Finn & Sonic at the Olympic Games is a sports game and one of the titles in the Finn & Sonic Series. The game is known for being the first official crossover title to feature both Finn and Sonic, along with other characters from their respective series. The player can assume the role as one of these characters while competing against the others in numerous Olympic events as well as fantasy events.
Each character has his or her own stats. Finn & Sonic brings together the title characters and 18 more from both franchises to participate in environments based on the official venues of the Summer Olympics. These environments are stylized to fit the art styles of the Finn and Sonic series. Each playable character has their own statistics which can serve as an advantage or disadvantage depending on the event. They are divided into four categories: all-around, speed, power, and skill. All-Around isn't really its own skill, but more of just being good enough in the other categories. There is also a statistic for stamina.
The events can require a combination of speed, timing, and some strategy. Each competition offers a slight degree of difference. In the running events, for example, getting a starting boost in the 100 m dash will either make or break the player's place, while in a relay race, which can last for well over a minute, this may not determine place as effectively.
Between each character, each have their own rival as based on either mission mode or by the starting prologue. Here are the following face-offs:
- Sonic vs. Finn
- Knuckles vs. Jake
- Amy vs. Bubblegum
- Blaze vs. Flame Princess
- Shadow vs. Marceline
- Dr. Eggman vs. Ice King
- Tails vs. Lady Rainicorn
- Silver vs. Jason
- Metal Sonic vs. Leonard
- Vector vs. Ice Princess
- Marsha vs. Dark Princess
- Metal Sonic
- Dr. Eggman
- All Around
- All Around
In addition, Cream, Espio and Charmy act as referees in both all versions.
- All Around
- Princess Bubblegum
- Ice Princess
- Lady Rainicorn
- Flame Princess
- Ice King
- Dark Princess
In addition, BMO, Peppermint Butler, and Hunson Abadeer and act as referees in all versions.
- Peppermint Butler
- Hunson Abadeer
- All females appear to be wearing different outfits from their regular outfits from their series.
- All Adventure Time characters have been recreated into animal models and they are now:
- Finn = Hedgehog
- Jake = Dog
- Princess Bubblegum = Hedgehog
- Marceline = Bat
- Flame Princess = Hedgehog
- Ice Princess = Echidna
- Lady Rainicorn = Unicorn
- Jason = Chameleon
- Leonard = Cat
- Ice King = Hedgehog
- Marsha may be from Adventure Time but she's also apart of Team Sonic. So, her team is uncertain.
- In the aquatic events, Sonic wears a life jacket, since he can't swim.
- In aquatic events, due to being made of fire, Flame Princess can't be played.
- Also, Marsha also wears a life jacket, since she can't swim.
- Some of the Adventure Time characters other the the playable 10 are seen within the game.
- In some events (such as the fencing event, 10M Platform, and the Triple Jump) Hunson Abadeer (as a bat as well) as a referee.
- In Silver's artwork for this game, he's missing his tail.
- Marsha's artwork has the same pose as Shadow from Sonic 06.