Water is one of the many elements used in the Sonic Fanon universe, amongst others. It is one of the ten main Elements; the others include;
Its opposite is Electricity.
The ability to move liquids and spread them over a large area using any form of power is often branched under the broad heading of Water-type moves. The moves typically involve long, flowing movements mixed with sudden movements for violent effect, with a number of abilities associated with Water having to do with healing (it shares this quirk with the Nature-Element, which also has a number of healing-based techniques). A lot of users who use Water-based techniques tend to use Ice-based abilities as well (excluding members of the Water Clan of Neso, who are strictly Water-users), and vice-versa.
Notable Interactions with Other Elements
Green = typically strong match-up
Yellow = typically even match-up
Red = typically poor match-up
All scenarios assume that the involved combatants are 'normal' (I.E not deities or unusual cases in general)
- Fire - While a master-level Fire wielder could overpower a novice Water wielder, Water techniques are more than capable of dousing the flames wielded by a Fire wielder; between two combatants of equal level, the Water wielder typically has the upper hand. However, the Fire wielder can gain an edge if the weather is in their favor, as Water is one of the four Elements whose effectiveness is dictated by the surrounding weather; conversely, even an experienced Fire wielder stands no chance against all but the weakest Water wielders in wet, rainy conditions.
- Earth - Earth wielders tend to perform poorly against Water wielders due to water's erosive nature, and with Earth techniques often being slow to perform compared to the much more quick and fluid combat of Water wielders, the Earth wielder is often outpaced by their opponent.
- Napalm - Water can easily dilute the flammable liquid that comprises the Napalm element, rendering it ineffective.
- Electricity -
- Water - While the stronger and more experienced Water wielder typically has the upper hand, battles between two Water wielders are likely to end up in stalemates.
- Ice - With Ice's nature of freezing things, coupled with the fact that it has higher raw power overall, this often leads to a one-sided fight in favor of the Ice wielder, as often the Water wielder will simply find their 'ammunition' frozen solid and possibly even used against them.
- Nature -
The living embodiment of the Water element. The Water Clan is centered around this deity.
Labeled as a deity of the Northern Great Sea, she is capable of using the Advanced element of Nitrogen.
Labeled as a deity of the Southern Great Sea, he is capable of using the Advanced element of Steam.
He is capable of using the Advanced element of Acid.
She is capable of using the Advanced element of Algae.
The blue Uber-Seedrians have immense mastery of both water and ice.
The God of Destruction from Sonic Adventure. Chaos is known for being an immensely powerful hydrokinetic.
Regarded as the "God of the Depths" or the "Ocean Sorcerer", Arkaine is the main deities worshiped in The Depths, a community found deep underwater. Due to myths of Arkaine being exiled to the deepest parts of the ocean by Neso; Arkaine's worshippers often view followers of the embodiment of Water with scorn and distaste, occasionally crossing over into attacks.
Particularly powerful or well-known/legendary artifacts that are tied to the Element of Water.
One of the ten Elemental Orbs that are tied to The Elemental Gods. It resembles a sphere of pure, compressed water, yet is solid enough to easily be held. It leaves ones hands damp when touched.
Any species or race tied to the Element of Water.
- Hydridna - A subspecies of echidna. Portmanteau of "hydro" and "echidna".
- Sea Fox - A subspecies of fox. Portmanteau of "sea" and "fox".
- Hydrohog - A subspecies of hedgehog. Portmanteau of "hydro" and "hedgehog".
- Tidalion - A subspecies of lion. Portmanteau of "tidal" and "lion".
- Sea Lynx - A subspecies of lynx. Portmanteau of "sea" and "lynx".
- Searat - A subspecies of rat. Portmanteau of "sea" and "rat".
- Brinetiger - A subspecies of tiger. Portmanteau of "brine" and "tiger".
- Rainvole - A subspecies of vole. Portmanteau of "rain" and "vole".
- Tidewolf - A subspecies of wolf. Portmanteau of "tide" and "wolf".
Help me out by adding Water-based attacks into this list, it doesn't matter if it was deleted in the purge, I'll move it to my article storage wiki!
- Water Distortion
- Aqua Burst
- Water Dash
- Aqua Jet
- Spring Dragon Attack
- Aqua Ring
- Monsoon Spear
- Aqua Tail
- Hydro Cannon
- Aqua Slash
- Hydro Pump
- Aqua Combat
- Aqua Burst
- Depth Burst
- Flood of Tears
- Water Whip
- Water-Ringed Spindash
- Bubble Blade
- Water Armor
- River Blast
- Aqua Dart
- Aqua Purge
- Water Jet Rush
- Aquatic Shrapnel
- Water Jet Cannon
- Bubble Shield
- Double Bubble
- Healing Rain
- Rain Dance
- Tsunami - Advanced Water.
- Bubble - Advanced Water
- Flood - Advanced Water
- Torrent - Advanced Water
- Steam - A Water/Fire combination wielded by Vapormancers and Vaporkinetics
- Nitrogen - A Water/Ice combination wielded by Azotomancers and Azotokinetics
- Storm - A Water/Electricity combination wielded by Procellamancers and Procellakinetics
- Cloud - A Water/Wind combination wielded by Nubemancers and Nubekinetics
- Mud - A Water/Earth combination wielded by Lutomancers and Lutokinetics
- Reflection - A Water/Light combination
- Blackwave - A Water/Darkness combination
- Algae - A Water/Nature combination wielded by Algaemancers and Algaekinetics
- Acid - A Water/Poison combination wielded by Acidimancers and Acidikinetics
- Steam: A combination of Fire, Wind and Water
- Weather: A combination of Water, Ice, Wind and Electricity
- Cryoshock: A combination of Water, Ice and Electricity
Legendary Beast Styles
- Liquid Chaos - the Water/Chaos mix.
Add Elemental combination techniques here!
- Liquid Chaos Blast - A Chaos Blast forcing out a shock-wave of water or liquid instead of Chaos Energy.
- Liquid Chaos Control - A teleportational burst that leaves a massive amount of water or chosen liquid behind.
- Chaos Splash - A standard Chaos Spear that breaks apart quicker leaving behind a liquid spray.
- Typhoon Smash - Similar to Aerial Ace, but either underwater or using some kind of liquid coating.
- Perduco and Vol Perduco - Water/Electric Glyph.
- Lightning Torrent - A mixture of Thunderbolt and Water Whip.
Water, like most of the elements, has numerous forms achievable through different methods.