How the animated series appeared when Vitaly Belyalov came across the site Sonic News Network in 2016. And in early 2017, I saw Sonic the Hedgehog series tab, after reading my information. Accidentally colliding on the “Characters” heading, Vitaly Belyalov noticed characters in 2D artworks from the Japanese site Sonic Channel. And so I decided to create the same animated series, but I figured out some characters how to return (for example, those who blew up E-102 Gamma and Emerl).
In the first season before Vitaly decided that this was due to video games of Sonic the Hedgehog series. And he thought it might be better to add villains Sonic and Shadow (Scourge the Hedgehog and Eclipse the Darkling) from Archie Comics, due to the fact that in their pages they have 3D artworks made by Rafa Knight. During the first season, calendars with characters appear in Sonic Channel every month, so all the characters from the calendars should appear in the animated series, at least in one episode.
After canceling the continuation of Archie Comics issues, since Vitaly added two villains, in the second season he decided to add Freedom Fighters, Destructix from Archie Comics, Avatar from Sonic Forces and Zooey from Sonic Boom. And this animated series is still associated with Archie Comics. Then I decided to add new characters. And since in November 2017 Infinite appeared on Sonic Channel calendar, so it will also appear. But after Infinite's death, Vitaly wanted to consult with the video game developers “What happened to Infinite?”. If Vitaly decides to return Infinite again to the animated series, then in his first episode not Infinite appeared, but his counterpart, accidentally made a virtual reality. Many fans added Ashura the Hedgehog (Glitch Sonic) to fan games or to something else, so he decided to add, but then it became a pity that Ashura died in place of Sonic and Shadow, saying goodbye and gave the ring, which happened to him with the third season. When the second season was almost over, we had to add some more characters from Archie Comics or Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAm).
In the third season, Vitaly Belyalov decided to add some of the characters from the video games and Archie Comics and character Tangle the Lemur from Sonic the Hedgehog (IDW Comic Series). And let Ashura's Ring be not ordinary, but perfect.
Vitaly Belyalov decided that the third season will be the last, because after him there will be a continuation - the educational animated series Shadow the Hedgehog: GUN Arcana.
These events occurred after Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, Sonic Lost World and Sonic Runners. Now there are new adventures, and old characters return. Eggman's evil plans continue, but Sonic and his friends (Tails, Amy, Knuckles and other) try to prevent him, destroying Badniks and seeking to save the world. But each time it turned out not to work out how they thought, but still managed to defeat Eggman and his tricks. In some parts Eggman even managed to kill Sonic, in some moments Sonic just lost consciousness, in some moments Sonic is really killed, but Chaos Emeralds are resurrected.
After events of Sonic Forces, in the second season, Sonic and his friends meet with Freedom Fighters. Sonic returns to the City, where the rookie is waiting, and Tails has found his love. And Eggman creates his new army, doppelgangers, robots and residents of Anti-Earth.
After events of Team Sonic Racing and the battle of Angel Island and Master Emerald return, in the third season, Sonic and Shadow discover a ring that Ashura gave them after his death. And this ring possessed super abilities. With this ring, this story continues after the conflict between Sonic and Shadow. All use only in extreme cases, especially in serious battles.
Cast and Characters
- Main article: List of Sonic the Hedgehog (2017 TV Series) characters
- Main article: List of Sonic the Hedgehog (2017 TV Series) episodes
The screenshots always played the music of past games (usually Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Sonic Generations, etc.)
Sonic the Hedgehog TV Series Soundtrack - Character Themes (2017)
The album "Sonic the Hedgehog TV Series Soundtrack - Character Themes" was released on June 17, 2017. Each track is played by main characters of the TV series. But the tracks are taken from the past Sonic games: Sonic the Hedgehog CD (JP/EU Version), Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors.
