Sonic Adventure 3 (Master ventus) is an action, adventure platformer developed by Sega and Sonic Team in the year 2015.
The game is a sequel to Sonic Adventure 2, despite being a sequel the game chronologically takes place after the events of Sonic Lost World. The game was released in Late Fall of 2015, on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Wii U.
The game is put into five different stories: Sonic's story, Shadow's story, Blaze's story, Chaotix Story and the final story Metal Sonic's story. Sonic's story is the first you are able to play once you start the game, after finishing Sonic's story you will soon unlock Shadow, Blaze and the Chaotix story, after finishing all four stories you will unlock the final story for Metal Sonic.
Each story contains about three to five playable character, Sonic's story includes Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Cream, Shadow's story includes Rouge, Omega and Dr. Eggman, Blaze's Story includes Marine and Silver, and the Chaotix story includes Espio, Charmy and Vector.
During the story each character will have their own play style similar to the previous Sonic Adventures games. There are High Speed Stages, which revolve around making it to the Goal Ring, these levels are played as with Sonic, Shadow, Blaze and Metal Sonic.
There are also Time Limit Stages, where they are similar to High Speed Stages except you have limited time to make it to the Goal Ring before the stage you are playing explodes and you can freeze time by defeating enemies.
The next type of levels are Beat 'em up Stages, where you traveling across an open world like, stage and search for a certain amount of enemies to defeat, Knuckles, Omega, Vector and Neo Metal Sonic have these type of levels.
The next type of Puzzle Solving stages, similar to Amy's levels in Sonic Adventure except without Zero or any other enemy chasing after you the whole time, Amy, Espio, Dr. Eggman and Silver have these type of levels.
The final type of levels are Item Hunting levels that are much like Knuckles levels in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, Cream, Rouge, Charmy and Marine have these type of levels.
Spoiler warning: Plot, ending details or any kind of information follow.
Taking place after the events of Sonic Lost World, Sonic returns to South Island after not hearing from Dr. Eggman for three months. One day Sonic is resting underneath a palm tree relaxing, when he see's the Egg Carrier pass by, which Sonic assumes that Eggman is back and up to no good again, so he follows to Egg Carrier. But the Egg Carrier speeds up and Sonic isn't able to keep up, which confuses him because he's usually the one that out runs others. He tracks down the Egg Carrier, when he ends up in a city known as Town's Burgh, thus his adventure to once again stop Dr. Eggman begins. As Sonic goes through a Swamp Forrest, he reunites with Tails. Tails tells him that he had a feeling that he would find Sonic somewhere in the forest of Town's Burgh, he tells Sonic that while he was working on his biplane the Tornado 2 he noticed the Egg Carrier fly by and that Tails tried to catch up with it but it was too fast and he got lost in Town's Burgh just like Sonic did. After progressing through a few levels, the Egg Carrier will show up in Town's Burgh and Orbot will come to steal one of the Chaos Emeralds, but Sonic, still assuming that's Eggman in the Egg Carrier, strikes Orbot in the head, and he drops the Chaos Emerald. Sonic then takes it, as Orbot retreats, and Tails comes to assume that Dr. Eggman must be stealing all of the Chaos Emeralds and using them for something so Sonic and Tails set out to find all the Chaos Emeralds. Tails tells Sonic the two were lucky to find a Chaos Emerald in Town's Burgh, and that they should head to Angel Island to find Knuckles because if anyone know's where the Emeralds are it's him.
As the two head to the Town's Burgh beach and take a raft to Angel Island because Tails mentions that the Tornado 2 is getting some work done after trying to keep up with the Egg Carrier. Once arriving in Angel Island they reunite with Knuckles, and explain to him what's going on. Knuckles fears that Dr. Eggman will go after the Master Emerald next, so he tells Sonic and Tails he'll need their help to protect the Master Emerald and take it to the Hidden Palace. Afterwards Sonic finds another Chaos Emerald hidden in Icecap, before moving on the find the other five emeralds, he is stopped by Silver the Hedgehog who notices a Chaos Emerald in Sonic's hand mistaking it for a Sol Emerald, Silver than tells Sonic he'll have to return this or battle him instead, and Sonic refuses to hand it over to Silver, thinking that Silver is a lackey of Dr. Eggman trying to fool Sonic. After the two battle, Knuckles and Tails run over to help Sonic out only for to have the three send to the ocean with Silver's Psychokinesis.
The three later wash up on Mystic Ruins, and Sonic realizes that he still has one of the Chaos Emeralds and Silver must have taken the other one. The three search around the Mystic Ruins in hope to find another Chaos Emerald, when Team Sonic runs into the Chaotix. Tails asks the group if they had seen a Chaos Emerald or a white hedgehog around, to which Vector tells Tails that he did see one who recently ambushed him after Vector had found a Chaos Emerald, and that the white hedgehog was last seen in Sand Hill. After clearing the stage, head to the Mystic Ruins train. Amy walks out of the train surprised to see Sonic, thinking that fate must have brought them together. Sonic asks Amy what she is doing in the Mystic Ruins and Amy tells him that she is helping Blaze and Marine find the Sol Emeralds and decided to check for Sol Emeralds at the Mystic Ruins first. Sonic and Tails are surprised to find out the Sol Emeralds have been stolen again, but Knuckles reminds the two that this is Blaze's problem and they need to focus on finding the Chaos Emeralds and the white hedgehog, so Sonic, Tails and Knuckles rush off but Amy follows them, wanting to find the Chaos Emeralds as well.
