|Splash, the Goddess of Water|
Elemental Hedgehog Deity
Peace and tranquility, spending time with her friends, Charmy's "bee" jokes, and swimming.
Anyone or anything that disturbs the peace, snowstorms, thunderstorms, as well as Heavy and his general displays of rudeness and sarcasm.
- "Can't we all make peace and get along?"
- —Elemental Chaos Part 13
Splash, the Goddess of Water is a character from Knuckles' Chaotix: Elements of Power, an episodic fanfic series written by SolarBlaze. She is one of eight supernatural beings called "Elemental Goddesses", which each have power and control over a specific element. Scorch is the oldest of her siblings, with Splash being the middle triplet, and Slush being the youngest (not counting Dr. Robotnik's "EG Experiments").
Splash is portrayed as a kind-hearted and peace-loving individual who's deeply concerned with world peace. Naturally, she's a pacifist and doesn't like to fight, but several times, she has proven that she's willing to do so if the situation truly calls for it. Being the benevolent person that she is, Splash has very low tolerance for those who willingly harm the innocent or disturb the peace in any way, whether it's world domination or otherwise.
Although Splash, for the most part, is a calm and collected person, she has been known to lose her cool on some occasions, such as in the tenth part of Legend of the Elemental Gems when Heavy was constantly making rude and sarcastic remarks, as well as the sixteenth part of Elemental Chaos after Mephiles admitted that Scorch's death wasn't absolutely vital to his plans, and was partly for his own amusement.
Splash is also one of the few people who hardly finds Charmy Bee even the least bit irritating, and is always seen laughing at his "bee" jokes (and has even come up with some of her own). She gets along with Charmy well, and is usually quick to come to his defense whenever someone (namely Heavy) bashes him in some way, shape, or form.
There are also a few occasions where Splash has proven herself to be too trusting, such as in Legend of the Elemental Gems Part 5, after Robotnik faked an apology, as well as in the Elemental Chaos ending, where Dr. Nega claimed that he would "change [his] wicked ways" if she and the other heroes were to save him from dying in space. Both times, of course, the scientists immediately turned on her and mocked the Water Goddess for her kindness, even going so far as to say that she's "naive" for trusting them.
Powers and Abilities
Similar to her sister's control over fire, Splash has the power of hydrokinesis. In addition to being able fire water blasts from the palm of her hand, Splash also has the ability to liquefy and squeeze through tight spaces that would otherwise be impossible to fit through. As long as there's water around (including lakes, oceans, etc.), Splash can create tidal waves, water tornadoes, cause tsunamis, etc.
Her primary weaknesses are ice and thunder-related attacks.
Splash is one of the original three Elemental Goddesses, and the second-oldest of the pair of triplets. It was explicitly stated that thousands of years ago, Splash and her sisters were the "outcasts" of their society, due to the fact that many people saw them as a potential threat, because of the unusual powers they possessed. Due to the general public's intolerance of those who are different from themselves, Scorch, Splash, and Slush were constantly belittled and bullied by those around them.
One fateful day, the three Goddesses came across a mysterious fortune teller. They desperately wanted to know what the future had in store for them, and if peoples' mistreatment of them would ever stop. The fortune teller responded that someday, there would come a time where people would finally accept them for who they are, but before then, a tragedy was bound to befall the girls. Scorch, Splash, and Slush were then told that they were going to be hunted down, and imprisoned, due to everyone seeing them as a threat. Although they were disheartened about this unexpected turn of events, Scorch declared that if this was going to happen, then she wasn't going out without a fight.
After Scorch's imprisonment at the hands of Tikal, there ended up being a riot in the village, due to all the destruction that Scorch caused during her rampage. Figuring that Splash and Slush were as "dangerous" as their sister, everyone opted to have them imprisoned along with her. After fighting off hordes and hordes of villagers, Splash and Slush eventually ended up exhausting themselves to the point of unconsciousness, and found themselves sealed within their gems, just as the fortune teller predicted.
Episode 1: Legend of the Elemental Gems
Many years later, Dr. Robotnik learned of the Elemental Goddesses and began seeking the three gems in order to use their powers for his world domination schemes. He would have succeeded in bringing Splash under his control, had it not been for the intervention of Mighty the Armadillo and Tikal the Echidna.
Episode 2: Elemental Chaos
Episode 3: the Goddess of Destruction
Episode 4: Dimensional Chaos
- Scorch, the Goddess of Fire (Triplet/Older Sister)
- Oceana, the Goddess of Waves (Dimensional Equivalent/"Sister")
- Slush, the Goddess of Ice (Triplet/Younger Sister)
- EG-001/Squash, the Goddess of Stone ("Sister")
- EG-002/Seedra, the Goddess of Leaves ("Sister")
- EG-003/Shock, the Goddess of Lightning ("Sister")
- EG-004/Storm, the Goddess of Wind ("Sister")
- EG-005/Silvra, the Goddess of All Elements ("Sister")
- Rivera, the God of Springs (Descendant)
- "You, sir, are a vile, despicable excuse for a human being, and I don’t want anything to do with you OR your world domination plans!"
