FANDOM


  • In light of the recent abolishment of pairing couples, as well as the contradictory roleplays category on the front page, I think it's high time we re-adjusted our little category section there.

    SFW Heroes Icon SFW Antiheroes Icon SFW Villains Icon SFW Neutral Icon SFW Pairings Icon
    Heroes Anti-Heroes Villains Neutral Pairings
    SFW Location Icon SFW Item Icon SFW Fanfic Icon SFW Roleplay Icon SFW Tutorials Icon
    Locations Items Fanfiction Roleplays Fan Games

    Don't forget to take a look at our awesome tutorials!




    This is what we're working with right now. Now, the plan is to replace Roleplays and Pairings with Anti-Villains and Teams. (Though other suggestions are welcome, these are the most likely candidates!) As usual, we need to find fitting pictures for these different categories. At the same time, I had brought up some time ago that some of our existing category images could use a replacement.

    Smash The Echidna wrote:

    i kinda wanna get a new icon for fanfiction and fan games and maybe items that crusty old book kinda clashes and Tails tinkering on something would actually be better fit for items than fan games.


    I would prefer fanart over official art for these images!

      Loading editor
    • Still standing by Zahra being the category image for Anti-Villains.

      ...yeah, that's all I got. Hm. Sorry.

        Loading editor
    • Based on user suggestions and personal opinions, here are some potential candidates for each category image!

        Loading editor
    • Will the other categories stay as they are?

        Loading editor
    • As far as category listing, yes. Category icons however, is up for debate.

        Loading editor
    • Gotcha

        Loading editor
    • As far as anti-villains are concerned, Dusk-kalos has my vote.

        Loading editor
    • Remove Pairings, we don't have this anymore in our wiki. I suggest we replace them with Featured Articles.

        Loading editor
    • We're already replacing Pairings with Anti-Villains, to my knowledge.

        Loading editor
    • “Now, the plan is to replace Roleplays and Pairings with Anti-Villains and Teams.“

      Are there really more Teams than Roleplays on this Wiki?

      Ignorinf That, I’d vote for Zahra for the anti-villains icon. I’d also suggest the Phantom Ruby for the items icon. I think we should replace the Locations icon, too, seeing I don’t have a damn clue what that is.

        Loading editor
    • We certainly have more Groups, which Teams is a sub-category of.

        Loading editor
    • Skyblade743 wrote:

      Are there really more Teams than Roleplays on this Wiki?

      Perhaps I should have included my reasoning behind removing Roleplays.

      Smash The Echidna wrote:

      see, since it's a category it'll just show any and every type of roleplay no matter how old it is so when new users come on the wiki and go looking for roleplays, the first thing they're gonna click on is the roleplay category and this leads to people digging up god old roleplays from the graves It's completely counter-productive and counter-intuitive towards the Recent Roleplays list directly under the category list.


      Juely wrote: Remove Pairings, we don't have this anymore in our wiki. I suggest we replace them with Featured Articles.

      This poses a similar situation which isn't necessarily an issue but is still rather silly. At any rate, I've already stated that Pairings will be replaced with Anti-Villains.

      Skyblade743 wrote:

      I’d also suggest the Phantom Ruby for the items icon. I think we should replace the Locations icon, too, seeing I don’t have a damn clue what that is.

      Phantom Ruby is also a good candidate. And yes I agree that locations could use a better picture. A map is good but only if you can make it out.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, that makes sense. Now we just have to actually use the recent roleplays list.

        Loading editor
    • This will certainly help with that

        Loading editor
    • A picture of Angel Island could fit as the locations picture. I also feel like the fanfiction category should still have a book on it; are there any pictures from the comics of Sonic reading a book?

        Loading editor
    • https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsjTomJW0AA8ss_.jpg

      Although this one looks too memetic. Also, agree on Angel Island.

        Loading editor
    • you have the right idea methinks. Also Angel Island for locations is probably the best suggestion in this thread so far.

        Loading editor
    • With permission we could use this one for fanfiction.

      Here are a couple shots of Angel Island we could go for. 1 2. Alternatively we could crop the title card for Station Square.
      StationSquare



      I'm almost ready to start some actual polls for these.

        Loading editor
    • I'm of the opinion that we should also mix up the images of the categories for Heroes, Villains, Anti-Heroes, and Neutral since it's been many years since their last update. My characters, for example, got many nice pictures that could serve as options for future category images.

      I'm also of the opinion that adding a Featured Articles/SFW Award Winners category would be good so newcomers may more readily have access to some of our best works.

      I'm not very keen on the inclusion of Anti-Villains since we have too little of them and it could be replaced with another category altogether. It could be replaced by the aforementioned Featured Articles/SFW Award Winners proposal, for instance.

      I'm pitching this image of Team Prinus (Dimitri, Ramonna, and Maxwell) for Teams, if we're also going with that category.

        Loading editor
    • I've got some Teams, Items and Anti-Villains pics.

      GroupMask

      Lee'sChibiMask

      XoPs Team Saturn

      XoPs Team Watts

      Sunny'sMac

      Aether'sAngelColored

        Loading editor
    • Chamesthehero wrote:
      I'm of the opinion that we should also mix up the images of the categories for Heroes, Villains, Anti-Heroes, and Neutral since it's been many years since their last update. My characters, for example, got many nice pictures that could serve as options for future category images.

