(This page is currently under construction by Rin za Ookami-chan and it is not to be edited by anyone but the user)
Sonic Voids '(ソニック·ボイド,' Sonikku Boido) is an Action/Field Battle game made for the PlayStation 3 platform. The Game is Published by SEGA.
The gameplay is Third-person camera angle, similar to the Current Sonic 3D games but this one the player can move the camera's angle and it's based on field battle. The player is able to move freely on the stage and also they must solve puzzels, missions and defeat bosses and enemies to progress in the game. The player can also costumize the skills, equitment and weapons of the character and also level up the skills and stats of the character by using experience points given in battle.
The player is given a health bar, that signifies the health of the character and it will increase as the player levels up. The health bar has six stages that it can be upgraded to and each are reprisented by a color.
- First Bar- Red
- Second Bar- Yellow
- Third Bar- Orange
- Fourth Bar- Green
- Fifth Bar- Blue
- Sixth Bar- Purple
Underneath the health bar is the Void Gauge, it appears under the heath bar, with it the player can use different special abilities and depending on the ability is how much of the gauge is used. To replenish the gauge the player must find orbs or hold down the guard button. Beside the Void Gauge is the Ring Count and with it the player can do a Void Attack, but during the spirit attack takes away a number of rings. To activate the Spirit Attack press the R2 and L2 buttons and the player will go to what is called an Awakening Mode and by pressing them again the player will perform a Spirit Attack. To obtain rings the player can either get them during a fight or by destroying items.
- Health- By leveling up the health bar the characters health gets larger
- Void Gauge- By leveling up the void gauge it will deplead less witht the number of special attacks the character uses
- Attack- By leveling up the attack the character is able to do more damage to the opponent
- Defence- By leveling up the defence the character is able to wistand more damage
- Speed- By leveling up the speed the character is able to move faster along the stage
- Awakening Mode- By leveling up the awakening mode the character will be able to use this mode with more time
- Void Attack- By leveling the void attack the character is able to do more damage to the opponent
- Weapon- By leveling up the weapon the characters weapon will do more damage to the oppoent
Types of Fighting
- Normal Attacks- The normal attacks are the basic punches and kicks.
- Void Weapons Attacks- The weapon attacks are used when the character is equiped with a weapon
- Special Attacks- The special attacks are those attacks that use up the Spirit Gauge
- Void Attacks- The spirit attacks are those attacks that requiers the Awakaning mode and use up the Ring count
- Left Analog Stick- Move
- Right Analog Stick- Rotate Camera
- Start- Pause Game
- Select- Level Up/Costumize Menu
- X Button- Jump/Action
- Triangle Button- Special Attack
- Square Button- Attack
- Circle Button- Guard
- R1 Button- Lock onto an Object
- L1 Button- Lock onto a Person
- R2/L2 Buttons- Void Attack
All the cut-scenes in this game are anime based. Making the second Sonic game to have animated cut-scenes (The first being Sonic Shockwave Riders) and the third to have an anime opening.
Conceps and Terminology
Xenos: Xenos is a different dimension where the powers of the voids are very important in this world. The world is locaded in between the Sol Dimension and Mobius.
Voids: Voids are embodiments of power inside of a person. They take in various forms and all have different abilities. The race of Stigmas are able to use Voids for combat abilities.
Stigmas: Stigmas are a race of fighters who are able to control voids from their bodies and materialize them into weapons. Each Stigma is able to control one or two elements and have very long lives and have a specific mark on their bodies. For a Stigma to maintain their powers at a high level they need to feed on a substance called Jenova.
Jenova: Jenova is a souce of energy only found in cristals in Xenos. It is the main source of power for the Stigmas and also it is the substance that Voids are made of. Each Stigma is able to consume many cristalize or liquidfied Jenova cells. It can be also found in a living beings bodies.
Apthos: Is a society of Stigmas who protect Xenos and other worlds from different threats. Also they teach Stigmas to control the power of the voids and mesure their power and stability.
Zephos: Is a group of rouge Stigmas who's main goal is to revive Azuvah. They are high level Stigmas and they seek the destruction of various worlds and dimentions.
The story beguin with a slight monolog of someone explaining what has been going on and what is about to happen. Also it gives a highlight on what is the enemy while the opening song plays as the scene happens it also shows a mysterious figure in a hood and cloak. It also shows another figure in a orb of water sleeping while another one is standing in front of it. After the intro it shows the same figure in front of the orb of water and smiling. She then smiles wicketdly and puts her hand on the orb. She sais "Soon you'll be awaken, mother". Then it shows another figure in a cloak holding a cross like purple glowing item in his hands while he had a cross tied in a chain around his neck.
The Story Mode is split into three different Stories, these are:
Sonic's Story: Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles 'Tails' Prower, Knuckles the Echidna
Blaze's Story: Blaze the Cat, Lizzy the Mongoose, Jubei the Fox
Zane's Story: Zane the Wolf, Loke the Ferret, Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Blaze the Cat
- Zane the Wolf
- Lisette 'Lizzy' the Mongoose
- Loke the Ferret
- Jubei the Fox
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Miles 'Tails' Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Rouge the Bat
- E-123 Omega
- Espio the Chamelion
- Vector the Crocodile
- Charmy Bee
- Master Xavier the Hedgehog
- Ayala the Wolf
- Dr. Eggman
- Metal Sonic
- Scorge the Hedgehog
- Dastan the Panther
- Amato the Tiger
- Ambra the Leopard
The games soundtrack is composed by the production company Two Steps From Hell. The games songs are written by Crush 40 and Asriel In the gameplay it features epic action, epic drama, epic and action music. The games theme song is 'Baptize' by Yui Itsuki, the ending credis song is 'His World' by Crush 40. In Story Mode the songs are composed by Two Steps From Hell and the Title screen theme is 'Invincible' by Two Steps From Hell.
- This is the first Sonic game to have two themes from two different bands.
- This is the first Sonic game to be composed by Two Steps From Hell.
- This is the first Sonic game that the characters have weapons to attack.
- This is the first Sonic game to have a Japanese intro.
- This is the third Sonic game to have anime intros
- This is the second Sonic game to have animated cut-scenes.