Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is a 2014 remastered version of the original Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles for the Sega Mega Drive. It was developed by Christian Whitehead and Simon Thornley for the iOS and Android.
Differences from the original
- Level from Sonic 3 Complete "Mushroom Valley" is optionally added.
- Despite it's name, it is an remastered version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
- When falling as Sonic, it uses the I'm Outta Here! jumping sprite from Sonic CD, and mainly acts as an spin attack.
- Knuckles uses an custom sprite, but is still the same.
- Tails doesn't use this sprite.
- Tails can now transform into Hyper Tails, and the Flickies are replaced with Cluckies.
- Red Eye now uses the unused sound $C5 in Sonic 3 & Knuckles after the first used sound before it plays when Red Eye gets angry.
- As an tribute to the 1993 series Sonic the Hedgehog, Dulcy can be placed in Debug Mode, which the player can ride on.
- In Competition, the screens are slightly bigger.
- Super Sonic uses the smoother beta animations.
- Super Sonic now has normal eyes.
- Different music is used for Sonic 3's final boss, an remix of the boss theme.
- At the end, Robotnik makes an fit at an 16-bit version of Splash Hill.
- An new title screen by default based on Sonic 2 with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, however this can be changed to the normal in Options.
- Gameplay is smoother.
- Some glitches are fixed.
- Level select - with an Tails (not Sonic and Tails) save or No save, press the SEGA logo in this order; SAGE. Now, hold 3 fingers and the sound test option will appear. Now, listen to full songs in order: 02, 02, 01, 09, 09, 04. The title screen will reappear. Hold 3 fingers and press the sound test option again.
- Debug mode - In level select, listen to songs in order: 02, 02, 01, 09, 09, 04. Die 3 times in Death Egg Zone. An Sonic 1/2-esque Game Over saying "TEST" will pop up. It will go back to the level select with 99 lives. Press the words replacing the Miles text with "DEBUG MODE".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.