This is the script for the Hero Story of Sonic Adventure 2: Project Shadow.
[The scene shows the construction workers repairing Station Square; some citizens are volunteering to clean up the city.]
News reporter: It's been months after the devastation of Station Square by a huge water creature. Construction workers have been reconstructing the buildings and highways while the citizens of Station Square are helping out to clean up the city they love.[We are taken to a scene where Sonic is resting at a forest until GUN troopers and robots confront him.]
Sonic: So much for peace and quiet!
GUN Soldier: Sonic the Hedgehog, you are under arrest for attacking our guards and machines!
Sonic: What are you talking about?
GUN Soldier: Do not resist. We're taking you in![The soldiers try to arrest Sonic.]
Sonic: Try harder than that, buddy![Sonic is tackled by the soldiers and is handcuffed.]
Sonic: Hey! Easy on the quills!
[Rouge is flying around Angel Island and finds the shrine where the Master Emerald is at.]
Rouge: Oh my! This is one of the rarest jewels I've ever seen! Look at the size of it! [Looks at Knuckles] It looks like red echidna must be guarding it. I better keep quiet so he won't catch me. [Quietly lands on the altar] Come to mama! [Steals the Master Emerald]
Knuckles: [Turns around] Hey! Intruder!
Rouge: Later, sweetie! This Emerald will go great on my jewel collection! [Flies away with the Master Emerald]
Knuckles: [Chases Rouge] Get back here with the Master Emerald. you thief!
[The screen shows the news at every citizen's house.]
News reporter: We interrupt this broadcast with breaking news. Famous hero Sonic the Hedgehog has been arrested by GUN earlier after the hedgehog was seen attacking the guards and robots from Prison Island. Stay tuned for more details on this developing story.[The scene switches to Cream's house]
Cream: There's no way Mr. Sonic would do that.
Cheese: Chao! Chao!
Amy: Right. This hedgehog looks nothing like Sonic.[The scene switches to Tails inside his workshop]
Tails: Those people don't know what they're talking about. Sonic's innocent.
Escaping from GUN
[From a G.U.N. helicopter...]
GUN Soldier: Sigma Alpha 2. Heading due south over the city.
Pilot: We're on route. Everything's all set.
Control Tower Associate: This is control tower. We have you on radar. Report status of Sonic the Hedgehog. Over.
Pilot: He's been staying quiet for a few hours, and... [Sees that Sonic is missing] What?![Sonic is attacking the guards]
Control Tower Associate: What wrong, soldier? Over!
Pilot: The hedgehog is knocking out the guards and is escaping! What in the world! [Sonic busts out of the helicopter and grabs onto it] Freeze, hedgehog! Get back inside!
Sonic: [Hops on top of the helicopter and rips of a large piece of metal] No way! I got no love for low budget flights with no food, movies, music, or games! I'm out of this dump! Running suits me! [Jumps off the helicopter and spins into the city while on the metal board] Yeah! This is happenin'!
Chaos Emerald Stolen
News reporter: This just in in today's news that there was a break-in in Central City's federal reserve bank. The authorities say that it was world renowned hero Sonic the Hedgehog who had broke in the bank and stole a Chaos Emerald. He is currently fleeing from the police and the robots and is nowhere to be seen. Stay tuned for more coverage.
[At Tails' workshop]
Tails: This is getting out of hand. I better head to Central City to find and help Sonic. I'll use the Tornado III to find him.[Tails gets on the Tornado 3 and sets off to find Sonic.]
[Sonic is hiding inside the sewer.]
Sonic: I guess I lost the military clunkers. Now to get out of the sewer and out of the city.
[Sonic is at the streets of Central City.]
Sonic: No sign of them. Now to find a way out of the city. [Gets confronted by Big Foot] This game of tag is getting boring! Still want to play cat and mouse with me? Okay. Bring it!
Sonic: That'll do for tonight. [Looks up] What the...?!
[A black colored hedgehog is seen on top of the defeated Big Foot holding a Chaos Emerald.]
