The Avengers: Sonic Edition! is a 2013 platforming game in the Sonic series. This game is the first Marvel superhero crossover game in the Sonic series. It will be released on the Xbox 360, Wii U, 3DS, DS, Wii, PS3, PSP, PSVita, and PC. A Mac version is also in the works by Apple, Dimps,BioWare, and SEGA.
Sonic and his friends suit up as the Avengers to test Tails' simulation machine, but when it goes beserk, Sonic and his friends have to use their new powers to save Mobius from destruction.
The gameplay is enchanced Sonic gameplay with the powers of select Avengers from Marvel. This game is a free roam game, making it like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Adventure. Players also have the option of making the gameplay like LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes or Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. RPG styles can be activated that seem simillar to the Final Fantasy series. Missions can be found across the city when a level or boss isn't in progress.
- Sonic the Hedgehog/ The Flash
- Miles "Tails" Prower/ Green Lantern
- Knuckles the Echidna/ The Hulk
- Shadow the Hedgehog/ Batman
- Sliver the Hedgehog/ Superman
- Amy Rose/ Wonder Woman
- Classic Sonic/ Robin
- Classic Knuckles/ Thor
- Rosy the Rascal/ Harley Quinn
- Eggman/ The Joker
- Mecha Sonic/ Orange Lantern
- Mecha Knuckles/ Loki
- Scourge the Hedgehog/ Lex Luthor
- Rouge the Bat/ The Cheetah
There are 10 areas, each based on Marvel locations.
Metropolis (Station Square)
Station Square is now Metropolis from Superman! Rush through the city as Sonic, or get a bird's eye view as Sliver. The stages are Metropolis Racing, Metropolis Rooftops, and Metro Mayhem. The bosses are the Cheetah and Lex Luthor in his Lex Mech.
- Metropolis Racing- Race the Cheetah through the streets as Sonic.
- Metropolis Rooftops- Get to the Goal!
- Metropolis Rooftops- Get 70 Rings and reach the goal!
- Metro Mayhem- Get to the Goal!
- Metropolis Racing- Don't hit any cars in 01:00:20!
- Metro Mayhem- Defeat the Lex Mech!