After clearing Night Highway, Sonic finds the Egg Carrier once again in the sky. Sonic says to himself this time he will stop Dr. Eggman. He calls for Tails, who flies him into the Egg Carrier. While the two search inside, Sonic finds Metal Sonic the actual person controlling the Egg Carrier which Metal Sonic tells to him is now called the Metal Carrier. Metal Sonic tells Sonic that he knows he is holding a Chaos Emerald found after attacking Orbot, and that it won't be long before the Chaos Emerald is his again and in case of the Chaos Emerald being hidden he has recently had some of his Badniks search through the Mystic Ruins to find the Chaos Emerald. After a boss battle between Sonic and Metal Sonic, he presses the eject button on the Egg Carrier sending Sonic and Tails falling, but Tails uses his tails to fly them back to lower ground before falling, meanwhile at Cream the Rabbit's house she is picking some flowers in the garden as her mother Vanilla waters plants, Cream ends up picking some really beautiful flowers that she thinks that Tails will really like, so along with Cheese she heads out to the Mystic Ruins to give them to Tails.
Back in Town's Burgh, Tails is worried that his workshop is probably being destroyed by now so Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy head back to the Mystic Ruins. During the train ride to the Mystic Ruins, Cream knocks on the door to Tails's Workshop to give him the flowers, but instead of Tails opening the door one of Metal Sonic's Badniks open the door instead and capture Cream. Sonic and his friends arrive in Mystic Ruins, hearing Cream screaming for help, Sonic recognizes the voice and heads to Tails's Workshop to bust the door down but fails. Back inside the workshop, Cream is trapped inside a cage and asks Cheese if he could try and open the cage from the inside which Cheese does, after they break out they reunite with Sonic and his friends. Sonic tells Cream that she did a good taking out the Badniks, as Tails looks at his broken workshop he begins to get upset but Sonic, Amy and Knuckles all tell Tails that once Metal Sonic is defeated they will all take part in helping fix Tails's destroyed workshop.
Despite the workshop being destroyed, Tails was able to find his Emerald Radar that remains un-touched. The Emerald Radar tells him that the white hedgehog who attacked Sonic, Tails and Knuckles just passed by the underwater city of Atlantis. Tails says that they be able to find it using the submarine located in Town's Burgh docks, Cream asks Tails if she could come along with them but Tails isn't sure if it would be safe for Cream, but Knuckles thinks it would be a good idea because he's noticed that the Chao that was with Charmy was able to find Chaos Emeralds, and maybe Cheese could do the same. And they head off to Atlantis, while Sonic tells them to make this quick because of his fear of water.
After clearing the Lost Labyrinth, Sonic will once again run into the white hedgehog who introduces himself as Silver. Sonic tells Silver to hand over the other Chaos Emerald right now. But Silver refuses to hand over the "Sol Emeralds" because Blaze needs the Sol Emeralds to save her world, which confuses Sonic but he ignores what Silver just said and the two fight each other. Afterwards Blaze breaks up the fight between Sonic and Silver, she tells Silver that Sonic is after the Chaos Emeralds and not the Sol Emeralds and shows Silver the difference, Sonic begins to laugh hysterically because Silver couldn't tell the difference between Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds, but then stops laughing afterwards, Silver apologizes for thinking Sonic was a thief and returns the Chaos Emerald, but Sonic easily forgives Silver and tells him if he's ever in the neighborhood look up Sonic the Hedgehog and rushes off.
After leaving Atlantis, Sonic still doesn't know where the other five Chaos Emeralds are. And hears a familiar voice telling him that she has the other two, the familiar voice turns out to be Rouge the Bat who is with Shadow, Omega and Eggman. An angry Knuckles, runs over to Rouge thinking that they stole the Chaos Emeralds from them, but Dr. Eggman tells Knuckles that they were trying to get the Chaos Emeralds before Metal Sonic does. Sonic asks Eggman what he's talking about, and Shadow tell Sonic that Metal Sonic is trying to gather to Chaos Emeralds so he can take over the world and that they were only able to gather two Chaos Emeralds just like Sonic and his friends. The two put their Chaos Emeralds together making four and give them to Tails for safe keeping, Knuckles walks over and tells them that the last two Chaos Emeralds must be around somewhere, Sonic assumes that Metal Sonic took the last two but doesn't know where he could be right now. But the Chaos Emeralds Tails is holding rises into the air and points towards a new city known as Metal Metropolis which must have been created back when Sonic and his friends where in Atlantis. Team Sonic and Team Dark head to Metal Metropolis but once again go their separate ways to find them.
After finishing the other two stages, Tails spots his Tornado 2 which was taken by Metal Sonic. Tails jumps inside the Tornado 2 because the thinks Metal Sonic must be in the Metal Carrier, and he tells Sonic to jump inside the back seat to go with him but instead he jumps on the wing of the Tornado 2. After landing the plane in the Metal Carrier, Sonic runs into Metal Sonic and Sonic battles him in order to get the last two Chaos Emeralds back.
After the final boss for Sonic. Metal Sonic is defeated but is revealed just to be a fake Metal Sonic used to fool Sonic into handing him over the other two Chaos Emeralds, the fake Metal Sonic than steals both Chaos Emeralds Sonic has and tells him the real Metal Sonic is in a different Egg Carrier right now and that he is transporting the Chaos Emeralds to him right now, and the fake Metal Carrier begins to self-destruct with Sonic still inside.
Back in Town's Burgh, Knuckles, Amy and Cream are watching as they see the fake Egg Carrier explode into pieces. The three are surprised and think Sonic blew up, but Tails and Sonic (both riding in the Tornado 2) ride out of the fake Metal Carrier before it blows up, ending Sonic's story.
The story takes place directly after Sonic Lost World. Dr. Eggman is searching in one of his bases in hope to find something that will grow the other half of his mustache back when he finds his Egg Carrier land which confuses him. As he searches inside he finds that Metal Sonic has been controlling it ever since Dr. Eggman's absent while he was at the Lost Hex. Metal Sonic plans on using the Egg Carrier to search all across the world to find the Chaos Emeralds, Super Emeralds and Sol Emeralds with 21 emeralds Metal Sonic will be able to transform into a Super Form ten times stronger than Super Sonic and finally take over the world. To make sure he actually takes over the world this time, he locks Dr. Eggman up in the Egg Carrier prison and re-programs Orbot and Cubot to be his evil minions who only take orders rom Metal Sonic. Eggman escapes the Egg Carrier seeking help to defeat Metal Sonic, not knowing where Sonic is Eggman turns to the next best thing, Shadow the Hedgehog.
