Veil is a creature of an unknown species. She doesn't know who her family is or what happened to them (if she had one). She considers Erica her closest friend and hypothetical sister.
It is unknown who or what Veil is, nor where she came from. She seems to be depressed most of the time, but is actually quite upbeat underneath her dark exterior.
Despite not knowing where she was born, the members of Team Sweet do know that she was homeless since birth. When she was 4, she came across an empty house with an abandoned Pokemon collection, where she lived for a few weeks. The house was eventually sold, and the collection was sold off to a pawn shop. She couldn't find a better home until she met Team Sweet.
Veil is voiced by Candi Milo in English and Rica Matsumoto in Japanese. These are some things she would say:
"Oh, hello. Am I interrupting something?"
"I sometimes wonder what happened to my parents...if I even had parents in the first place..."
"I wonder what would happen if I were in Smash Bros."
"Erica, you are one of the nicest people I've ever met."
"You know, I know quite a bit about viruses. The most important fact to know about viruses is that most of them disguise themselves as more common beings like humans or Pokemon. A virus in its purest form has never been seen by public eyes, but I have my theories on what it looks like. Heck, a virus could be standing in front of you and you're not even aware of it..."
- Veil's body shape is based on Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
- The design of her gloves are based on Meta Knight from the Kirby series.
- The fact that she doesn't have arms is based off of Rayman.
- Veil was originally going to be the member of a species of monster in a fan-made franchise called Heroes Among Monsters, but the game was scrapped. However, not wanting to let the idea of the character go, YoungOtakuNerd decide to keep the character (but with a different concept).
- Veil's voice sounds very similar to Astro from Astro Boy in English, due to being voiced by Candi Milo.
- In Japanese, Veil sounds almost identical to Ryou Bakura of Yu-Gi-Oh!, due to being voiced by Rica Matsumoto.
- It is somewhat implied that Veil is a virus, most likely in its purest form: one of her highlight quotes is where she mentions the physical appearances of viruses; most viruses will present themselves as a common being (Mobian, animal, human, etc.), but a virus in its purest had never been seen by the public. She also mentions to the other members of Team Sweet that a virus could be standing in front of them without them knowing it, which may or may not imply that she knows that she's a virus (if she is one).
- It is also implied that Veil could be a species of her own, as no other being in Game World looks exactly like her. This theory also contradicts the theory that Veil is a virus, as it could be a statement saying that a virus in its purest form would not resemble Veil.
- It is also implied that Veil could be a mutated Seedrian, as her head shape is much like a Seedrian's and she has a favorite flower (black/blue roses).