Shadow: It all starts with this...The jewel containing the ultimate power...
Sonic: That's a Chaos Emerald! Now I know what's going on. The military was after me because of you! So where do you think you're going with that Emerald? You better answer or I'll get one out of you, you fake hedgehog!
Shadow: Hmph! You think you can take me on? Don't waste my time, blue hedgehog.
Sonic: Well, waste this! [Runs towards Shadow for an attack]
Shadow: Chaos Control![Shadow uses Chaos Control to warp past Sonic]
Sonic: Wow! He's fast! No wait. It's not his speed. He just used the Chaos Emerald to warp somewhere else.
Shadow: [On top of another building] I don't think we've been properly introduced. My name is Shadow. Shadow the Hedgehog. I am the ultimate life form. And soon, the world will get a taste of revenge!
Sonic: What are you talking about?
Shadow: There's no way I'd explain to the likes of you.
Shadow: [Hears sirens] Looks like these wretched humans are back again. Time for me to go! [Smirks] I suppose it was nice meeting you, blue hedgehog. Farewell. Chaos Control! [Disappears]
Sonic: Hey![GUN surrounds Sonic]
GUN Soldier: Sonic the Hedgehog, this ends now! Don't move, put your hands up, and get on the ground!
Sonic: Great. As if this night couldn't get any better.
GUN Soldier: There's no escape for you this time! Turn yourself in now!
Sonic: Ugh! Fine then. Cuff me, military man.[Sonic is handcuffed and is sent to the military truck]
Master Emerald Broken Again
[Knuckles and Rouge are at a desert; Rouge is holding the Master Emerald]
- Rouge: Glad I lost him.
- Knuckles: But I found you!
- Rouge: You're quite an annoying echidna, are you? This is mine now, so you can go back into your little island!
- Knuckles: It's not your Emerald, and that's that! You don't even know how powerful the Master Emerald is. It has the power to neutralize the energy of the Chaos Emeralds! [Looks up to see the Master Emerald taken by Eggman] What the...!
- Rouge: Hey! Thief!
- Knuckles: Says the thief herself!
- Eggman: Orbot, you said the signal indicates a Chaos Emerald in this desert! This is the Master Emerald!
- Orbot: Well, it is called an Emerald radar after all.
- Knuckles: Eggman!
- Rouge: So that's Dr. Eggman.
- Eggman: Well, greetings my red gullible echidna. How's it been? A few months? Me and my dimbots were on a search for some Chaos Emeralds, and then we found the Master Emerald instead. I guess I can take it with me to use it for something! [Tries to get away] Farewell, knucklehead!
- Knuckles: Oh no you don't!
[Knuckles shatters the Master Emerald into pieces]
- Rouge: Ahhh!! My precious gem!
- Cubot: He broke it!
- Rouge: [Grabs Knuckles by the neck] You idiot! Just look what you've done to MY Emerald!
- Knuckles: [Pushes Rouge away] Get a grip! I did this to prevent the Master Emerald from being stolen! I can restore its pieces back together. And like I said, it's not YOUR Emerald!
- Eggman: Nevermind. I'll go to the base to check on something.
- Rouge: [Watches Eggman leave] I despise anyone who take away my jewels! And seeing that I am a skilled treasure hunter, I'm going to find the Emerald pieces before you!
- Knuckles: Really? Well I'm one, too, and you can bring it on, bat girl!
[Tails is flying to Prison Island]
- Tails: I appears that I have to cancel my flight to Central City since Sonic got arrested and is taken to this place called Prison Island. I have no idea why does the military still believes that Sonic committed these crimes when it clearly was a black hedgehog. This is all confusing. But that's not important. What's important is that I must break Sonic out of jail. [Sees Amy and Eggman] Hey, look! It's Amy...and Eggman. What is she doing here? I better go and help her. Tornado III, transformation!
[Tails transforms his Tornado III into a walker; He confronts Eggman]
- Tails: Leave Amy alone!
