|Knuckles' Chaotix: Elements of Power Christmas Special #2|
Number of Chapters
5 (including the two split chapters)
November 29, 2012.
December 30, 2012.
Elements of Power Christmas Special #2 is yet another story in SolarBlaze's episodic fanfic series, Knuckles' Chaotix: Elements of Power. It is a direct sequel to the first Christmas Special, and serves as yet another "filler" saga, taking place after the unfinished fourth and fifth episodes. This story is notable for introducing Syndra, who was originally meant to debut in the latter story.
Taking place one year after the previous Christmas Special, Cream and Vanilla decide to have another Christmas gathering, and invite their friends over. Somewhere along the way, Metal Sonic Version 3.0 makes an unexpected, dramatic appearance. Shortly after his arrival, he immediately begins targeting Vanilla, of all people! Why has Metal Sonic 3.0 come, and for what reason is he after her?
Cast of Characters
- Tikal the Echidna
- Splash, the Goddess of Water
- Slush, the Goddess of Ice
- EG-002/Seedra, the Goddess of Leaves
- EG-003/Shock, the Goddess of Lightning
- EG-004/Storm, the Goddess of Wind
- EG-005/Silvra, the Goddess of All Elements
- Mecha Amy
- Honey the Cat
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Professor Porkenstein
- Tiara Boobowski
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Cheese and Chocola
- Big the Cat
- Blaze the Cat
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Marine the Raccoon
- Bark the Polar Bear
- Oceana, the Goddess of Waves
- Frostina, the Goddess of Snow
- Luna the Porchidna
- Syndra, the Goddess of Lava*
Villains & Neutrals/Anti-Heroes
- Metal Sonic Version 4.0
- Metal Blaze (Elements of Power)
- Parallel Goddess Experiments
- Scorch, the Goddess of Fire
- EG-001/Squash, the Goddess of Stone
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Rouge the Bat
- E-123 Omega
- Metal Sonic
- Metal Sonic Version 3.0
- Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper
- Bean the Dynamite
Note: The "*" next to certain characters' names means that they were not featured in the previous episode.
References to Past Stories
- This story is notable for being the only one in the Elements of Power series that did not feature Dr. Robotnik.
- On a somewhat related note, this marks one of two stories in the Elements of Power series (with The Goddess of Destruction being the first) where Dr. Nega did not make an appearance.
- Although this was not the first Elements of Power story to exclude Mephiles, this is the only one where neither he, Iblis, nor Solaris were mentioned in any way, shape, or form.
- Originally, SolarBlaze had no intention of writing a second Christmas Special, due to how hectic he found things to be while writing the first one. However, once he pondered about the possibilities of a sequel, it became harder for him to resist the urge.
- On a related note to the above, this story's plot was actually planned out from the start, unlike the first one's, which was entirely improvised.
- The new character, Syndra, was originally intended to debut in the fifth Elements of Power episode, Chronological Chaos (which has not been started yet, due to the fourth episode still being in progress). However, since the events of EoP Christmas Special #2 were set to take place after both of those stories, SolarBlaze decided to have her appear earlier than originally planned.
- Sometime during the story's development, SolarBlaze once considered getting permission to add some of Azuroru and BluesManZero's Number Line and EG Set 1 characters, but ended up deciding against it, since he was unsure of how they would fit in the story.