This page features the content of the Chao Garden in the 2011 action, platformer game The Chronicles of Sonic the Hedgehog: Rise of the Heroes, created by User:Juely.
The game features once again the unforgetable Chao Garden with its adorable Chao. The game contains 5 Chao Gardens. These Chao Gardens are the following:
• Vanilla Residence (Standard) - Vanilla's Residence is the most simple Chao Garden. It consists of a wide green garden with small trees and a fountain in the middle. In the background, there is Vanilla's house in which the player cannot enter. Hint character: Vanilla.
• Angel Island (Standard) - This Chao Garden is quite big. It consists of a large square pool in the middle surrounded by a green garden with grass, trees and ruins. Around that, there are some debris in which they act like a roof. Beneath that roof, there is small shelter which has a small path and leads to a small lake. Hint character: Tikal
• Emerald Resort (Standard) - This Chao Garden is a wide beach with soft sand and beach benches. The player has limited access to the wide crystal clear sea and the hotel on the background. Hint Character: Captain Whisker• Professor Pickle's Greenhouse (Standard) - A big abandoned greenhouse owned by Professor Pickle. It has an overgrown vegetation and some ruins around it. The player has only access to the interior part of the greenhouse. There are also some broken sinks which serve as a pool for the Chao. Hint Character: Professor Pickle (PS3, X-BOX 360), Professor Pickle's Assistant (Wii)
• Necropolis (PS3 exclusive) - A dark and eerie kind of garden, it has no vegetation at all, simply some trees near the cliff. It has some towers and a lake of blood which serves as the pool. There are also some stairs which lead to another more dark part of the garden.Hint Character: Omni-Viewer
• Garden of Dreams (X-BOX 360 exclusive) - This garden is actually based on Chun-Nan. It is the largest garden in the game. It consists of small parts of land on a shallow lake with blossoms and trees. There are also some small houses which serve as shelter for the Chao. Hint Characters: Wave & Storm
• Cream's Room (Wii exclusive) - This garden doesn't have any vegetation. Cream's room is a large spherical room with some pillows and toys in the back and a large teddybear. It also has a machine on the ceiling which makes the Chao go to sleep. There are also some hallways which lead to other rooms, one being the swimming pool. Hint Character: Gemerl
In each Chao Garden, there is a character that the player can interact with. That character is titled Hint character and will answer the player his questions about everything regarding the Chao Garden.
- New fruits, animals, toys and eggs are now available in the Chao Garden.
- Like in Nights: Journey of Dreams, the player can actually create his own Chao Garden. When the player first enters the Chao Garden, it is a desserted place with no vegetation and decoration. The player can buy seeds for grass and trees from the Black Market and even water to create rivers and vegetation.
- The weather changes instead of always being sunny. It may sometimes rain, snow, or be cloudy. It also changes from day to night. The player can also connect with is Internet so that the Chao Garden can have the same weather as in reality.
- The Chao have more emotions; these include being in pain, singing, sleeping, hurting each other, crying, laughing, happiness, sadness, question, falling in love, boredom etc.
- The game contains 4 Chao Gardens and 1 exclusive to each platform.
- Chao Doctor, Kindergarten and Karate are all removed. Instead, there is a new mode called Chao Stadium in which the player can leave his Chao in order to excercise. That will increase some of his stats and become more powerful for the Chao Races
- The player can go to the Chao Garden's Hint character in order to name his Chao, select the gender etc.
- There is a new content in the game in which the player can connect to the Internet and trade Chao with each other online.
- In Chao Races, the player can connect to the Internet in order to race online with other people's Chao.
- New evolutions for the Chao are available.
- The player may have up to 8 Chao per garden.
Animals are found inside special animal crates that are present in all action levels. By breaking them, you can collect animals which will be automatically saved by the computer and appear in your Chao Garden.
- Speed - Cheetah, Rabbit, Horse, Kangaroo
- Power: Increases the Chao's strength - Gorilla, Elephant, Bear, Hippo
- Fly: Upgrades the Chao's flight - Parrot, Peacock, Eagle, Toucan
- Stamina: Increases the Chao's stamina - Fruits
- Intelligence: Makes yours Chao smarter - Bat, Owl, Mouse, Wolf
- Climb: Upgrades the Chao's ability to climb - Raccoon, Koala, Panda, Monkey
- Dig: Upgrades the Chao's ability to dig - Mole, Echidna, Porcupine, Skunk
- Swim: Makes the Chao swim better and faster - Seal, Penguin, Beaver, Fish
- Mythical: Just for show... - Griffin, Phoenix, Unicorn, Minotaur
- Courage: Makes the Chao brave - Rooster, Lion, Dog, Butterfly
Chaos Drives are pretty much the same as animals. There are 9 Chaos Drives. These are the Blue, the Red, the Yellow, the Pink, the Purple, the White, the Azure, the Green and the Black.