- Amy: Tails?
- Eggman: What a surprise.
- Tails: Stand back, Amy. I'l deal with Eggman!
- Eggman: So you transformed your plane into a robot walker to challenge my Egg Walker? You don't stand a change, fox boy!
- Tails: I'll prove you wrong, Egghead!
- Eggman: I'll let you go. For now. Just be prepared for our next meeting, because I won't go easy on you! [Leaves]
- Tails: Oh, I'll be ready, Eggman!
- Amy: Wow, Tails. That was awesome! And cool plane!
- Tails: Thanks, Amy. I decided to upgrade the Tornado. So how did you get here?
- Amy: I heard Sonic was arrested and was put into this island. So I used one of the boats from Central City to head to Prison Island. I know you're coming to save Sonic too.
- Tails: I see. Come on. We've got to hurry find him!
[Tails and Amy set off to find Sonic]
- Sonic: I'm still puzzled as to how Shadow can warp just by using a Chaos Emerald. Chaos Control... I'm guessing it requires a lot of energy to perform that trick.
- Tails: Hey, Sonic!
- Amy: Found you!
- Sonic: Tails, Amy! Glad to see you guys.
- Amy: I'm glad to see you more, my love! I thought they're gonna separate us from each other forever!
- Sonic: [Annoyed] Right. How did you guys get here?
- Tails: It's a long story, but we heard on the news about the military arresting you.
- Sonic: Yeah. It stinks. I just saved Station Square from a giant water monster and what does the military do? Take me in for something because they confuse me for that fake hedgehog.
- Amy: You mean that black hedgehog? I saw him earlier here.
- Sonic: You did? Where is he now? I'd like to give him a piece of my mind.
- Amy: If I tell you, would you take me on a date?
- Sonic: No thank you.
- Amy: Agh! I thought I had you this time! Anyways, he came here with Eggman and a white bat girl.
- Sonic: Eggman... I figured he's behind this.
- Amy: [Picks up a card key] Oh, I almost forgot to free you with this card I took minutes ago.
[Amy swipes in card and opens Sonic's cell]
- Sonic: Freedom!
- Amy: [Looks at writing on the wall] What's all this writing on the wall? Did you write all this?
- Sonic: It was here before. I figured that it was some scientist that wrote it.
- Tails: Guys come on. We got to leave now!
- Sonic: Right. I'd like to have a word with the impostor.
Clash of the Hedgehogs
[Sonic is at the forest]
- Sonic: Phew! So far so good. [Turns around and sees Shadow] There you are!
- Shadow: It's that blue hedgehog again of all places!
- Sonic: Alright, let's cut to the chase! I know you're in league with Eggman. Tell me what the two of you are up to, faker!
- Shadow: Faker? Me? I think you're the one who is the faker around here! You're trying to compare yourself to me? Ha! You're not good enough to be my fake!
- Sonic: I'll make you eat those words! [Runs to Shadow]
- Shadow: [Runs to Sonic] You will try, faker!
Prison Island Blowing Up
[Both Sonic and Shadow are panting]
- Eggman: Shadow, what are you doing? Hurry and back here right now before the island blows up!
- Sonic: Blows up?!
[Shadow runs to escape]
- Sonic: Wait! I gotta find Tails and Amy fast!
Escaping Prison Island
[Sonic finds Tails and Amy]
- Sonic: Tails! Amy! The island is gonna blow up! Let's escape!
- Tails: Got it! Hope on, guys!
[The trio get on the Tornado III and Tails sets off; Prison Island blows up after they escaped]
Entering Ghost Mountain
[Knuckles is at Pumpkin Hill]
- Knuckles: This place sure feels haunted. But I don't have any time to waste. I gotta find the rest of the pieces of the Master Emerald.
[Eggman is broadcasting his message across Earth and the people are Earth turn to listen to him]
- Eggman: Hahahaha! People from around the world. Lend me your ears carefully! I am Dr. Eggman. The world's greatest scientist and soon to be the world's greatest ruler! Now witness this ultimate power!