Three months later after finding out where Shadow could be, Eggman heads to Central City where Shadow is along with Rouge, Eggman tells that what Metal Sonic is up to and Shadow accepts the offer because Metal Sonic already tried to take over the world once and doesn't want it to happen again. As you progress through Central City, you will later run into E-123 Omega ally of Shadow and Rouge and new member of G.U.N, Omega is surprised to see Shadow and Rouge with Dr. Eggman and without saying anything gets his weapons ready to destroy him but Rouge stops him and tells Omega that they have all called a truce now until Metal Sonic is defeated, but Omega doesn't care and goes to defeat Eggman but Shadow reminds him that his greatest purpose in life is to destroy Eggman and all of his creations, and Metal Sonic is a creation of Eggman. Omega finally decides to call it truce between Eggman, but tells him as soon as Metal Sonic is beaten he will go back to trying to destroy Eggman.
After progressing through a few more levels, you will by now have already collected about two of the Chaos Emeralds. Later while walking through Town’s Burgh Team Dark and Dr. Eggman notice the Egg Carrier flying by. Which surprises Eggman knowing that Metal Sonic is in the Egg Carrier, Shadow tells Rouge that they need to come up with a plan to quickly infiltrate the Metal Carrier before it takes off. So Rouge quickly calls G.U.N so she can borrow a helicopter to chase down the Metal Carrier.
After Shadow and Rouge infiltrate the Metal Carrier they run into Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic tells Shadow and Rouge that he was expecting them after finding out that his prisoner (Dr. Eggman) had escaped the Egg Carrier three months ago. Metal Sonic tells the two that he is planning on taking all seven Super Emeralds to use them for his ultimate weapon to take over the world. Rouge quickly asks Shadow what they should do about Metal Sonic, Shadow hates to admit it but tells Rouge they are gonna have to retreat because Metal Sonic is too strong for them right now. Rouge flies Shadow out of the Metal Carrier, and re-groups with Omega and Eggman.
After attempting to once again track down Metal Sonic. Team Dark and Eggman run into Sonic and his friends after finding out that Sonic has been searching for the seven Chaos Emeralds, and they give their two Emeralds to Tails for safe keeping. Sonic assumes that Metal Sonic took the last two but doesn't know where he could be right now. But the Chaos Emeralds Tails is holding rises into the air and points towards a new city known as Metal Metropolis which must have been created back when Sonic and his friends where in Atlantis. Team Sonic and Team Dark head to Metal Metropolis but once again go their separate ways to find them.
After traveling through Metal Metropolis, Team Dark and Dr. Eggman all run into Neo Metal Sonic. Dr. Eggman is shocked to find out that Metal Sonic has already transformed and that it's only a matter of time before he becomes Metal Overload. Neo Metal Sonic tells him that he can easily transform into Metal Overload if Shadow attacks him, allowing Neo Metal Sonic to copy data of Shadow and the Biolizard making him more powerful.
Rouge tells Shadow that he'd be better off to back down now or else they will be in trouble. But Shadow tells Rouge that he's not afraid, but first he'd like to know what Neo Metal Sonic plans on doing. He tells Shadow that after the events of Sonic Heroes, Shadow and Omega disabled his ability to transform, but if gathering all seven Chaos Emeralds, Sol Emeralds and Super Emeralds he can make it possible.
After the four battle Neo Metal Sonic, he had finally copied the data of Shadow and the Biolizard, saying that he is now able to take over the world. He then calls upon the Metal Carrier and then takes off, ending the story with Shadow apologizing to Rouge something he wouldn't do to just anyone, and takes off to chase after the Metal Carrier.
The story starts out in the Sol Dimension, Blaze is guarding the Sol Emeralds, while he close friend Marine the Raccoon is polishing up the SS Super-Marine.
In the blink of an eye, all seven of the Sol Emeralds go missing. Causing Blaze and Marine to go search for the Sol Emeralds on the SS Super-Marine thinking they couldn't have gotten too far. But the SS Super Marine begins to break apart as a whirlpool comes and sucks the two into it, causing them to end up in Towns Burgh. And Blaze goes to look for the seven Sol Emeralds as Marine goes to look for parts of the SS Super Marine to restore it back. Meanwhile Silver (who's story has been retconned for the series) is searching through different dimensions, when he suddenly notices that the Sol Emeralds have all gone missing as well as the princess. So he tracks down where the Sol Emeralds have gone to find out where they are, which leads him to Town's Burgh an area where the Sol Emeralds recently were, he notices the Metal Carrier flying by and follows it.
Once he gets into the sky, he finds Metal Sonic who is holding a Super Emerald in his hand while Silver thinks it's a Sol Emerald. He tries to attack Metal Sonic, but ends up falling out of the Metal Carrier he then promises he will not rest until the Sol Emeralds are returned. So he travels from the Sol Dimension to Sonic’s Dimension while traveling through Hidden Ground, Silver finds a Chaos Emerald which he thinks is a Sol Emerald that must have found it’s way to this dimension. So he takes it with him, but the “Sol Emerald” begins floating in the air and flies outside of the arcade, Silver follows it into the beach when he lands on a raft, Silver takes the raft and ends up in Angel Island.
He comes to assume that the “Sol Emeralds” must sense energy from each other and that’s why the “Sol Emerald” floating to Angel Island. After progressing, Silver makes his way to Icecap when he runs into Sonic the Hedgehog who notices a Chaos Emerald in Sonic’s hand mistaking it for a Sol Emerald he assumes that Sonic is the robot he met in the Metal Carrier. Silver orders Sonic to hand over the Sol Emerald or he will have to fight him. After the two battle each other, he sends Sonic, Knuckles and Tails down to the ocean with his Psychokinesis, afterwards Silver thinks that more Sol Emeralds are hidden in Angel Island and takes off to Launch Base.
