Kunero Hayate, or simply "Nero" for short, is a lone wolf vigilante with a strong sense of justice. While he himself openly admits that his methods are very cold, brutal, and sometimes unorthodox, he ultimately has good intentions with everything that he does: to rid the world and beyond of darkness.
Nero is a scrawny black cat with a golden-brown trim. He has crazy neon red eyes and two wide pointy ears. His right ear has been torn halfway due to a gang-fight he was involved in a couple of years ago. He has very thick, furry, brownish gold eyebrows, as well as a rough patch of similar colored fur on his chest and stomach. He's often noted for his crazy, seemingly bloodthirsty grin, and when you combine that with his demonic-looking eyes, it usually tends to cause a lot of a general unease with those that are around him, as well as a strong feeling of distrust.
He's always seen wearing a pair rusted steel shoulderpads and some ripped up blue jeans with a brown leather belt. His shoulderpads and jeans are decorated with a series of rusted steel chains that hang downward, and his belt comes with a pair of leather gun holsters. He also has a pair of brown leather gloves and biker boots. He occasionally smokes a cigar, which often leads to a large amount of coughing on his end.
Years ago, Nero used to be a very bad individual. He was raised into a life of crime and bloodshed, and for most of his life he only really cared about himself. He would kill for the sake of killing, and steal for the sake of stealing, just for the fun of getting away with things and showing off his perceived dominance. However, one event in his life ended up changing him forever.
In recent years, while he may still seem very insane, cold, and brutal to those around him, all he wants to do is bring justice to bad people, and forever rid the world and beyond of darkness. He's occasionally known as comic relief character, always seen casually mouthing off to his enemies, even those that are significantly more powerful than him. Even during intense, serious situations, a lot of his effort simply goes towards showing off, often performing insane daredevil-like stunts that serve no actual purpose in combat, other than just to look cool.
- Kukri Knives: His signature weapon: a pair of technologically enhanced kukri knives. These curved little daggers can be used either as a melee weapon or as a projectile attack. These kukris are technologically enhanced so that they deal electric splash damage on impact with any surface. Also, when thrown at an enemy, they will immediately teleport back to his hands upon contact with the floor.
- Cleaver: An overly large cleaver sword. It has no special properties, but it's edge does have a series of many small razor-sharp spikes that make for some massive bloodshed when the sword is being slashed into the target.
- Automags: Dual semi-automatic pistols that fire as fast as he can pull the trigger, stylized with a black polymer finish and brownish-red, wooden pistol grips. It's usually loaded with armor-piercing rounds, although on occasion he uses the ever so deadly incendiary ammunition, which sets things on fire thus dealing extra damage over time.
- Shotgun: A break-action, double-barrel shotgun, often loaded with buckshot ammunition. He can choose to fire each barrel individually in a tighter, more accurate spread, or he can fire them both at once for a wider, more powerful blast
- Frag Grenades
- Energy Grenades (they stick to foes)
- Molotov Cocktails
- Smoke Bombs
- Satchel Charges
- Trip Mines
- Lock-On Missiles (super rare, only used on two occasions)
Due to the weight of the special equipment listed, he's limited to carrying only one at a time.
- Grappling Hook
- Jet Shoes
- Cloaking Device
- Hologram Projector
Nero doesn't really have any actual super-special powers that differentiate him from others, rather he simply uses his natural speed, agility, and reflexes alongside the equipment he brings into battle. He is very fast and nimble, but not to superhuman levels, rather it's just something he's gained over time. The only real "special ability" he has is that he can see well in the dark, but this only comes from him being a cat, as well as his experience with battling at night.
Nero is a glass cannon, meaning that although he can move fast and hit hard, he's insanely weak when it comes to actual durability. He always has to wait for an opening or use the element of surprise, because going in too aggressively could cost him his life.