[Suddenly, the Eclipse Cannon is revealed from the Space Colony ARK and it fires a blast that destroys half of the moon. The people of Earth watch in horror at what just happened and Eggman laughs as the time shows a little less than a 24 hours until the Eclipse Cannon strikes Earth]
- Eggman: Hahahaha!
Escape from GUN Again
[In the city, Sonic, Tails, and Amy just witnessed what had happened]
- Amy: Half of the moon is gone?
- Sonic: That Eggman! Always wanting to take over the world! It never gets old!
- Tails: But how did he manage to get all of that energy?
- Sonic: It's probably the Chaos Emeralds. Yeah, that's why they were looking for them. [Sees Tails bringing out an Emerald] Tails, you got an Emerald?
- Tails: Yeah. I found this Emerald around the Mystic Ruins some time ago. I learned that they are like magnets and have the power to attract each other. If I can use that, I can locate where Eggman is at.
- GUN Soldier: The three of you, freeze! Put your hands up and get on the ground!
- Sonic: Not them again. I'll take care of the soldiers, Tails! You and Amy can find some place to hide.
- Tails: Got it. I'll try to locate Eggman's location!
[Tails and Amy run off while Sonic holds off on GUN]
[Knuckles is at Aquatic Mine]
- Knuckles: I never thought the Emeralds shards would be inside these mines. This is gonna be tougher than I thought.
Exiting the Mines
[After clearing Aquatic Mine]
- Knuckles: Okay. Found the pieces. Now to get out of this ghost-infested place!
[Tails and Amy are seen and Tails is talking with Sonic on his phone]
- Sonic: [From phone] Still on the run from the police, guys. I could use less of them. Tails, any luck on where Eggman is at?
- Tails: I'm not getting a clear signal on where Eggman and the Chaos Emeralds could be, but I've managed to find out that they are in outer space.
- Amy: Outer space?
- Sonic: Heh! I can still remember the time Egghead had that Death Egg. I bet he might have a new one.
- Tails: It might be a possibility, but we don't know for sure.
[Suddenly, a nearby manhole opens up and Knuckles appears from it]
- Amy: It's Knuckles!
- Knuckles: Hey, guys. I didn't know you're all here. I've been searching for the Master Emerald pieces lately and the search is harder than it needs to be. Where are we?
- Amy: Just in this huge city. Let me get you out of the sewer. [Picking up Knuckles from the manhole] Yuck!
- Tails: I managed to find the transcripts between Eggman and the President in the government computer. I'm gonna find the President's limo right now! If we can get into the limo, we can trace the call to find Eggman!
- Sonic: Sounds like a good idea, lil bro! I'll meet you up there!
[Tails races off to get to the President's limo]
- Knuckles: I figure Eggman is scheming on something.
In the President's Limo
[In the President's limo driving through the city]
- Assistant: Mr. President, reports show that since the incident, three hours ago, the country is in turmoil. Our financial communities are impacted and our satellite communications are down. An emergency meeting has been called. Mr. President, this is a national crisis.
- President: Spare me the details. Exactly what is it you want? Dr. Eggman?
- Eggman: [Speaking from a video monitor] Hahahaha! Well, let's just get down to business then, shall we Mr. President? I won't bore you with all the details since I know you are a very busy man. Mr. President, my demands are quite simple. Surrender to the Eggman Empire and make no attempts to resist! Otherwise...
- President: Otherwise?
- Eggman: Otherwise your country will cease to exist! You have 24 hours to give me your answer!
- Sonic: [From a distance] No way!
- President: What the...?
- Sonic: [Comes from above the limousine] There won't be an Eggman Empire to be built, Eggface!
- Eggman: Grr!! Sonic! How rude of you to interrupt my conversation with the President!
- President: What the heck is going on here?
- Sonic: Don't worry, Mr. President, everything is under control. Just leave it to us!
[Tails is seen messing with the monitor]
- Prsident: What are you doing?
