# 1. What inspired you to make Ivan?
- A) I'll be honest, Ivan was an idea I was playing around with when I was looking at the idea of introducing mercenaries to my content. He's a dual crossover, with a bit of his backstory and role coming from the BattleTech universe, while the species is obviously a Pokemon.
# 2. Is Ivan close to anyone in particular (lover, best friend, etc)?
- A) I'm going to go out on a limb here - Ivan is closest to his second in command, who unfortunately doesn't have a page quite yet.
# 3. If Ivan were to go up against a character like, say, Knuckles, who do you think would come out on top?
- A) I'm giving this one to Knuckles. As much as Ivan was designed for fighting with his fists, he forgets what he was planning and can't actually dodge anything. It'd be an interesting fight to watch, but Knuckles would take it in the end.
# 4. On a scale of 1-10, how important would you rank Ivan regarding his appearances in your stories?
- A) Probably about a 6. He's not central to the story for the most part, but in the overall plot he gets a bit more important in his influence on the other mercenary leaders, and in his role as a neutral character, if that makes sense.
# 5. Since you mentioned Ivan's intelligence is suppressed by fighting instincts, does that imply he's the butt of jokes about his intellect?
- A) Not so much jokes, as more a few snide remarks by other characters. When he has a plan, it's normally good, and it typically works for the other people following it. Unfortunately, every time he fights, the plan has to change from whatever he came up with to the age-old video game strategy of "protect the idiot running directly at the enemy team."
# 6. Has Ivan ever expressed wanting to become something other than a fighter?
- A) As a child, he was shown to have some skill in writing poetry, so if he wasn't a mercenary, he'd probably be off doing something creative that doesn't involve dexterity.
# 7. Finally, if Ivan had a theme song, what genre do you think would suit him best (rock, jazz, rap, etc)?
- A) I'd have to say hard rock, maybe pushing towards grunge or metal. Something about a mercenary with four arms beating people up makes me think "epic drum solos".