They can be bought in the Black Market with Rings. Rings are found in action stages so try to collect as many as you can. Constructional items
- Tree seeds - 300 $
- River Water - 500 $
- Grass 300 $
- Rocks 300 $
- Paint 800 $
- Flowers 200 $
- Fountain 2500 $
- Watterfall 3000 $
- Lights 1000 $
- Passion Fruit
- Hero Fruit
- Dark Fruit
- Ice Cream
- Chocolate Bar
- Bubble Gum
- Craddle - Place 1st or 2nd on all Ruby Races.
- TV - Place 1st or 2nd on all Diamond Races.
- Rocking Horse - Place 1st or 2nd on all Amethyst Races.
- Carpet - 1200 $
- Radio - Place 1st or 2nd on all Sugilite Races.
- SEGA Dreamcast (requires TV) - Place 1st or 2nd on all Hero Races.
- Balloon - 1000 $
- Life Vest 800 $
- Drum 1000 $
- Doll House - Place 1st or 2nd on all Dark Races.
- Crayons 200 $
- Action Figure 900 $
- Pillows 50 $ each
- Christmas Tree 1500 $
- Rubber duck 400 $
- Lamp 1200 $
- Slide - Place 1st or 2nd on all Jasper Races.
- Giant Teddy Bear - Place 1st or 2nd on all Turqoise Races.
- Eggman-in-a-box - Place 1st or 2nd on all Quartz Races.
- Book - 1000 $
- Swing - 10.000 $
- Umbrella - 1600 $
- Headphones - 10.000 $
- Pacifier - Complete Challenge Mode with all Defeault Speed-Type Characters
- Garland - 2100 $
- Pumpkin Hat - 3000 $
- Skull Hat - 3000 $
- Eggshell Hat - Free
- Apple - 2000 $
- Can - 1900 $
- Watermelon - 2000 $
- Flower Pot - 2000 $
- Paper Bag - 2500 $
- Pan - 3000 $
- Bucket - 2000 $
- Tree - 2000 $
- Bow tie - 1850 $
- Cute Bunny Suit - Play Sky Chase 20 times.
- Cute Cub Suit - Play Base Protection 15 times.
- Diaper - Complete Challenge Mode with all Defeault Power-Type Characters
- Wool Hat - Complete Story Mode
- Santa Hat - 2000 $
- Blouse - 3500 $
- Hawaiian Hula - Complete Challenge Mode with all Defeault Fly-Type Characters
- Dog Cone - 1 Chao has to die
Eggs The Eggs can be bought in the Black Market. There are 3 defeault in each garden.
- White/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Red/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Blue/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Yellow/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Purple/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Pink/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Sky Blue/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Green/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Orange/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Black/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Grey/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Lime Green/(Shiny) Egg - 500/(5000) $
- Furry Blue Egg - 8000 $
- Furry Black Egg - 8000 $
- Furry Red Egg - 8000 $
- Furry White Egg - 8000 $
- Golden Egg - 20000 $
- Silver Egg - 15000 $
- Bronze Egg - 10000 $
The Black Market
The Black Market is the shop where the player can buy anything he needs or his Chao Garden. These items include fruits and food for the Chao, seeds for grass and trees, water for rivers and pools, toys, Chao eggs, clothes and accessories, furniture and decoration items. Wallace A. Ditso runs the Black Market and can also trade you things.
Just like in the previous Sonic games, one of the main reasons the player raises his/her Chao is so that he can race them. The Chao races have the same function and purpose in the game. The only diference is the course design. There are 7 levels of races.
- Level 1: Turqoise Race (6)
- Level 2: Quartz Race (6)
- Level 3: Sugilite Race (6)
- Level 4: Ruby Race (6)
- Level 5: Jasper Race (6)
- Level 6: Amethyst Race (6)
- Level 7: Diamond Race (5)
- Angel Level: Hero Race (4)
- Devil Level: Dark Race (4)