- Sonic: You got it, Tails?
- Tails: [Holding a disk] I got it, Sonic! He's transmitting from the space colony ARK!
- Sonic: OK! Let's move it! [Exits the limousine as Tails follows him]
- President: Wait, you two!
- Assistant: Mr. President, we have a message from our agent.
Fly Up to the Base
[Sonic and Tails find Amy and Knuckles]
- Sonic: Knuckles! Didn't know you were here.
- Knuckles: Amy told me you were into some trouble with the military.
- Sonic: Yeah. Apparently, they couldn't tell from a black and a blue hedgehog.
- Tails: We managed to find out where Eggman is at. He's at the Space Colony ARK.
- Amy: So it wasn't a Death Egg.
- Sonic: You know, since he's in space, how are we going to be able to catch him up there?
- Knuckles: I remember now. Just the other day at a desert, I saw Eggman going inside a pyramid which he mentions as his base. Maybe if you guys get inside there, you can find some sort of transportation.
- Sonic: Sounds pretty accurate.
- Tails: Good thinking, Knuckles! We'll have to take the Tornado to fly up to find the pyramid.
- Sonic: Wanna come, Knuckles?
- Knuckles: I got some business to take off with the Master Emerald, but I suppose tagging along with you guys wouldn't hurt.
- Sonic: Alright. Then it's settled. Let's go!
[The four get on the Tornado; Rouge is watching from a distance]
Entering the Desert
[The heroes are at the desert where the pyramid is ahead]
- Sonic: So there's the pyramid.
- Knuckles: Eggman went inside, and the bat girl followed him. I bet they're having some sort of secret alliance.
- Amy: They pretty much are. I saw them and Shadow together at Prison Island the other day.
- Knuckles: Just as I thought.
- Sonic: Now we should be able to find some sort of ship or shuttle to space from the pyramid. I have no idea what the space colony ARK is about, but I'll be sure to find all of them and ruin their little fun.
- Knuckles: Then leave the bat to me.
- Tails: I'll find the entrance to the pyramid!
Entering the Pyramid
[The heroes are in front of the entrance door to the pyramid]
- Sonic: Eggy's so kind in letting the door open for us.
- Tails: Let's go in.
[The four go inside the pyramid]
Finding the Keys
[The heroes are inside the pyramid where there's another door]
- Tails: Looks like we're entering the center of the base.
- Sonic: Egghead sure loves mechanical things, does he? He should have at least a spaceship lying around here somewhere.
- Tails: [Examines door] The door is locked.
- Knuckles: Stand back! I'll punch right through it! [Punches door, but it didn't work] And it's not working.
- Amy: [Holding her hammer] Let me try! [Hits the door with her hammer, but it didn't work either] Oh!
- Sonic: So Eggman leaves the front door open for us, but not this one. Classy.
- Tails: The only way we can do this is to find some keys.
- Sonic: That's easy. Knuckles got this one covered!
- Knuckles: What? Why do I have to find the key?!
- Sonic: 'Cause you're the world's greatest treasure hunter!
- Knuckles: Keys are not treasure, Sonic!
- Sonic: Does ancient keystones ring a bell?
- Amy: Knuckles, come on. Just do it. This place is starting to give me the creeps.
- Knuckles: Alright! Fine! I'll do it! If something happens, it's not my fault!
[Knuckles goes to find the three keys]
King Boom Boo
[After clearing through Death Chamber; Knuckles is in an enclosed room]
- Knuckles: [Hears a laugh] Huh? Who's there? [Turns around to find King Boom Boo] What the...a ghost?
[Knuckles meets with Sonic, Tails, and Amy with the three keys]
- Knuckles: Found the keys, guys! But I'm not doing things like this ever again!
- Sonic: Great! Now let's open this thing!
[Tails unlocks the door with the three keys; the four enter inside]
- Tails: Now where can we find a space shuttle?
- Eggman: [From behind] If it isn't the annoying pest ensemble!
- Sonic: Eggman! Where's the other two of your partners in crime?