      That is an idea that came to mind but I initially ignored, but you mentioning it now gives me the idea that perhaps this is a way we can bring back the SFW awards? Just for these few categories we could have a contest to have their picture featured.

      I'm also of the opinion that adding a Featured Articles/SFW Award Winners category would be good so newcomers may more readily have access to some of our best works.

      Alternatively, we could have the featured article box at the top of the page next to the categories instead of all the way at the bottom? I am of the mind that something that's actively updated should be where someone can see it. The announcements box hasn't been updated in well over 3 years, and the help box could be a bit lower. I'm not shooting down the idea of having the featured article category included with the other 7, but I would like to cover more ground if and wherever possible.

      I'm not very keen on the inclusion of Anti-Villains since we have too little of them and it could be replaced with another category altogether. It could be replaced by the aforementioned Featured Articles/SFW Award Winners proposal, for instance.

      I do see your point. On the other hand, putting it up there could help convince people to try and make more of them. In fact the main reason why Anti-Villains is so empty is because there are so many people who don't even know what Anti-Villains are. Letting people learn of this alignment and try to fill this category is my reasoning for going along with it.

      However, SFW Award winners category is definitely something to consider. In fact that should be up there regardless--icon or not.

        Loading editor
    • Of course, if we want to put SFW Award Winners up we need to make the SFW Awards a consistent thing again.

      Now I think about it, didn’t Game make an alternate version of the Main Page a while back?

        Loading editor
    • I think she did?

      And we haven't done Awards in so long, I'm not sure if we should put it on the main page. 

        Loading editor
    • Skyblade743 wrote:
      Of course, if we want to put SFW Award Winners up we need to make the SFW Awards a consistent thing again.

      Now I think about it, didn’t Game make an alternate version of the Main Page a while back?

      I'll have to ask about that later. More than likely he forgot or just pushed it to the side for now. Don't remember if it was just an experiment or if he was serious about changing the main page up.

      Anyway that's basically what I said with the SFW awards. Although we don't necessarily need to make it a consistent event again to put it up on the main page but the fact that the awards had been going on for the great majority of this wiki's life warrants some kind of recognition regardless of whether we host them again or not. Either way, we could bring them back as a way of deciding on the alignment category pictures.

        Loading editor
    • He sounded pretty serious about it.

      I don't see the logic of recognising an awards system that no longer happens and was almost unanimously agreed to be unsuccesful the last few times around. It would also be confusing and offputting for new users of the Wiki to find that something that is being recognised as a critical part of the wiki no longer takes place. If we do this, we should bring the Awards back at least annually and/or revamp them. However, I agree that bringing them back at least for the pictures on the front page would be a good idea.

        Loading editor
    • The main page does need an overhaul. Most importantly, the Featured Article shouldn't be on the bottom right. Also, as you said, Announcements and Recent Roleplays should be removed and maybe change the colours too.

        Loading editor
    • Recent roleplays might work if we could find a better way of managing it. Announcements hasn't been used in years and isn't worth keeping.

        Loading editor
    • In my opinion, we should replace all images with my profile photo.

      Taelspedia

      Look here.

        Loading editor
    • No.

        Loading editor
    • It's just a idea, dude.

        Loading editor
    • I recognize that it is just an idea, but given that it's a stupid-ass idea, I have elected to reject it.

        Loading editor
    • Recent Roleplays is not something I would remove. It should be somewhere people can readily see it, first and foremost.

      Announcements shouldn't have to be removed, but seeing as we don't do enough to warrant any announcements it really wouldn't hurt anyone. My complaint about it is that we have two announcement sections; one on the front page and one in the wiki activity, and only one gets updated. The two should be synced.

        Loading editor
    • That is something only the administrators should take care of. Personally, I am not aware of how to edit them.

        Loading editor
    • Hey! And my ideia?
      
      Taelspedia
        Loading editor
    • Taels da fokz
      Taels da fokz removed this reply because:
      It's useless now.
      14:54, August 20, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • While the link is several times longer than it needs to be, that is not a bad image.

        Loading editor
    • Alternatively, you could have just saved the image and uploaded it here like Max did. But yeah, nice find.

        Loading editor
    • Sonic reading a book
      To make your work easier, I uploaded the image myself.
      
        Loading editor
    • Okay, I've been sick for the past several days in this really busy month, but on the subject of Game's main page overhaul, this is the concept he'd shown before. Fortunately most of what we've been discussing is still on this page should we choose to use this format. However I want to bring everyone's attention to the Active Content bar. Instead of Recent Roleplays, it looks like pages of all kind would show up here, but you need to apply for it? I need to ask him about that.

        Loading editor
    • This is super late, but maybe that bar could work like the Recent Wiki Activity page, but only for pages that had a big edit?

        Loading editor
    • Wikia does seem to define big edits for you (as in the + or - on the page history is bolded) so maybe it is possible to code that somehow. Really, I don't know anywhere near enough about Wikitext to get something like that to work.

        Loading editor
    • Welp, neither do I haha^^

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.