Returning to Blaze and Marine’s part of the story. Blaze is in Windy Valley, when she runs into Amy Rose. Blaze tells Amy that something really fast had taken the Sol Emeralds, Amy thinks for a minute and thinks that it may be Sonic who stole the Sol Emeralds but says to herself that Sonic wouldn’t do something like that. Amy heads back to the Mystic Ruins after agreeing to help Blaze find the Sol Emeralds. Though Blaze doesn’t see Amy again afterwards, after clearing the Sand Hill stage you will run into Cubot who is holding two Sol Emeralds in his hands that he was going to give to Metal Sonic. Blaze attempts to attack Cubot, but fails after the modifications Metal Sonic gave him but Silver steps in and defeats Cubot as he drops both of the Sol Emeralds.
Afterwards Silver and Blaze introduce each other and realize they both have the same goals: finding the Sol Emeralds to return save the Sol Dimension. So they work together in order to find all of the Sol Emeralds. After progressing and finding two more Sol Emeralds, Marine, Blaze and Silver are in Atlantis when Silver once again runs into Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic tells Silver to hand over the Chaos Emerald he stole back at Icecap, but Silver refuses and the two battle each other. Blaze finds Silver, and interrupts the fight explaining the difference between a Chaos Emerald and a Sol Emerald. Silver then returns the Chaos Emerald to Sonic and rushes off. After clearing all the Atlantis stages, Silver and Blaze finally get all Seven Sol Emeralds and Marine finally finds the last broken piece of the S.S Super Marine, and gathers the rest of the broken pieces to restore it together.
Blaze and Marine return back to the Sol Kingdom and everything returns back to normal. But Blaze notices the Sol Emeralds are very weak and seem to not have any of it's power. Blaze suspects that some of the energy must have been stolen while the Sol Emeralds were in Sonic's Universe, and Blaze and Marine head out to find Silver.
After clearing two stages in the Sol Dimension. Blaze and Marine return to Sonic's Universe, and arrive in Town's Burgh they notice that a new city known as "Metal Metropolis". They run into Silver and Marine asks Silver if he knows what happened to the Sol Emeralds, Silver says he doesn't but does know that a person that looks like Sonic was holding an emerald in his hand and maybe he was gathering all the emeralds, the three then head out to Metal Metropolis to search for this Sonic Duplicate.
After heading further into the city, the three find the Metal Carrier flying by. But they aren't sure how to make it to the Metal Carrier on foot, until Silver uses his Psychokinesis to make the S.S Super Marine levitate into the air, giving Blaze and Marine a ride in the sky while Silver stays on lower ground. After clearing the Metal Carrier stage, Blaze will encounter Evil Orbot after defeating the boss the story will end.
It's a slow day in the Chaotix Detective Agency. Vector is waiting at his desk in hope that he will get a phone call and more money. But Charmy busts into the Detective Agency holding a Chao in his hands, he rushes over to the front desk and begins to annoy Vector by asking him if they can keep the Chao as a pet. Espio notices that when Charmy busted through the door, he dropped a piece of paper, Espio grabs the paper and begins to read it, but Vector snatches it out of Espio's hand and reads through it himself. The paper reads that this Chao is the youngest out of 99 of it's brothers and sisters, and that they were all kidnapped and if all 99 Chao's are found and returned to the Mystic Ruins the "hero" will receive a huge reward. Vector grabs Charmy's arm and the two rush out of the Detective Agency, while Espio says to himself that this can't be good, he then follows his teammates and the Chao follows the three.
The Team will start out at the Mystic Ruins in hope to find the Chao in which Charmy named "Chao-tix"'s 99 older brothers and sisters. After clearing Sand Hill, Vector will find a Chaos Emerald hidden under a rock when he picks it up he is soon to be attacked by Silver the Hedgehog who asks Vector to hand over the Sol Emerald. But instead Vector refuses to hand the Chaos Emerald to "Sonic" because of finders keepers. Silver attacks Vector and steals the Emerald anyway so Vector heads back to the Mystic Ruins.
After returning, the three run into Sonic and his friends Tails and Knuckles. Tails asks the three if they had seen any Chaos Emeralds or a white hedgehog pass by, and Vector responds telling him that he was just ambushed by him. And the three take off to find more Chao's, after progressing Charmy will discover a place known as the Chao Garden hidden in Mystic Ruins, a place where he can put Chao-tix's brothers and sisters until all 99 are together again.
After clearing Tropical Beach, Charmy and Vector finally catch up to Espio who had found another Chaos Emerald. But they run into Neo Metal Sonic who tells the three to hand over the Chaos Emerald they had just found. But Espio refuses to hand it over, he tosses it to Charmy and tells him to fly away. But Charmy isn't able to catch it, and Neo Metal Sonic catches it instead he then harnesses the energy draining all of the life and color out of the Chaos Emerald and then throws it on the ground not needing it anymore. But not before Team Chaotix quickly follows Metal Sonic to Egg Metropolis.
Upon arriving in Metal Destruction, Charmy notices he only has to find 88 more Chao's until he finds all 99 of Chao-tix's family. After clearing the stage, Charmy finally finds all 99 Chao's, Vector gets excited and hurry's to claim their reward. But many of Metal Sonic's Badnik's appear to attack the three, Espio tells Charmy to hurry and run to the Mystic Ruins to reunite the Chao's.
After heading to the Mystic Ruins, Charmy runs into Neo Metal Sonic again. He explains to Charmy that he has found the Chao Garden he's kept the Chao's in and that he's going to copy their data so he can have to powers of Perfect Chaos. He rushes off to the Chao Garden, and Charmy and Chao-tix rush to stop him. After clearing Aquatic Canyon, Charmy fails in doing so and Neo Metal Sonic copies the data of Perfect Chaos he then takes off back to Metal Metropolis.
Metal Sonic Story
Major Spoiler warning: The following contains major spoilers compared to the previous.
