Sonic Memoirs is an upcoming 3D action/adventure video game. The game will be released on the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii U, and PC in 2015. SEGA has stated that this game will be a bit darker than previous titles in the series.
Gameplay in Sonic Memoirs is similar to that of Sonic Unleashed's daytime stages with some Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric style gameplay mixed in. The biggest new gameplay feature is the ability to use the Chaos Emeralds to change things around Sonic, such as destroying enemies and opening hidden areas. Below are all the Chaos Emerald abilities.
- Red Emerald - Destroys enemies in a circular area around Sonic.
- Blue Emerald - Locates secret areas.
- Yellow Emerald - Gives Sonic a Lightning Shield.
- Green Emerald - Allows the player to lift up certain environmental pieces.
- White Emerald - Causes Chaos Control to occur, freezing all enemies on-screen and revealing hidden objects.
- Cyan Emerald - Gives Sonic a Bubble Shield.
- Purple Emerald - Allows Sonic to generate grind rails, land, and Special Stage entrances.
The game takes place ten years after the events of Sonic Lost World, during which Dr. Eggman had been defeated by Sonic once and for all. Sonic, having no one threatening him for years, now leads a peaceful life and is married to Blaze the Cat. The blue blur's humble life is disrupted when a black hole appears in his bedroom and sucks him in. Sonic then awakens in a bizzare world called "Suibom-X", where he finds some of the forgotten friends that he had. After arriving in Technic Hills Zone, Sonic meets Ray the Flying Squirrel. He had been forgotten since about 1993, and was reported missing several years ago. Ray explains that, since Tails became Sonic's main sidekick, he's been building up Suibom to restore it to it's former beauty. Suddenly, two Floppy badniks come out of a nearby teleporter. Sonic easily destroys them with a Homing Attack, but claims he never encountered a Floppy during his travels. The Floppies are under control by Wechina, an alternate version of Knuckles, and his lackey Ashura (a corrupt version of Sonic). The hedgehog and squirrel then see their faces on SXNN (Suibom-X News Network) as the two most wanted Suibom-Xians on the planet. Sonic and Ray then flee from police pursuit while the two evildoers watch on.
Chapter 1 "Escape"
Several hours later, Sonic and Ray are hiding from police behind some old trash cans and piles of newspaper. Ray finds an interesting headline that reads "Sonic the Hedgehog's Deadliest Feat". Sonic reads and this is what was in that article.
- Suibom-Xian Chronicle (March 18th, 3420)
- "Sonic the Hedgehog's Deadliest Feat"
- Worldwide superstar Sonic the Hedgehog faced almost certain death after a Chaos Emerald experimentation at Suibom U went horribly wrong. Scientists in the labratory say that the radiation caused Sonic to change. "You see, the radiation from a Chaos Emerald has both positive and negative effects. The negative effects had supposedly been drained out by our machine, but it ended up being the positive effects that vanished." says scientist Nackel Snip. Now the blue blur goes by the name 'Ashura' , and has become a mixture of both dark green and black colors. The hedgehog's whereabouts are unknown, but some readers state that they saw Ashura head for Wechina's lair.
- Written by Tiara Boobowski, professional writer.
Sonic then realizes that he's the reason they were seen on SXNN; they've mistaken him for someone else...again (geez, how stupid are these people?). Suddenly, Ashura and Wechina swoop in on the heroes, battle ready with a Battlenik army. Sonic and Ray defeat the Battleniks, one which drops the Red Chaos Emerald. The blue hedgehog picks it up and injures Wechina severly. This reveals that Wechina is part robot as a result of some sort of accident.
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic is the true blue hero of Mobius who never backs down from a fight. He was taken to Suibom-X by a black hole that appeared in his bedroom one day, and has been trying to fight his way out. Sonic can use his standard Spin Dash, Homing Attack, and Boost, but he is the only character in-game that can use the Chaos Emeralds to their full extent.
- Ray the Flying Squirrel - Former sidekick of Sonic, Ray had been sent to Suibom-X after he was rejected by SEGA's ideas. Ray became the king of Suibom, and was restoring it to it's former beauty until Ashura attacked. He was dethroned by Wechina and has been working with Sonic since. Ray can wack enemies with his tail, glide to certain areas, and even climb up walls.