Guts is a genetic ability.
Guts is a passive ability; the user does not need to consciously activate it themselves. Rather, this ability is triggered when the user is affected by certain status conditions; namely poisoning, paralysis or burning.
When activated, Guts boosts the user's power by roughly 50%. However, it only boosts physical strength and physical attacks; the user's latent connection to the Chaos Force remains unchanged, and therefore their special/energy-based attacks do not become any stronger.
Guts does not counter the loss in speed and agility from being paralyzed, nor does it counter the damage-over-time effect from being poisoned or burned; however, it does nullify the drop in physical strength from being burned.
Add your character here if they possess this Genetic Ability.
- Ontager Fisk - Mobianized Ursaring
- Quick Feet - A variant that boosts agility and speed instead of offensive ability.
- Resolve - A variant that boosts defensive ability instead of offensive ability.
- Toxic Boost - A variant that operates almost the same way as Guts; however, while this genetic ability is only triggered by being poisoned, the user's connection to the Chaos Force is strengthened as well as their physical power.
- Flare Boost - A variant that operates almost the same way as Guts; however, while this genetic ability is only triggered by being burned, the user's connection to the Chaos Force is strengthened as well as their physical power.
- Facade - An Elementless physical attack whose normally moderate power doubles when the user is poisoned, paralyzed or burned. Coupled with the strength boost the user gets when Guts is activated, Facade can become a devastatingly powerful attack that outclasses even the likes of Giga Impact.
While quite useful when faced by those who wield either the Elements of Fire, Electricity or Poison, it has little use outside of those scenarios, therefore it is a mid-tier ability.
It also only boosts physical strength; users who excel in special/energy-based attacks, rather than physical ones, probably won't find much use in this genetic ability.