Sonic the Fighters 2: Champions of Chaos is the sequel to the Sonic the Fighters arcade game. It will be released on Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 4, PS3, and PC download in December 2013.
There are 38 playable characters in this game, and all of the fighters from the original game and HD releases return.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Espio the Chameleon
- Fang the Sniper (called Nack the Weasel in the instruction booklet)
- Bark the Polar Bear
- Bean the Dynamite Duck
- Honey the Cat
- Metal Sonic
- Super Sonic- Win every match with out losing a life
- Dr. Eggman- Beat every stage with any character.
- Sliver the Hedgehog- Defeat Dr. Eggman as Sonic
- Shadow the Hedgehog- Finish all the returning stage opponents off with Sonic or Metal Sonic.
- Ray the Flying Squirrel- Win 5 rounds as Tails.
- Vector the Crocodile- Win 5 rounds as Espio.
- Mighty the Armadillo- Defeat Metal Sonic as Espio or Vector (if unlocked)
- Ice king (Meme's version) - by the Multiverse DLC
There are 18 stages in all, and the first 10 are recaps of what happened in Sonic the Fighters.
- South Island- Knuckles the Echidna
- Flying Carpet- Amy Rose
- Aurora Icefield- Bark the Polar Bear
- Canyon Cruise- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Mushroom Hill- Espio the Chameleon
- Casino Night- Fang the Sniper
- Dynamite Plant- Bean the Dynamite Duck
- Giant Wing- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Death Egg's Eye- Metal Sonic
- Death Egg's Hangar- Dr. Eggman
- Lost World (Sonic Lost World)- Mighty the Armadillo
- Sky Sanctuary- Ray the Flying Squirrel
- Egg Carrier Wing- Super Sonic
- Crisis Central- Sliver the Hedgehog
- Crocodile Swamps- Vector the Crocodile
- Sky Base Zone- Mecha Sonic
- Tails' Rocketship- Blaze the Cat
- Death Egg Mk. III- Death Egg Robo 2.0