Austin Smith: A male black and brown German Shepherd with blue eyes. Initially a human from Washington state, USA, Austin was somehow brought to the Four Worlds of the series. He would then become a target for the villainous Dr. Finitevus, who overheard a warning about Austin's arrival and vast knowledge of the Worlds being given to E.J. the Hedgehog and the Guardian Locke(in Return of the Werehog). As a result of this, he now views his knowledge as a burden.
Michael Smith: A male white German Shepherd with green eyes. Initially a human from Washington state, USA, Michael was somehow brought to the Four Worlds of the series. He was very close to his brother Austin, and hated Finitevus for trying to hunt him down unsuccessfully. Later, in the Prologue for The Villain's Reveal, Michael was ambushed by the mad Echidna himself and brutally attacked; left in the hospital with several broken ribs and several cracked ribs, a concussion, and a damaged windpipe. Michael would later succumb to his injuries and is now a Spirit.
Locke: An Echidna formerly of the Brotherhood of Guardians, and the father of Knuckles the Echidna(Archie). He was a Guardian up until the War of Time(taking place during StH: Issue 184), when he sacrificed his life to save Knuckles from Finitevus' plans. In the Prologue for Austin's Flight, he was confirmed to be a Spirit. Though unmentioned, he expresses a deep concern for Austin because of Finitevus' plans for the young Storm Fighter, and in Return of the Werehog, he and E.J. the Hedgehog-the son of Sonic the Hedgehog-received a warning regarding Austin's arrival to the Worlds(completely unaware that Finitevus overheard this). They were told that Austin held great knowledge, and needed to be taken to Fox the Brave immediately. In Austin's Adventures, he would guide Austin to the then unnamed Storming Base, and was later questioned by Austin in the Prologue of Austin's Flight about the Guardian's choice to keep the warning hidden. When Locke admitted to this, it badly shook Austin's faith in the Spirits in the Stars.
Storm the Buizel: A snarky Buizel from River Valley Village. Swept away by a river outside his village, he ended up in a group of evil Pokemon, but escaped when he had some sense ranted into him by a wounded spy for the Storming Alliance. He later found his lost sister Shell, and soon became good friends with Austin. Later, in Austin's Flight, Storm and Austin were picked for a failed patrol that resulted in Storm and Austin getting captured by Finitevus and Lycus' gang. Storm would later be forced to flee the Four Worlds with Austin, heading to an unknown jungle after evading Finitevus a little more.
Knuckles the Echidna(Sonic Boom): A bulky red Echidna who apparently isn't very bright. In Austin's Flight, Knuckles was tricked by Finitevus into following him under the guise of giving him a "true purpose". While he remains loyal to Finitevus as part of Lycus' Gang, Knuckles still feels somewhat friendly toward the Alliance and is truly regretful of any harm he does against his former Teammates.
Dallas Smith: A young male German Shepherd with white fur, Austin's elder son. At the end of Dallas and Dakota: Brothers Forever, Dallas was tricked by Finitevus into following him under the guise of making the Worlds "safer" for Austin and Storm to return. While initially truly loyal to Finitevus, Dallas quickly began to doubt his decision and challenged Finitevus' motives for going after Austin-to which the villainous Echidna expertly found a way to keep his motives hidden from the former Storm Fighter.
Dr. Finitevus: A mad, villainous Echidna often scorned by more neutral or good Mobians and Pokemon because of what they view to be "stupid" or "crazy" plans. Despite this, he proves to be a very real threat to the Storming Alliance, Austin Smith especially. He has become Austin's worst enemy due to his obsession with the younger Storm Fighter's knowledge of the Worlds and Austin's own paralyzing fear of Finitevus.
- Lycus: An aggressive and hateful Midnight Lycanroc with a strong hatred for Austin as well as his own father Lucas.
- Sleek: A sneaky and vindictive Salazzle. Scorned and effectively exiled from her clan, Sleek desired to seek vengeance against those she believed wronged her, ending in her making enemies with three Alolan Form Pokemon, Puck the Sandslash, Veila the Ninetales, and Hunter the Marowak.