- Eggman: That's none of your concern! But you should be concerned about your health as I destroy you and take the Chaos Emerald! Come forth, Egg Golem!
[The Egg Golem appears]
- Sonic: I'll take care of this, guys! Just find some spaceship! I'll catch up!
Space Shuttle Lift Off
[The pyramid opens up revealing a large rocket]
- Automatic Voice: Ready for launch! Primary engines on! Beginning lift-off countdown! [Sonic is seen running onto the rocket] 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Shuttle lift-off!
[The rocket blasts off into space heading for the ARK; Sonic and the others are in the rocket heading for the ARK]
- Sonic: [Looking at the ARK] So this is the Space Colony ARK. It has Eggman's face in it.
- Tails: [Piloting the shuttle] I guess that's what inspired him to make the Death Egg years ago.
- Amy: [Looking at outer space] I've never been into outer space before. It's so amazing!
[The rocket crashes into an asteroid]
- Tails: Whoa! I think we hit something!
[The hatch in the rocket opens up releasing the pieces of the Master Emerald]
- Knuckles: Oh no! The hatched doors are opened!
- Sonic: Don't sweat it, Knuckles. The only thing in that cargo bay is the Master Emerald pieces.
- Knuckles: What do you mean "don't sweat it"?! I'm losing them again! [Goes to the control panel] Tails, let me land this shuttle now!
- Tails: Hey!
- Sonic: Knuckles, knock it off! You're gonna crash this thing!
- Knuckles: I got to get the pieces of the Master Emerald!
- Sonic: [Notices Knuckles going to touch a lever] No! Don't touch that lever!
[The rocket suddenly starts to spin out toward the ARK]
- Sonic: Woah!!
- Amy: Ahhh!!
- Tails: Woah!!
Enter the ARK
[The shuttle continues to spin and then crashes into an opening. Sonic, Tails, and Amy exit the shuttle and arrive inside the ARK.]
- Amy: Ugh! That was sure some nice landing.
- Tails: We're still alive and breathing. Thank goodness.
- Sonic: That Knucklehead! What's the deal with him trying to take over the shuttle and trying to get all of us killed? [Notices that Knuckles isn't here] Where did that echidna go?
- Tails: Looks like he bailed.
- Sonic: Well, he's so dedicated to his job in guarding the Master Emerald, so I guess I can't be too hard on him.
- Amy: [Looks around cobwebs and dust around the hallway] Yuck! This place could use a lot of dusting.
- Tails: This place was shut down about 50 years ago because of a terrible accident. This is the first Bernoulli spherical space colony called, ARK. When it was operational, it was the most advanced research center of it's kind, but looking at it now...
- Amy: ...an abandoned ARK.
- Sonic: Well, there's not much time left before Eggman fires that weapon again... We've got to hurry! Let's find the cannon and destroy it!
- Tails: Yeah! [Typing on his computer in his Tornado] Someone designed that weapon to be inpenetrable from outside attacks. [Shows a diagram of the ARK] Its defense system are super strong so we have to find a way to destroy it from the inside! I've made a special tool to be our difference maker.
- Amy: Isn't that a Chaos Emerald?
- Tails: You mean it looks like it. It's a fake one that I created after researching the real Emerald. It has the same wavelength and properties but is less powerful than the real one. It's designed to reverse the energy field inside the Chaos Emeralds and blow up! It looks so real, even a machine can't tell the difference! I'll find the power supply and destroy it! Sonic, you find the control room, OK? [Gives Sonic the fake Chaos Emerald]
- Sonic: So the plan is we'll switch the Chaos Emeralds when the machine is stopped, right?
- Tails: Right.
[Sonic and Tails walk forward]
- Amy: Um, guys. Is there anything you want me to do instead of leaving me behind? Oh, forget it! I'll just go around and check out this place or something. [Walks around the ARK]
[Before Meteor Herd, Knuckles is gliding outside the ARK]
- Knuckles: I can sense the pieces around this area of meteors. I have to get them back!