The story takes place during the events of Sonic Lost World. Metal Sonic has had it with his defeats of taking over the world along with his creator Dr. Eggman, and realizes that he would have taken over the world a long time ago if it wasn't for Eggman thus coming up with a plan to take over the world not even Sonic could stop. His plan is: Gather all the Seven Chaos Emeralds making him Super Metal Sonic, then gathering all Seven Sol Emeralds making him Burning Super Metal Sonic and then gathering the Super Emeralds making him a form known as H.Y.P.E.R. While Sonic, Tails and Eggman are at the Lost Hex, Metal Sonic is retrieving parts of the Egg Carrier in which he renames the Metal Carrier, since Metal Sonic is just as fast as Sonic and maybe even a little faster he upgraded it to be the fastest thing alive and also warp to different places in the universe. First he uses the Metal Carrier to quickly warp to the Sol Dimension and take the Sol Emeralds without anyone noticing.
Afterwards, Metal Sonic does some reconnaissance and finds out that Sonic, Tails and Dr. Eggman have taken off to a place known as The Lost Hex, and that Knuckles and Amy are watching over Sonic and Tails. Meaning that Knuckles is not on Angel Island at the moment, so he heads off to Angel Island to find the Super Emeralds and Chaos Emeralds. Metal Sonic finds two Super Emeralds and three Chaos Emeralds but he knows that Sonic could easily harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds once he returns to Earth, so he absorbs all of it's energy and throws them all in the ocean.
Afterwards he heads to Icecap so he can store a Chaos Emerald there in hope that Sonic and his friends will find it sometime. But it comes to his attention that he won't be able to find the Chaos Emeralds on his own, so he uses the Metal Carrier and takes off to one of Dr. Eggman's secret bases and lands it there, he explains Dr. Eggman his plan on taking over the world and prisons him, he also re-programs Orbot and Cubot to be his evil minions who only take orders rom Metal Sonic, his first order for the two is to find him Chaos Emeralds while he searches for Super Emeralds.
Three months later, Metal Sonic notices that Dr. Eggman had recently escaped his jail cell in the Metal Carrier and heads off to find him. Metal Sonic notices a G.U.N Helicopter pass by knowing that Shadow and his friends are in there, he takes it as a perfect opportunity to copy the data of the Biolizard as well as Shadow.
After collecting all seven Super Emeralds, Metal Sonic transforms into Neo Metal Sonic. As he enters Casino Amusement, many G.U.N soldiers come to attack him in all parts of Town's Burgh forcing Metal Sonic to attack them all one by one. To make it out of the city, after finding out that Team Sonic, Team Dark with Dr. Eggman and Team Blaze are all planning on attacking him in the Metal Carrier he destroys the city before they can get to him which fails.
He soon runs into Team Dark and Dr. Eggman. Dr. Eggman is shocked to find out that Metal Sonic has already transformed and that it's only a matter of time before he becomes Metal Overload. Neo Metal Sonic tells him that he can easily transform into Metal Overload if Shadow attacks him, allowing Neo Metal Sonic to copy data of Shadow and the Biolizard making him more powerful.
Rouge tells Shadow that he'd be better off to back down now or else they will be in trouble. But Shadow tells Rouge that he's not afraid, but first he'd like to know what Neo Metal Sonic plans on doing. He tells Shadow that after the events of Sonic Heroes, Shadow and Omega disabled his ability to transform, but if gathering all seven Chaos Emeralds, Sol Emeralds and Super Emeralds he can make it possible.
After the four battle Neo Metal Sonic, he had finally copied the data of Shadow and the Biolizard, saying that he is now able to take over the world. He then calls upon the Metal Carrier and then takes off to Angel Island to harness the energy from the Master Emerald.
Taking place directly after Metal Sonic's ending. Shadow heads further into Town's Burgh as he chases after the Metal Carrier, after clearing the Rooftop City stage. Shadow will deliver his final attack on the Metal Carrier, but it then takes off to Angel Island. He says to himself that Dr. Eggman must have something that can take them to Angel Island quickly before Neo Metal Sonic gets away and heads back.
Meanwhile in the Mystic Ruins, Espio and Vector quickly rush so they can find Charmy. Vector asks Charmy if he was able to save the Chao's, but Charmy tells him that he was too late and Neo Metal Sonic copied all the energy of the Chao's and headed off somewhere, Espio tells the two that perhaps Sonic knows where Neo Metal Sonic headed off to and they return to Town's Burgh.
Team Sonic, Team Dark with Dr. Eggman, Team Blaze and The Chaotix all run into each other. They all realize that they have the same goal of trying to defeat Metal Sonic before he takes over the world and that they should all team up to defeat him.
Before heading off to Angel Island, Neo Metal Sonic appears on the clock tower of Town's Burgh telling all the people from the the town to bow down to him as the ruler of the world. He then shouts Chaos Control so everyone in the world will be hypnotized to be his evil minions, but Dr. Eggman quickly uses the Egg Walker to shield all of Sonic and his friends so they aren't hypnotized. But this also causes Sonic and all of his friends to scatter all across different parts of Angel Island.
Dr. Eggman communicates to everyone telling them to hurry up and make it out of the area of the island they are in as the island is soon to be destroyed be Neo Metal Sonic any they won't be able to stop him at all. Charmy, Rouge, Cream and Marine are located in different parts of Angel Island and need to find a switch or key to quickly escape, afterwards Neo Metal Sonic notices that Sonic and his friends have arrived so he commands Orbot and Cubot to fight them off, but they are defeated by Knuckles and Vector, while Omega defeats 70 Metal Sonic robots.
After clearing the puzzle solving stages, Tails is wandering around in Angel Island searching for his scattered friends when he finds Neo Metal Sonic holding the Master Emerald, making Tails chase after him. Afterwards Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Blaze all find Tails along with the Neo Metal Sonic. Neo Metal Sonic absorbs the power of the Master Emerald, as it drops he transforms into Metal Overload and his H.Y.P.E.R form, a surprised Tails tells them that it's too late now and Metal Sonic had won this battle.
