Jack is a normally emotionless porcupine whose unfortunate past has catapulted him through a number of personality changes. Initially, this made him get uncontrollably angry when confronted with evil, which would drive him to try to stop the evil at hand regardless of the cost involved in doing so. However, after a painful experience caused by his reckless actions, Jack has started to become more reasonable, as well as obtaining greater combat proficiency.
Jack is a male porcupine with dark green fur and black eyes. His quills tend to be long, unkempt, and stick out in odd directions, as Jack only ever bothers to groom them when they directly get in his way, and then he cuts them sloppily. Jack tends to wear brown coats, shirts, pants, and boots. This clothing tends to clash, and is often in various states of disrepair, as Jack's treatment of his clothing is much like his treatment of his quills.
Jack used to spend most of his time in a state of prolonged apathy, speaking to others as little as possible and just trying to get through his day. This would only change when he saw an evil act, at which point he would become wildly angry and would try to stop the evil act at whatever cost necessary. Lately, however, Jack has become much more focused, meaning that he's much less likely to randomly become angry and is somewhat more sociable than he was before.
Strengths and Powers
Formerly, Jack's powerset consisted of super strength—which manifested itself during his bursts of rage—and faster-than-average speed. These two, combined with his tendency to act before thinking and his former lack of scruples when attempting to stop evil, made him a force to be reckoned with, though they caused severe problems for him as well.
Recently, Jack's powerset has changed drastically. While he still retains his super strength and above-average speed, he thinks more upon acting, making his acts more moral, less predictable, and less violent. Additionally, Jack now uses a bō, a two-handed staff that he can use in a variety of ways to damage opponents at close- or medium-range.
Main article: Jack the Porcupine/History
As of right now, Jack's statistics look like this:
sixstat code is
- Health: 3 – Jack's resistance do damage is about average.
- Damage: 5 – Jack's damage output is pretty high, due to his super strength and the strength of his bō. However, he doesn't possess the raw strength that he would if he were just using his fists.
- Speed: 4 – Jack is faster than average.
- Reflexes: 3 – Jack's reflexes are fairly good, but Jack intentionally suppresses them in battle to avoid doing something reckless, relying more on his thinking to achieve victory in battle.
- Intelligence: 3 – Jack can come up with reasonably good plans, but he doesn't have much practice in doing so.
- Regen: 1 – Jack isn't the best at recovering from attacks.
Before Jack started training to use his head more and his fists less, his statistics looked like this:
sixstat code is
- Health: 3 – Jack's resistance to damage was about average.
- Damage: 6 – Jack's damage output was incredibly high, due to his super strength.
- Speed: 4 – Jack was faster than average.
- Reflexes: 5 – Jack had very good reflexes, allowing him to quickly and easily defeat opponents who possessed conventional fighting styles.
- Intelligence: 0 – Jack never thought during his battles, making him unlikely to notice his enemies' weaknesses, as well as making him easy to exploit.
- Regen: 1 – Jack wasn't the best at recovering from attacks.
Jack's theme song is His World (Crush 40 Version), the lyrics of which can be seen here.
Connection to Jack
Like the rush of the wind he moves on and on and on and on and on. — Jack has incredible focus either when enraged or after training relentlessly, making him seemingly never stop moving and/or fighting in battle.
He's the fire, flame, conflicting pain. — Jack has a lot of inner emotional trauma (though this is usually only seen when he is enraged).
Untouched, uncrushed, and will remain. — Refers to either Jack surviving all the bad things in his past, or his ability to survive most attacks in the present.
Headed straight for an open door. — When fighting, Jack often takes the easiest route to victory, ignoring any better (or smarter) options that he might have. Partly negated once Jack realizes that this is detrimental to him.
He can see, and he can feel, / Without one touch, it seems unreal, — Jack's past torment unlocked hidden capabilities within himself, capabilities that might have seemed almost unimaginable had he not discovered their existence.
But it's true, the power lives inside of you, / Inside of you, yeah! — Jack's power lies entirely within himself.
In this world! (His world!) / Where compromise does not exist. — Jack just does what he thinks is necessary, and doesn't care about anyone else's preferences.
In this world! (His world!) / Never fear the fall. (Never fear the fall!) — Jack acts without thinking about possible dangers to himself.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong. / A forward push, the clock strikes strong. — Jack thought that he was invincible, but painfully discovered otherwise.
He's the tower, power, admits no shame. — Jack thinks that everything that he does is the right thing, and is quick to say so should someone say otherwise.
- Jack was originally going to be a hedgehog, but then I learned that a Jack the Hedgehog already existed. Then Jack was going to be named Jake, but then I learned that there was also a Jake the Hedgehog. This caused me to make Jack into a porcupine, which turned out fine appearance-wise since Sonic Fanon porcupines do not look that different from hedgehogs.