— Modeo, explaining to Cream the ways of Shamans.
Modeo the Dragon, Apprentice Shaman. Modeo was born into the Dragon clan, who's entire life are used learning and developing different magical styles. As Modeo turned 7, he was taught by one of the villiage elders, Teleia, the ways of being a shaman. Although he's only an apprentice, he had enough skill to use all four elemental totems, but he had difficulties at first, mainly that the fire spirits were too stubborn to accept the partnership of a child, and that the earth spirits were disgusted that they were not used efficiently. However, as time passed, Modeo learnt to control both elemental spirits.
Modeo is a carefree and joyous child, often seen playing or frollicking through the fields of Manatide. Although he spends a lot of his time enjoying his time with his friends, Modeo does not neglect his training and, unlike most of the other apprentices, finds enjoyment in it, always aiming to be the best of the Shamans and, as the cherry on top, to develope a new branch of Magic, just as Amatirion was the sole Paladin of the Dragon clan by intricatly manipulating the Light in glorious ways. However, because he is still a young person and that no other Dragon was able to derive their own form of Magic, many of the elders shun Modeo's dream aside, but still wish him the best of luck.
However, Modeo often has his childish side, sometimes playing with his totems, much to the dismay of the fire spirits, although the wind and water spirits find it both adorable and expected. Modeo enjoys sharing his cmpassion with others, often hugging them and comforting them, although some people's irritation at Modeo's pestering remains oblivious to him, though it is his naivety that seems to attract the cheerfulness from others. One of Modeo's fears is being tickled; even though he is scared of being tickled, he finds the sensation enjoyable and fun and often tries to cover up his more sensitive areas with his hands or clothing, despite the fact that he enjoys it, especially around the sides, neck and feet.
Modeo is not as diverse as most other shamans, only being able to utilize the more basic of Shaman abilities, although he has reached a point that he can advance in rank, but cannot do so due to the fact that he has yet to earn the utmost trust of his elemental spirits. The list of his techniques include;
- Lightning Bolt - Modeo uses his powers to manipulate nature energies, hurling a bolt of lightning towards his opponent. The attack deals good damage and can numb the target.
- Earth Shock - Modeo thrusts his hand forwards and sends out a blast of concussive force, dealing damage and disorientating the opponent.
- Flame Shock - Modeo blasts the target with the power of fire, causing a good amount of fire damage as well as burning the opponent over a small period of time.
- Frost Shock - Modeo blasts the opponent with the essence of frost, causing good ice damage and slowing the opponent's movement for a small amount of time.
- Rockbiter Weapon - Modeo channels the spirit of the Earth Elemental, hardening any weapon that allows it to smash through otherwise very strong obstacles.
- Flametongue Weapon - Modeo channels the spirit of the Fire Elemental, allowing the weapon to burn through many materials in addition to strengthening the wielder's spells.
- Frostbrand Weapon - Modeo channels the spirit of the Water Elemental, allowing the weapon to freeze all that it strikes and causing any enemy it hits to be slowed for a small period of time.
- Ghost Wolf - Modeo can merge with his guardian spirits to become a Ghost Wolf. It allows Modeo for fast travel and immunity to physical attacks, but he himself cannot attack in this form.
- Reincarnation - With special Dragonheart Seeds, Modeo can resurrect himself after death by having the Air Elemental imbued the seed with its powers.
- Hex - With the power of nature, Modeo can turn his opponent into a critter so long as they are either humanoid or beastial. The effects can last anywhere between a minute and a day.
- Thunderstorm - Modeo's key ability, in which he calls upon a strike of lightning at himself, blasting everyone away from him for several meters and dealing damage, but deals no damage to himself.
- Searing Totem - A Fire Totem that constantly fires balls of fire at the opponent.
- Earthbind Totem - An Earth Totem that creates an aura that slows down enemies that are at a distance from the totem.
- Stoneskin Totem - An Earth Totem that embues the Shaman in a casing of stone, protecting them from incoming damage.
- Strength of Earth Totem - An Earth Totem that embues the Shaman with great strength, able to lift large rocks with both hands or similar.
- Stoneclaw Totem - An Earth Totem that attracts all projectile attacks to the totem, absorbing up to five projectiles.