But Sonic who is not ready to give up charges and hits Metal Overload in the weak point, but Metal Overload laughs telling Sonic that didn't hurt at all. But Sonic tells him that he wasn't aiming to hurt Metal Overload, he was just taking some of his energy so he can transform into Super Sonic. Super Sonic rises into the air holding a red aura, he shoots the red aura at Blaze turning her into Burning Blaze then he turns Shadow and Silver into Super Shadow and Super Silver, and the four all work together to defeat Metal Overload as Tails and friends cheer them on.
After the defeat, Metal Overload transforms back into Metal Sonic and the power of the Chaos Emeralds, Sol Emeralds and Super Emeralds all return as well as the Master Emerald. Metal Sonic then falls down to Icecap and freezes in a block of ice, afterwards the world returns back to normal as if Metal Sonic never took over it, the four then transform back into their normal selves and Blaze finally collects the Sol Emeralds, Sonic and Tails then run to the Mystic Ruins keeping the promise of fixing his workshop.
The next day, a celebration party is thrown because of all of everyone's hard work (everyone celebrates except Shadow and Omega who only watch). During the party, Sonic, Charmy and Vector all enjoys some Chili Dogs as Tails fixes up Orbot and Cubot to return them back to normal.
Once they are returned to normal, Orbot has a look of despair because now that everything is back to normal, he has to work for Dr. Eggman again instead of a "real villain" like Metal Sonic. Afterwards the Chaotix realize that they never got their reward for reuniting all the Chao's, so Chao-tix makes it up to them by joining Team Chaotix because he wants to be a detective as well, and the four run off to find a new client. Suddenly Omega realizes that Metal Sonic is now defeated which means he can go back to hating Eggman, he gets his weapons ready and chases after Dr. Eggman who runs away. As Silver transports Blaze and Marine back to the Sol Dimension, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles gather and run off for another adventure.
Similar to previous Sonic Adventure games. The gameplay is put into five different stories, consisting of three to six characters in each. The characters are able to be played as once they are encountered in the story, each character has a different type of stages which usually specialize in their ability. Their are High Speed Stages, Time Limit Stages, Beam e'm up Stages, Puzzle Solving Stages and Item Hunting Stages. For unknown reasons, most of the characters are in their Sonic Riders attire.
Metal Sonic Story
Just like in Sonic Adventure and Sonic 06, the game has hub-worlds which are able to take you to a stage. Unlike Sonic Adventure to make it to a stage you do not have to solve a short puzzle, instead the character reaches the stage by using their ability. (example: If a stage your heading to is located on higher ground, only Tails or another character that can fly will be able to access the stage)
- Towns Burgh: Where the game takes place for the most part. Many of the city and beach stages will be located here, and the arcade would be as well.
- Angel Island: Home to Knuckles the Echidna. Many stages from either Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic and Knuckles appear in this area. To get to Angel Island, head to the beach area in Towns Burgh and jump on the wooden raft.
- Central City: Returning from Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog. Many of the other city and highway levels are located in Central City. While it is where you start out in Shadow's story, to get to Central City head to the Town's Burgh airport and get on the airplane.
- Sol Dimension: Returning from the Sonic Rush series. Home to Blaze, Marine and possibly Silver. Taking place in Southern Island and also The Sol Kingdom. It can be visited by going to the Arcade in Towns Burgh, and standing on the hidden red button, once the button is activated a set of stairs will open, walk down the stairs and a portal to the Sol Dimension will be there simply just jump inside.
- Atlantis: The officially discovered underwater city. This hub includes most of the games water stages. To get to Atlantis, head to the Towns Burgh docks and jump inside the submarine.
- Mystic Ruins: Returning from Sonic Adventure. The Mystic Ruins appears to have more areas since it's last appearance.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis)
Similar to the previous Sonic Adventure game, this game has Multi-player. Unlike the previous game, this game allows four players. The stages all are split screen just like Sonic Adventure 2 multi-player, they all also are set into different abilities the characters have such as:
- High Speed Race - The player who makes it to the Goal Ring wins. (playable with Sonic, Shadow, Blaze and Metal Sonic)
- Time Limit Race - The player is attached to a bomb, first person to make it to the Goal Ring without exploding wins. (playable with Tails, Marine, Tails Doll and Metal Sonic)
- Beat 'em up Battle - The player who defeats 19 Badniks first wins. (playable with Knuckles, Omega, Vector, Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles wins)
- Item Hunting Stage - The player who finds two hidden silver rings wins. (Cream, Rouge, Charmy, Marine and Metal Sonic)
- Green Hill - High Speed Stage
- Tropic Island - High Speed Stage
- Frozen Factory - High Speed Stage
- Volcanic Tunnel - High Speed Stage
- Emerald Hill - Time Limit Race
- Casino Amusement - Time Limit Race
- Rooftop City - Time Limit Race
- Sky Sanctuary - Time Limit Race
Sonic's Story Levels
- Tropical Beach - Sonic the Hedgehog - Located in Town's Burgh Beach
- Swamp Forrest - Sonic the Hedgehog - Located in Town's Burgh Jungle - (Tails is later unlocked)
- Casino Amusement - Miles "Tails" Prower - Located in Town's Burgh
- Blizzard Factory - Sonic the Hedgehog - Head to Town's Burgh's beach, there is a building frozen in a block of ice.
- Sky Sanctuary - Miles "Tails" Prower - Located in Angel Island - After defeating the Evil Orbot boss, a wooden raft will appear in Town Burgh Beach.
- Hidden Palace - Knuckles the Echidna - Located in Angel Island - (Knuckles is later unlocked)
- Icecap - Sonic the Hedgehog - Located in Angel Island
- Sand Hill - Knuckles the Echidna - Located in Mystic Ruins - (after clearing stage, head to the Mystic Ruins train. And Amy will be unlocked)
- Desert Station - Amy Rose - Located in Mystic Ruins
- Volcanic Tunnel - Sonic the Hedgehog - Located in Mystic Ruins
- Pumpkin Cave - Knuckles the Echidna - Located in Town's Burgh's Jungle, head to the mystery cave.
