power, Skill, and Equipment Tropes
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Given his unarmed melee-oriented skillset, Whirlwind is essentially this.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: Meanwhile, Whirlwind is able to attune himself to the physical latent energy flowing in him to an incredible extent to further enhance his strikes.
- Confusion Fu: Whirlwind can put a bit of this into play with his Split Second maneuver.
- Hurricane Kick: His Flying Cyclone technique serves as his take on this.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Whirlwind performs one of these as the finishing blow of his Galeforce Onslaught.
- Ki Manipulation: The source of pretty much all of Whirlwind's abilities and techniques.
- Blow You Away: While his power isn't exactly aerokinesis, the nature of Whirlwind's ki when exerted does manifest itself as wind, so this trope sort of counts.
- Le Parkour: His overall atheliticism allows him to run around with style whenever he damn well pleases.
- Megaton Punch : His Storm Rocket technique has him unleash a punch that deals massive damage and knock foes back by a fair distance. Taken Up to Eleven with the Typhoon Crush and especially the Galeforce Blast, the latter of which he almost never uses.
- Power Fist: Downplayed. The tactical gloves Whirlwind wears don't actively enhance his punches. That said, they were designed with Whirlwind's preference for hand-to-hand combat in mind.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: His signature Whirlwind Rush technique is a good example of this trope.
- Razor Wind: His Zephyr Blade serves as one, being a crescent-shaped ki projectile launched by quickly swinging his arm inward.
- Shoryuken: His Rising Hurricane technique is obviously this.
- Executive Meddling/Dummied Out: On the rare positive side of the spectrum of this trope, when he was first created, he initially had access to usage of Chaos Energy along with his aerokinesis, but after some heavy revisions, it was decided that the former be scrapped in favor of purely being an aerokinetic (which then got altered to being energy manifesting as wind), which turned out to be a good decision in the long run.
- On the more negative aspect, as Whirlwind was formerly part of the Darkness Trigger roster, his creator had no choice but to implement some major changes on Whirlwind, since said creator is no longer invovled with the series in question due to a disagreement.
- Write Who You Know: Some of Whirlwind's traits are based on his own creator, such as his love for sweets.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Whirlwind shares his surname with the resident edgelord of Overwatch, Gabriel Reyes (AKA Reaper).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.