|Number||Song||Theme||Singer / Musician||Game|
|1||Reach For The Stars||Sonic||Jean Paul Makhlouf||Sonic Colors|
|2||Believe In Myself||Tails||Kaz Silver||Sonic Adventure 2|
|3||Theme of Dr. Eggman ~Full Version~||Dr. Eggman, Orbot & Cubot||Hideaki Kobayashi||Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)|
|4||Unknown From M.E.||Knuckles||Marlon Saunders & Hunnid-P||Sonic Adventure 2|
|5||My Sweet Passion||Amy||Nikki Gregoroff||Sonic Adventure|
|6||Throw It All Away||Shadow||Everett Bradley||Sonic Adventure 2|
|7||Follow Me||Cream & Cheese||Kay Hanley||Sonic Heroes|
|8||Fly In The Freedom||Rouge||Tabitha Fair & Todd Cooper||Sonic Adventure 2|
|9||Lazy Days ~Livin In Paradise~||Big||Ted Poley||Sonic Adventure|
|10||Team Chaotix||Vector, Espio & Charmy||Gunnar Nelson||Sonic Heroes|
|11||This Machine||E-123 Omega||Julien-K||Sonic Heroes|
|12||Catch Me If You Can||Jet, Wave & Storm||Runblebee||Sonic Riders|
|13||Vela Nova||Blaze||Hideki Naganuma||Sonic Rush|
|14||Dreams Of An Absolution||Silver||Lee Brotherton||Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)|
|15||Theme of "E-102y"||E-102 Gamma||Fumie Kumatani||Sonic Adventure|
|16||Theme of "Tikal"||Tikal, Chaos & Emerl||Fumie Kumatani||Sonic Adventure|
|17||Stardust Speedway (Bad Future)||Metal Sonic||Naofumi Hataya||Sonic the Hedgehog CD (JP/EU)|
|18||A New Venture||Marine||Tahirih Walker||Sonic Rush Adventure|
|19||Dear My Friend||Chip & Sticks||Brent Cash||Sonic Unleashed|
|20||Wrapped In Black||Eggman Nega||Hideki Naganuma||Sonic Rush|
Opening theme in first and second seasons will be used Sonic Drive (Japenese Version) from Sonic X. On the third season will be released new opening theme "Ring for Everyone" performed by Cash Cash, music by Ernest Belyalov, lyrics by Vitaly Belyalov.
Ending theme will be used ending theme from Sonic Underground.
- Main article: Sonic at the Olympic Games
- Main article: Shadow the Hedgehog: GUN Arcana
- Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog (2017 TV Series): The Video Game
The game for PC on the scripts of the animated series Sonic the Hedgehog in the first and first half of the second seasons.
- Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog (2017 TV Series) Fight
New spin-off game of fighting for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch, similar to the games Sonic the Fighters and fangame Sonic Freedom Fighters series.
- Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog (2017 TV Series): Time to Party
A new game with many mini-games for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch, which is similar to Sonic Shuffle.
- Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog (2017 TV Series) GO
New perfect racing game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch, similar to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but you can chase in different modes: Run Mode, Kart Mode and Extreme Gear Mode.
- Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog (2017 TV Series): The Last Resort
When the entire animated series is over, there will be the last video game, similar to Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Heroes. Since the stories of different teams are inserted, but in each level only one of the three characters is controlled.
- Main article: Sonic Endless Speed
- Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog: Chaos Control Manipulation
- Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog: The Native King
- Roger Craig Smith as Sonic/Wisp Announcer/Predator Hawk/Needles/Sonic Robot/Metal Sonic Robot Army/Thebes/Speedy
- Colleen Villard as Tails/Charmy/Zooey/Fiona/Classic Tails/Miles Prower/Saffron/Cinder/Breezie
- Cindy Robinson as Amy/Classic Amy/Rosy/Honey/Shade/Leeta/Perci
- Travis Willingham (ep.1-221) as Knuckles/Storm/Zavok/Battler/Classic Knuckles/Daikun/Tabby/Mephiles/O'Nux/Albus/Dark Enerjak/Foreman Krag
- Dave Mitchell (ep.222-present) as Knuckles/Storm/Battler/Classic Knuckles/O'Nux/Albus/Iron
- Mike Pollock as Dr. Eggman/Eggman Nega/Classic Eggman/Gerald Robotnik/Dr. Ivo Kintobor/Great Battle Kukku
- Kirk Thornton as Orbot/Shadow/Master Zik/Scourge/Scar/Shadow Android/Muzy/Setter/Gardon/Ashura/A-0793/Locke/Larry/Geoffrey
- Wally Wingert as Cubot/Emerl/Mecha Sonic/Colonel/Kylok/E-10000 Series/Dr. Fukurokov/Shard/G-merl
- Karen Strassman as Rouge/Lien-Da
- Michelle Ruff as Cream/Vanilla
- Ryo Hirohashi as Cheese/Chocola/Crusher
- Tara Strong as Sally/Alicia/Princess Undina
- Ashleigh Ball as Bunnie/Buns/Bunker
- Rob Paulsen as Antoine/Patch/Elias
- Kath Soucie as Nicole/N'rrgal Queen
- Cam Brainard as Rotor/Boomer/Captain Striker
- Laura Bailey (ep.1-221) as Blaze/Omochao/Maria Robotnik/Jian
- Erica Lindbeck (ep.222-present) as Blaze/Omochao/Jian
- Quinton Flynn (ep.1-221) as Silver/Flying Frog
- Bryce Papenbrook (ep.222-present) as Silver/Flying Frog/Echo