- Rooftop City - Tails - Located in Town's Burgh's hotel elevator.
- Night Highway - Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh's hotel elevator, highest floor.
- Tails Hidden Workshop - (after Metal Sonic's Badniks destroyed it in search for Emeralds) - Cream the Rabbit - Located in Mystic Ruins - (Cream is unlocked after)
- Hidden Ground - Amy Rose - Located in Town's Burgh's arcade, in the hidden stairs (after clearing stage Sol Dimension portal is unlocked)
- Underwater Temple - Knuckles - Located in Atlantis
- Lost Labyrinth - Sonic - Located in Atlantis
- Metal Construction - Cream - Located in Metal Metropolis
- Metal Destruction - Amy - Located in Metal Metropolis
- Sky Chase - Sonic & Tails - Located in the Sky
- Metal Carrier - Sonic - Located in Metal Carrier
- Final Boss: Metal Sonic Pawn
Shadow's Story Stages
Metal Carrier Prison - Dr. Eggman - Located in Metal Carrier
Dark Highway - Shadow the Hedgehog - Located in Central City
Battle Street - Shadow the Hedgehog - Located in Central City
Secret Fortress – Rouge the Bat – Located in Central City
Hidden Bridge – Dr. Eggman – Located in Central City (Omega is later unlocked)
Ocean City – Rouge the Bat – Located in Atlantis
- Underwater Temple – E-123 Omega – Located in Atlantis
- Hidden Ground – Shadow the Hedgehog – Located in Town’s Burgh arcade
- Swamp Forrest – E-123 Omega – Located in Town’s Burgh Jungle
- Haunted Crater – Dr. Eggman – Located in Town’s Burgh’s head to the mystery cave, and jump inside the lava crater
- Casino Amusement – Rouge the Bat – Located in Town’s Burgh
- Sky Chase – Shadow and Rouge – Located in Sky (Rouge riding in G.U.N Helicopter)
- Metal Carrier – Shadow the Hedgehog – Located in Metal Carrier
- Metal Deck – Rouge the Bat – Located in Metal Carrier
- Aquatic Canyon – E-123 Omega – Located in Mystic Ruins
- Lost Ruins – Dr. Eggman – Located in Mystic Ruins
- Sand Cave – Shadow the Hedgehog – Located in Mystic Ruins
- Speed Highway – Shadow the Hedgehog – Located in Station Square
- Tropical Beach – Rouge the Bat – Located in Town’s Burgh
- Rooftop City – E-123 Omega – Located in Town’s Burgh
- Metal Construction – Dr. Eggman – Located in Metal Metropolis
- Metal Destruction – Shadow the Hedgehog – Located in Metal Metropolis
- Final Boss: Metal Sonic
Blaze's Story Levels
- Rooftop City – Blaze the Cat – Located in Town’s Burgh
- Speed Station – Blaze the Cat – Located in Town’s Burgh
- Swamp Forrest – Marine the Raccoon – Located in Town’s Burgh Jungle
- Ancient Dungeon – Silver the Hedgehog – Located in Sol Dimension Kingdom
- Hidden Ground – Silver the Hedgehog – Located in Town’s Burgh arcade, in hidden stairs. (Sol Dimension portal is gone afterwards)
- Marble Garden Zone – Silver the Hedgehog – Located in Angel Island
- Icecap – Silver the Hedgehog – Located in Angel Island
- Halloween Highway – Marine the Raccoon – Located in Town's Burgh's Jungle, head to the mystery cave.
- Volcanic Panic – Marine the Raccoon – Located in Town’s Burgh Incinerator.
- Launch Base – Silver the Hedgehog – Located in Angel Island
- Twinkle Park – Blaze the Cat – Located in Station Square
- Windy Valley – Blaze the Cat – Located in Mystic Ruins (Amy cutscene)
- Sand Hill – Silver the Hedgehog – Located in Mystic Ruins (Silver joins Blaze’s team)
- Casino Amusement – Marine the Raccoon – Located in Town’s Burgh
- Hidden Grounds – Marine the Raccoon – Located in Town’s Burgh’s hole in ground
- Lost Labyrinth – Blaze the Cat – Located in Atlantis
- Underwater Temple – Marine the Raccoon – Located in Atlantis
- Ocean City – Silver the Hedgehog – Located in Atlantis
- Haunted Ship – Blaze the Cat – Located in Sol Dimension
- Big Swell – Marine the Raccoon – Located in Sol Dimension
- Metal Construction – Silver the Hedgehog – Located in Metal Metropolis (outside of Sol Dimension)
- Metal Destruction – Marine the Raccoon – Located in Metal Metropolis
- Sky Chase Zone – Blaze the Cat & Marine the Raccoon – Located in the Sky
- Metal Carrier – Blaze the Cat – Located Metal Carrier’
- Final Boss – Evil Orbot
Chaotix Story Stages
- Lost World - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Mystic Ruins
- Hidden Palace - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Angel Island
- Sand Hill - Vector the Crocodile - Located in Mystic Ruins
- Desert Station - Charmy Bee - Located in Mystic Ruins
- Windy Valley - Charmy Bee - Located in Mystic Ruins
- Hydrocity - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Angel Island
- Swamp Forrest - Charmy Bee - Located in Town's Burgh Jungle
- Hidden Jungle - Vector the Crocodile - Located in Town's Burgh Jungle
- Pumpkin Cave - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Town's Burgh
- Blizzard Factory - Charmy Bee - Located in Town's Burgh
- Hidden Ground - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Town's Burgh Arcade
- Ancient Dungeon – Vector the Crocodile – Located in Sol Dimension Kingdom
- Big Swell - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Sol Dimension
- Haunted Ship - Charmy Bee - Located in Sol Dimension
- Twinkle Park - Vector the Crocodile - Located in Station Square
- Tower Tunnel - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Town's Burgh Clock Tower
- Night Highway - Charmy Bee - Located in Town's Burgh
- Rooftop City - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Town's Burgh
- Tropical Beach - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Town's Burgh
- Metal City - Vector the Crocodile - Located in Town's Burgh
- Metal Destruction - Charmy Bee - Located in Metal Metropolis