- Silvally: A "charismatic but cruel" genderless Pokemon who can change its type at will with its Ability RKS System. While it hasn't spoken yet, it has a deep, masculine voice.
- Rory: An aggressive and mean Incineroar who turned to evil after his crush, Rita the Primarina, turned him down. His son Jake hates him as a result of his evil actions.
- Blackbelly: An antagonistic Shiny Alolan Marowak who left his old Tribe after his enemy Hunter's father, Tiral wanted to pass his leadership to his son.
Bram: A somewhat slow-witted Psyduck who sometimes hangs out with Austin and Storm.
Ice Fang: An Albino Midday Lycanroc loner who resides on a different island in the World Austin and Storm now live in. He resides atop a snowy mountain(which some believe cause his pale coloring, when it's actually natural), and acts as a mentor figure for Austin and Storm, giving them the resurgent "Shattered Storm" prophecy.
Hawk: A male Fletchling. He, along with Club and Ember, loves hearing Austin's stories of the Four Worlds, and has a great disdain for Finitevus.
Luna: A female, Shiny Midnight Lycanroc who mostly chooses to bully Austin and Storm because they aren't from the World they currently reside in. She briefly becomes Lycus' mate, and-while unmentioned-is Finnick's mate and the mother of his son Boulder.
Scorch the Solynx: A lynx-like Fire-Type Pokemon that becomes a Fire-Electric Type upon Mega Evolving(for reasons unknown). Originally antagonistic toward the two friends, he became more amicable toward them after Austin saved him from drowning despite the fact Scorch had tried to attack him before.
Ripple the Frogadier: A young male Frogadier. Saved by Austin, Storm, and Scorch as a Froakie, they named him Ripple after Riptide, a Frogadier on the Storm Fighters who is the older son of Splash the Greninja.
Totem Lycanroc: A male Midday Lycanroc who occasionally visits Austin and Storm
Ally Rockruff: Totem Lycanroc's Ally who follows his "mentor" around.
Totem Wishiwashi: A Solo Form Wishiwashi that lives at Brooklet Hill, which Austin and Storm frequently visit. Can change into School Form at will
- Ally Wishiwashi: A Solo Form Wishiwashi that is an Ally of Totem Wishiwashi
- Ally Alomomola: An Alomomola that lives at Brooklet Hill as an Ally of Totem Wishiwashi
Totem Araquanid: An Araquanid that lives at Brooklet Hill
- Ally Dewpider: A Dewpider that is an Ally of Totem Araquanid
Totem Lurantis: A Lurantis that lives in the jungle that Austin and Storm now reside in. She is quite companionable toward the two, and her Allies are good friends with them.
- Ally Trumbeak: A Trumbeak that lives in the jungle that Austin and Storm now reside in. He is good friends with the two Alliance members.
- Ally Castform: A Castform that lives in the jungle that Austin and Storm now reside in. He is good friends with the two Alliance members.
Blast: An old Midday Lycanroc loner who resides on a different island in the World Austin and Storm now live in. He later finds the two after being attacked and badly injured by Lycus' Gang. He soon dies afterward, becoming a Spirit.
Merang: A male Alolan Marowak who now leads a Tribe of Cubone and Marowak that Hunter once belonged to. He is bitter enemies with Blackbelly, and good friends with Austin and Storm.
- Club: A friendly Cubone part of Merang's Tribe. He loves hearing Austin's stories of the Four Worlds, and has a great disdain for Finitevus.
Totem Salazzle: A Salazzle who recently came into power prior to Austin and Storm's arrival, and resides at a volcano near Austin and Storm's home. Unlike Sleek, this Totem is honorable. She harbors respect for the two warriors that managed to evade Finitevus.
- Ember: A male Salandit part of Totem Salazzle's clan. He loves hearing Austin's stories of the Four Worlds, and has a great disdain for Finitevus.
The Omitted characters listed above were going to appear in the story, but didn't due to the creator's attempts to keep the story brief and not have too many characters at once. In the end, only Hawk and Bram appeared as minor characters.