- Keith Silverstein as Vector/General Raxos
- Matthew Mercer as Espio/Lightning/Remington
- Kyle Hebert as Big/Carp/Dodon Pa
- Vic Mignogna (ep.1-221) as E-123 Omega/E-102 Gamma/Omega Care Unit
- Aaron LaPlante (ep.222-present) as E-123 Omega/E-102 Gamma/Omega Care Unit
- Michael Yurchak as Jet/Feather
- Kate Higgins as Wave/Coral
- Karen Neill as Tikal/Mary
- Wendee Lee as Marine
- Nika Futterman as Sticks/Blackie/Conquering Storm/Lyco/Pearly
- Tony Salerno as Chip
- Yu Seki as Avatar
- Liam O'Brien as Zazz/Eclipse/Simian/Infinite
- Patrick Seitz as Zomom/Strip/Thrash/Zavok (ep.222-present)/Harvey Who
- Stephanie Sheh as Zeena/Fuzzy
- Sam Riegel as Zor/Gold/Sir Nils
- Marc Thompson as Commander/Manny
- Sean Schemmel as Black Doom/Black Death
- Tom Kenny as Fang/Dr. Ellidy
- Nolan North as Bean
- Frank Welker as Bark/Sir Charles/Razor
- Lonnie Hirsch as Captain Whisker
- Christopher Pellegrini as Johnny/Mini/Mum
- Melissa Fahn as Julie-Su
- Tim Curry as Nigel/King Ruff
- Shari Belafonte as Lupe/Queen Angelica
- Casey Robertson as Excalibur/Rap
- Sean Astin as Classic Mighty/Gavin/Hamin
- Greg Cipes as Classic Ray
- Julissa Aquirre as Tangle
- Cree Summer as Dulcy
- Charlie Adler as Snively
- Michael Bell as Naugus
- Phil Hayes as S6 Scratch
- Garry Chalk as S6 Grounder
- Ian James Corlett as S6 Coconuts
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Neo Metal Sonic
- Tomoko Sasaki as Chao
Games 1991-Sonic Runners Adventure/Archie Comics/SatAm --- Sonic the Hedgehog (1st season) --- Sonic Forces --- Sonic the Hedgehog (2nd season) --- Team Sonic Racing/IDW Publishing --- Sonic the Hedgehog (3rd season) (ep. 205-227) --- Sonic the Hedgehog Fight --- Sonic the Hedgehog (3rd season) (ep. 228-245) --- Sonic the Hedgehog: Time to Party --- Sonic the Hedgehog (3rd season) (ep. TBA) --- Sonic the Hedgehog GO --- Sonic the Hedgehog (3rd season) (ep. TBA) --- Sonic the Hedgehog: Special Episode --- Sonic the Hedgehog: The Last Resort --- Sonic the Hedgehog: Chaos Control Manipulation --- Sonic at the Olympic Games --- Shadow the Hedgehog: GUN Arcana (ep. TBA) --- Sonic the Hedgehog: The Native King
- Judging by all main characters from season 1, they are taken from 2D artworks of the Sonic Channel, and from there appeared this animated series.
- Judging by the characters in season 2, this animated series looks like Archie comics.
- The second half of the second season and the third season seem to be a continuation of Sonic SatAm.
- Some Badniks, which first appeared in some games, did not correspond to the animated series. It is Master Robots from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit) and Sonic Chaos, Eggman's robots from Sonic 2006 and new Badniks from Sonic Mania.
- Some episodes are specially put on the right date thanks to the anniversaries.
- The episode "Time Travel" was created in honor of 26th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- The episode "Sonic Mania Event" was created in honor of 27th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- The episode "Seven Robot Teleporters" was created in honor 25th anniversary of game "Sonic the Hedgehog CD" and characters Amy Rose and Metal Sonic.
- The episode "Remnants of Darkness" was created in honor of 10th anniversary of game "Sonic Unleashed" and character Chip.
- The episode "Ice Chaos" was created in honor of 20th anniversary of game "Sonic Adventure" and characters Big the Cat, E-102 Gamma, Tikal and Chaos.
- The episode "Holiday Heroes" was created in honor of 15th anniversary of game "Sonic Heroes" and character E-123 Omega.
- The episode "Spring Came" was created in honor of 10th anniversary of game "Sonic and the Black Knight".
- The episode "My Life" was created in honor of 28th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- The events of the first season occurred after the events of game Sonic Runners Adventure. Although the game Sonic Runners Adventure for Android is released in June 10, 2017, and for iOS is in December 20, 2017.
- Julie-Su, Destructix, Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles in season 3 became the main characters of the TV series, but formerly were supporting.
- Tangle's English voice actor, Julissa Aguirre, also voiced NiGHTS from NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.
- Starting with the game Team Sonic Racing and the episode "Film", the actors Travis Willingham, Quinton Flynn, Laura Beily and Vic Mignogna will no longer voice the old characters in the animated series. Some heroes will be announced as with Team Sonic Racing.
- All characters voiced by Travis Willingham (except for Zavok) will be voiced by Dave Mitchell.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2017 TV Series): The Video Game and Sonic Endless Speed are only these games do not correspond to the chronology, as it is scripted in the animated series.