|Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 4|
ESRB: E for Everyone, Pegi: +7
EU: 2013JP: TBA
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Sonic Riders: Off the Ground (spin-off)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 3 (current)Sonic Generations (Mainstream)
~ Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 4 product page (XBOX 360,PS3.)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 4 is the 4th installment in the Sonic the Hedgehog 4 series. It will be released in 2013 in the PlayStation Marketplace, the XBOX Live Marketplace, the 3DS e-shop, and on Steam.
Chapter 1: "Insuar Island Base"
After escaping Death E.G.G Zone (see Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode III), Dr. Eggman flys to Insuar Island where he decides to revive Sliver Sonic II. Nearby, Sonic and Tails are relaxing on Cocoa Island (one of Tails' favorite vacationing spots) when Tails' Chaos Energy detector detects Chaos Energy coming from Insuar Island. Sonic suspects Eggman is behind it. Just then, Knuckles and Shadow arrive. Shadow tells Sonic that he was sensing massive amounts of Chaos Energy coming from Insuar Island. Tails tells them that's the case with his Chaos Energy detector. They jump on the Tornado IV and set off. Meanwhile, at Eggman's base, Sliver Sonic has been revived and is practicing his moves for the coming fight with Sonic. Little does Eggman know that Sonic has friends. He sends out his new Badniks to guard the rest of the island while he finishes the Death Egg Mark. 3.
Chapter 2: "Rumble in the Ruins"
Eggman retreats back to his base, but Sonic and his friends need to spilt up to find his base. Sonic heads out with Shadow, while Knuckles heads out with Tails. Along the way, Sonic encounters some Elecapes and Fullboars, who spot Sonic and Shadow and attack them. Shadow manages to escape, but Sonic is captured. Tails and Knuckles meet up with Shadow in front of a large temple. Shadow tells them that Sonic was captured by some Badniks. Tails says no good can come from this. They head back towards the minor ruins to find Sonic. You play as Tails and the others, but after you rescue Sonic, you can play as him.
- Sonic the Hedgehog- Being the hero that he is, Sonic heads to Insuar Island to find out about the mysterious Chaos Energy signal. He has some friends along, so he's ready to bash!
- Miles "Tails" Prower- Sonic's best twin-tailed friend has stuck around for a long time. His newest invention, the Tornado IV, allows not only flight, but undersea travel.
- Knuckles the Echidna- The guard of the Master Emerald has been disrupted by the Chaos Emeralds' and Master Emerald's disappearances! He heads to Cocoa Island to find Shadow, but teams up with Sonic and Tails to head to Insuar Island.
- Shadow the Hedgehog- Shadow plans to help save Insuar Island, but gets side-tracked by a mysterious fellow in the bushes on Insuar Island. He meets one of Eggman's Badniks!
- Dr. Eggman- A evildoer with a IQ of 300. He revives Sliver Sonic, and creates the Death Egg Mark. 3.
- Sliver Sonic- One of the forgotten clones of Sonic. Revived by Eggman, this robot plans to destroy Sonic.
- Sidecrab (Crab)- Insuar Inland, Click Clack Mines
- Fullboar- Insuar Island, Polar Paradise,Rumble Ruins
- Dolmeta (Dolphin)- Polar Paradise, Insuar Inland.
- Sharkly (Shark)
- Octotick (Octopus)
- Penlurk (Penguin)
- Egg Pawn- Insuar Inland, Rumble Ruins
- Egg Pawn w/ Scuba Gear- Insuar Inland, Polar Paradise
- Egg Pawn w/ Pickaxe
- Rin (Ringpointer)- Death Egg Mk. III
- Las (Laserpointer)- Sky Scurry, Death Egg Mk. III
- Elecape (Ape)
- Spi (Spikepointer)
- Insuar Inland- A lush landscape in the heart of Insuar Island. Eggman has sent Octoticks, Egg Pawns, and Elecapes to throw Sonic and his friends off course.
- Rumble Ruins- Inside Rumble Ruins, a Chaos Emerald lies within the throne room. However, many Elecapes can be found giving it the nickname "Ruins of Elecape".
- Polar Paradise- After escaping Rumble Ruins, Sonic and friends end up in a polar part of Insuar Island. There is a resort near the main frozen circle. Many Dolmetas can be found living in the icy waters.
- Chaos Central- The center for all of Eggman's projects relys on Chaos Energy to power machinary. Sonic and friends are trying to find the main power machine so the Death Egg Mk. III doesn't reach Angel Island.
- Death Egg Mk. III- The crew arrives on Eggman's Death Egg Mk.III, knowing that this isn't the last time they'll see Baldy McNosehair.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode Sliver
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode Sliver is the second DLC starring a robot character. It's main character is Sliver Sonic, who has joined forces with Sliver the Hedgehog and Vector the Crocodile. This is also the first DLC to include two other characters who are playable.
- Sliver Sonic- Sliver Sonic plays similar to Metal Sonic, but he can jump higher, and his super form is called "True Sliver Sonic". His spin dash knocks out up to 4 monitors or 4 enemies, making a slam attack.
- Sliver the Hedgehog- Sliver plays like in Sonic '06, but with some tweaks. His telekensis has 10 minutes until the gauge of power is empty, unlike in Sonic '06. Also, his super form has double the amount of time for telekensis.
- Vector the Crocodile- Vector plays similar to his Sonic Heroes gameplay, but he has been tweaked as well. His bubble gum bubble can be used to hover for long distances, and his fighting has improved.
- Splash Hill Zone (Episode 1)
- Sylvania Castle (Episode 2)
- Insuar Inland (Episode 4)
- Casino Street (Episode 1)
- White Park (Episode 2)
- Rumble Ruins (Episode 4)
- Lost Labyrinth (Episode 1)
- Oil Desert (Episode 2)
- Polar Paradise (Episode 4)
- Mad Gear (Episode 1)
- Sky Fortress (Episode 2)
- Chaos Central (Episode 4)
- E.G.G Station (Episode 1)
- Death Egg Mk. II (Episode 2)
- Death Egg Mk. III (Episode 4)
There are secrets in Sonic 4: Episode 4 and Sonic 4: Episode Sliver. They include remastered classic zones, hidden routes, and debug mode.
Hidden Zones/ How to unlock
- Chemical Plant (Sonic 2)- Collect every red ring in Insuar Inland.
- Starlight Zone (Sonic 1)- Play as Knuckles for the entire game.
- Mushroom Hill Zone (Sonic 3)- Play as Tails and Sonic in Polar Paradise.
- Stardust Speedway *Good Future* (Sonic CD)- Play as Shadow in Chaos Central.
- Rooftop Run *Day* (Sonic Unleashed: XBOX 360 only)- Have save data of Sonic Unleashed.
- Crazy Gadget (Sonic Adventure 2)- Play as Shadow for the entire game.
- Tidal Tempest (Sonic CD)- Beat Insuar Inland without touching the water sections.
- Hill Top Zone (Sonic 2)- Collect every red ring in Chaos Central.
- Insuar Inland Act 1- None.
- Insuar Inland Act 2- Swing on the vine at the middle of the stage and then Boost to find a Red Ring as well as a hidden route (Sonic and Shadow only),Fly/Glide upwards at the beginning of the stage to find the route.