- Aquatic Canyon - Charmy Bee - Located in Mystic Ruins
Metal Sonic Story Stages
- Castle Chaos – Metal Sonic – Located in Sol Dimension Castle (High Speed Stage)
- Hydrocity - Metal Sonic - Located in Angel Island (Item Hunting Stage, find two Super Emeralds)
- Launch Base Zone - Metal Sonic - Located in Angel Island (Puzzle Solving Stage)
- Marble Garden Zone - Metal Sonic - Located in Angel Island (Item Hunting Stage, find three Chaos Emeralds)
- Icecap - Metal Sonic - Located in Angel Island (Puzzle Solving Stage)
- Sky Sanctuary - Metal Sonic - Located in Angel Island (High Speed Stage)
- Rooftop City - Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh (Puzzle Solving Stage)
- Blizzard Factory - Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh (Item Hunting Stage, find two Super Emeralds)
- Halloween Highway - Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh (Puzzle Solving Stage)
- Hidden Ground - Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh Arcade (High Speed Stage)
- Tower Tunnel - Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh Clock Tower (Puzzle Solving Stage)
- Haunted Crater - Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh (Item Hunting Stage, find three Super Emeralds)
- Metal Carrier - Metal Sonic - Located in Metal Carrier (Time Limit Stage, chase after Shadow without getting caught)
- Swamp Forrest - Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh (Item Hunting Stage, find four Chaos Emeralds)
- Casino Amusement - Neo Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh (Beat 'em up, destroy 90 G.U.N. soldiers)
- Night Highway - Neo Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh (Beam 'em up, destroy 90 G.U.N soldiers)
- Sand Cave - Neo Metal Sonic - Located in Mystic Ruins (Beam 'em up/Time Limit, destroy 90 of Dr. Eggman's Badniks in 90 seconds)
- Speed Highway - Neo Metal Sonic - Located in Station Square (High Speed/Beam 'em up, destroy 90 G.U.N. members while keeping up with Shadow)
- Swamp Forrest - Neo Metal Sonic - Located in Town's Burgh (Beam 'em up, destroy 90 G.U.N members)
- Metal Construction - Neo Metal Sonic - Located in Metal Metropolis (Beam 'em up, destroy 90 of Eggman's Badniks, before Sonic and his friends arrive)
- Metal Destruction - Neo Metal Sonic - Located in Metal Metropolis (Beam 'em up, destroy the city before Sonic and his friends arrive)
- Final Boss: Team Dark (Shadow, Rouge & Omega) along with Dr. Eggman
- Rooftop City - Shadow the Hedgehog - Located in Town's Burgh (High Speed stage/Time Limit, chase after the Metal Carrier before Neo Metal Sonic gets away)
- Hydrocity - Marine the Raccoon - Located in Angel Island (Item Hunting Stage, find three switches to open up the door to Marble Garden)
- Marble Garden - Charmy Bee - Located in Angel Island (Item Hunting Stage, find three keys)
- Carnival Night - Cream the Rabbit - Located in Angel Island (Item Hunting Stage, find three casino keys)
- Icecap - Rouge the Bat - Located in Angel Island (Item Hunting Stage, find three ice keys)
- Launch Base - Vector the Crocodile - Located in Angel Island (Item Hunting/Beat 'em up, find Cubot then defeat him)
- Mushroom Hill - E-123 Omega - Located in Angel Island (Beam 'em up, defeat 70 Metal Sonic robots)
- Flying Battery - Knuckles the Echidna - Located in Angel Island (Beam 'em up/Item Hunting, find Orbot then defeat him)
- Sandopolis - Amy Rose - Located in Angel Island (Puzzle Solving)
- Lava Reef - Silver the Hedgehog - Located in Angel Island (Puzzle Solving)
- Hidden Palace - Espio the Chameleon - Located in Angel Island (Puzzle Solving)
- Sky Sanctuary - Dr. Eggman - Located in Angel Island (Puzzle Solving)
- Angel Island - Miles "Tails" Prower - Located in Angel Island (Time Limit, chase after Neo Metal Sonic before he gets away)
- Final Boss: Super Sonic, Super Silver, Super Shadow and Burning Blaze vs Metal Overload.
All playable characters in the game have a bonus level, usually unlocked by doing a certain task.
- Casino Factory - Sonic the Hedgehog - Unlocked by getting an A Rank on all of the stages that Sonic is playable in.
- Inferno Coast - Miles "Tails" Prower - Raise five Chao's while playing as Tails.
The theme song of the game, "What I'm Made of" is a remixed version of the song of the same name from Sonic Heroes. Sonic's theme song is once again It Doesn't Matter except it is the Sonic Adventure 2 version except instead it is sang by Crush 40 instead of Tony Harnell. Tails's Sonic Adventure 2 theme "Believe in Myself" returns in the game, as well as Amy's theme My Sweet Passion also returns in the game. Knuckles theme Unknown from M.E. in it's Sonic Adventure 2 version, the song is once again sung by Hunnid-P, he also sings most of the music in Knuckle's levels which once again have Rap and Jazz music to them. Shadow's theme "Throw it All Away" once again returns, Rouge's theme "Fly in the Freedome" returns and Dr. Eggman's theme E.G.G.M.A.N. returns which has now been renamed "I Am the Eggman".
|Role||English Voice Actor|
|Sonic the Hedgehog/Metal Sonic||Roger Craig Smith|
|Miles "Tails" Prower||Kate Higgins|
|Knuckles the Echidna||
|Amy Rose||Jennifer Douillard|
|Cream the Rabbit||Michelle Ruff|
|Dr. Eggman||Mike Pollock|
- Many things from previous Sonic games are in this game.
- This game is apparently the start of a Metal Sonic Arc in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, following Metal Sonic being the main antagonist instead of Dr. Eggman.
- This game makes the debut of Chao-tix, Charmy's pet chao.