Face off Against Rouge
[Knuckles encounters Rouge]
- Knuckles: You again.
- Rouge: Well, hello, "treasure hunter". I see you've already found most of my Emerald pieces.
- Knuckles: Give it rest, bat girl! It's not your Emerald! And neither are the pieces you found!
- Rouge: Then let's settle this then! I'm gonna get a kick out of embarrassing you.
- Knuckles: You won't be laughing when I knock you out!
Master Emerald Restored
[Knuckles and Rouge are panting]
- Knuckles & Rouge: Stop fooling around and give me back MY Emerald!
- Rouge: Who do you think you are trying to hurt a lady like me?! You should be ashamed of yourself!
- Knuckles: Well you're no lady, you're just a thief! And you can hold on your own will against me!
- Rouge: Well, can you hold your own against-- [Trips and starts to fall off of the tower] Ahhh!!
[Rouge was falling closer toward the lava until Knuckles saves her]
- Knuckles: Hold tight! I got you!
[Knuckles helps Rouge back up and they gaze at each other for a few seconds]
- Rouge: [Snatches her hand off of Knuckles'] Keep your hands to yourself, you jerk!
- Knuckles: Is that a way to thank someone for saving your life?
- Rouge: Saving my life? I owe you nothing! And you just want to hold my hand! You're a creep!
- Knuckles: Shut up! I did that to save the pieces of the Master Emerald!
- Rouge: You know what? This is really ridiculous arguing with you! I can't take this anymore. Here! [Gives the Emerald shards to Knuckles]
- Knuckles: Huh?
- Rouge: Take them. I don't want them anymore. They all stink like echidnas do!
- Knuckles: You should've done that a long time ago. Just saying.
[Knuckles restores the Master Emerald pieces back together]
- Knuckles: Good as new again. [Looks at Rouge]
- Rouge: [Angrily looks away] What?
- Knuckles: Sorry...for hurting you. [Runs off]
- Rouge: ... Well, I should get going. [Takes one last look back before running off herself]
Amy in Trouble
[Sonic is inside the ARK's control room]
- Tails: [From phone] I destroyed the generator, Sonic! Now that you're at the control room, put the Emerald into--
- Eggman: [Suddenly cuts Tails' transmission off] Tails, why not tell Sonic that Amy is held hostage?!
- Tails: What?!
- Sonic: Eggman!
- Eggman: Sonic, give me the Chaos Emerald or she dies!
- Sonic: I guess this can wait. I gotta hurry and find Eggman!
End of Sonic?
[At the capsule room, Eggman points a gun at Amy much to the horror of Orbot and Cubot; Tails is also there]
- Orbot: Dr. Eggman, don't you think pointing a gun at Amy is going too far?
- Eggman: Don't make blow you up, too!
- Cubot: I think the boss means it, Orbot.
[Sonic arrives to the capsule room]
- Tails: Sonic! Thank goodness you're here.
- Eggman: Now let's get into some business here, Sonic. Hand over the Chaos Emerald and then I will release the love of your life. That is if you truly love her.
- Sonic: [Holding the fake Emerald] Handing over the fake Emerald, I'll be killing two birds with one stone.
[Tails looks over at Sonic and gives him a nod]
- Eggman: Put the Emerald down NOW! I'm not playing around!
- Sonic: [Smirking at Eggman and walks towards] You've really outdone yourself in the evil genius department, doctor. [Shows fake Emerald to Eggman] Here's your trophy.
- Eggman: [Points at the direction] Stand right here. [Sonic stands on a circular shaped floor; Eggman smirks] Perfect! [Eggman presses a button which traps Sonic inside a capsule]
- Sonic: What's this?
- Eggman: You really should know better than to trick the world's greatest scientist with a fake Emerald.
- Tails: Huh? How did you know it was fake?
- Sonic: Tails!
- Eggman: Because you told me, fox boy!
- Tails: What?