- —Legend of the Elemental Gems Part 5
During the events of Legend of the Elemental Gems, Dr. Robotnik was seeking the Water Element Gem so that he could release Splash and use her powers for his world domination plans. After she was (accidentally) released by Tikal, the doctor tried coaxing Splash into joining him, but she refused, stating that she was thoroughly disgusted by his evil intentions, and made it her sole mission to stop his plans from coming to fruition.
Unlike Scorch, who seems to have next to nothing but respect for the doctor, Splash absolutely despises him, and has even scolded her sister on a few occasions for "being in cahoots with someone like him". In addition to disagreeing with his world domination plans, Splash holds a personal vendetta against Robotnik, because she's under the impression that he doesn't care anything about Scorch and is simply taking advantage of her. However, towards the end of Elemental Chaos, Splash has begun to see some goodness within the doctor, and stated that she actually would consider joining him if he were to give up on trying to conquer the world.
- "Wow, is it true that he would've been seventeen years old right now if that incident hadn't taken place? Even so, he's still so innocent and child-like… Others find him to be irritating for that reason, but I, on the other hand, happen to like that about him."
- —The Goddess of Destruction Part 10
As stated in the "personality" section, Splash has a close friendship with Charmy. Unlike most of the characters, Splash doesn't find him very irritating at all, and enjoys his company a lot. Whenever she and the rest of the heroes need to split up for certain tasks, she's always willing to work alongside him, especially if no one else does. Splash is one of the few characters left who hasn't gotten tired of hearing the "bee" puns, since in her words, she finds them "cute". Although, an exception to that is in Elemental Chaos Part 16, after she had gotten finished blowing a fuse over Mephiles' remark about bloodshed.
She was also seen getting slightly irritated with him in Legend of the Elemental Gems Part 6 after he accidentally offended her by making a remark about her being "really, really old", but he was able to cheer her up shortly afterwards. Otherwise, Splash and Charmy are very close, almost like that of a brother and sister. In The Goddess of Destruction Part 10, the two of them were even seen playing in the snow together.
- "Why is it that nearly EVERYTHING you say is either rude, sarcastic, or taking jabs at Charmy in some way, shape, or form!?"
- —Legend of the Elemental Gems Part 16
Heavy is the one member of the Chaotix team that Splash doesn't get along with very well. After she first met the rest of the Chaotix team, Charmy told her how much of a "jerk" Heavy was, and she later on saw that for herself upon meeting him the first time. Splash often finds herself annoyed with his displays of rudeness and sarcasm, and is quick to label him as a "prick" because of it. Likewise, Heavy also finds her irritating, because of the fact that she's always encouraging Charmy's "bee" jokes. Although the two of them don't get along that well, they have been known to put their differences aside whenever the situation truly calls for it.
Elemental Goddess and Number Line Similarities
Coincidentally, the Elemental Goddesses and the Number Line happen to have several similarities with one another. Splash is by no means an exception, having much in common with Quattuor.
- They both have blue fur.
- They're both part of a group that consists of at least eight siblings.
- Each of them have power over the water element.
- Splash and Quattuor are both considered to be the most kind-hearted and sympathetic out of all their siblings.
- As such, they can both be somewhat naive and too trusting at times.
- Both of them are good with kids (with Splash being best friends with Charmy, and Quattuor having a close bond with Prickles).
- Both of them have a fondness for small creatures, such as Chao or the type of animals that are used to power Badniks.
- Both characters have a tragic past of some sort; Splash and her sisters suffered harsh treatment in the past, and eventually found themselves sealed up for thousands of years, while Quattuor, on the other hand, was declared a failure by his creator, and thrown away as a result of failing a task that was assigned to him.
- Each character has a look-alike/counterpart that's affiliated with Dr. Nega in some way (Oceana and Negative Four respectively).
- Splash's personality is a combination of Goku's and King Kai's from the Dragon Ball series; the former, because of her kind-hearted (and somewhat naive) nature. Her similarity with the latter is her slightly goofy personality, and affinity for jokes and puns.
- The "scheming lowlife" insult that Splash frequently uses was stolen from the DiC Entertainment dub of Sailor Moon.
- Splash is the only one of the original Elemental Goddesses whose blood was not used to create any of the EG Experiments. However, this wasn't the case in a previous roleplay, since she was the only one available, due to the fact that Scorch and Slush were "dead" at the time.