- Eggman: Now for a little space ride. Once the capsule drops down from this room, it will blow up into smithereens!
- Orbot & Cubot: Oh my!
- Orbot: He's really going over the edge!
- Amy: You get Sonic out of that thing, you monster!
- Eggman: I can... and I won't!
- Sonic: [Looks at Tails] Tails, I'm counting on you. You've been a great friend, a little brother I always wanted. [Turns to Amy] Amy, you've been a great friend, too. Take care of yourself, okay?
- Eggman: Sayanara, Sonic the Hedgehog! [Ejects Sonic out of the ARK]
- Amy: [Looks outside where the capsule is falling] Sonic!
[While Sonic is inside the capsule, he remembers what Tails said about the fake Emerald]
- Tails: [As an echoed voice from earlier] It has the same wavelength and properties, but is less powerful than the real one.
- Sonic:' Same wavelength and properties... [Remembers Shadow performing Chaos Control in a flashback scene; picks up fake Emerald] But can I do it with this? Chaos Control!
[Sonic uses Chaos Control before the capsule explodes; the others inside watch]
- Eggman: Farewell, Sonic...my admirable adversary.
- Shadow: [From the hallway looking on] I guess he was a regular hedgehog after all.
- Amy: [Saddened] Sonic! No! [Sobbing]
- Orbot: Dr. Eggman has killed Sonic.
- Eggman: [Turns to Tails and Amy] Enough of the mourning! Give me the real Emerald, and I will let you two go. You have my word.
- Tails: Sonic... [Angered] You madman! Sonic has once asked me to do something for him. I'll take you down Eggman for Sonic!
- Eggman: So you're ready for round 2? Okay. Back at Prison Island, I said I wasn't going to go easy on you when we meet again, so I will stick to my words! I'll be making sure you join your best friend in the afterlife!
[Knuckles is wandering at the hallways of the ARK]
- Knuckles: I feel some strange energy.
[Sonic suddenly warps in revealing to be alive]
- Knuckles: Sonic!
- Sonic: Whoa. I wasn't sure I can pull that one off. I somehow used the Chaos Control with the fake Emerald.
- Knuckles: Chaos Control? [Helping Sonic stand up] Are you alright?
- Sonic: A little, but I'm worried about Tails and Amy. Don't wanna bother you, but can you help them? This is our last chance in saving the world. [Holding the fake Emerald] I got it. Before the cannon fires, I'll slam dunk it in there! [Runs off to find the Eclipse Cannon]
Last Emerald Stolen
[Tails stands over a defeated Eggman]
- Tails: [Holding communicator, sadly] Sonic, I did it.
[Tails gets a call from his walkie and Eggman is seen reaching for the Emerald]
- Sonic: Awesome job, Tails!
- Tails: Sonic! You're alive!
- Sonic: I always find a way. I found Knuckles and told him to find you here.
- Tails: [Notices that Eggman took the last Emerald] Oh no! Eggman stole the last Emerald!
- Sonic: Don't worry! I'll race down there to get the cannon before he inserts it! Wish me luck!
Showdown with Shadow
[Sonic is seen standing near the way to the cannon]
- Shadow: [Walking beside Sonic] You never cease to amaze me, blue hedgehog. I thought that exploding capsule was the end of you.
- Sonic: What can I say? I die hard. [Takes out the fake Emerald] I have to thank you, though.
- Shadow: You mean to tell me that you used a fake Emerald to perform Chaos Emerald? Hmph!
[The two begin to run]
- Shadow: I can see now that there's more to you than just looking like me. Who are you?
- Sonic: What you see is what you get. I'm just a guy who loves adventure. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!
- Shadow: I see. But you know that I can't let you get to the Eclipse Cannon. Your adventure days are coming to an end!
Eclipse Cannon Destroyed
[The Eclipse Cannon is prepared to shoot. Tails and Amy Tails and Amy look out a nearby window to see the Eclipse Cannon opening only to be destroyed; Sonic is seen on the remains and gives a thumbs up and his trademark smirk]