Hello, fans of the Sonic Universe. My name is Eleanor May the Hedgehog. I'm the personification of Ellie the Demon, the main character of the series of fanfictions: Child of Chaos, and I happen to be the aforementioned Child of Chaos.
I was born in a hospital in our own universe. I grew up with a mother named Lorraine Susan Gentry, a father named Elliot Preston Carter, and a younger sister named Samantha Carter. Life was average, until we found that my father was NOT the best man to be a father. And I'll just leave it at that. When I was 8... 9 years old, my mother had enough and she, along with Sam and myself, and left my father for a new life.
Leaving for a New Life
After a couple of years of living with a friend, my mother met our step-father, Stephen Henderson. Life was not doing very well, so when I reached 15 years old, me, my mother, step-father and younger sister decided to sell everything and immigrated to Alberta, Canada. We've been there for 12 years and life has finally gone well for us.
Coming to the Sonic Universe
Many years have passed and Sam and I have just heard that the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie was coming to theaters. Being fans of Sonic the Hedgehog since we can remember, Sam and I went to the theaters to see it. The movie ended and we were about to leave the theater room, until I heard Chao singing. Like it was coming from around me.
Then, upon the theater screen, appeared a pair of glowing green eyes and the Chaos Emeralds appeared. A familiar voice whispered and the whole room was engulfed in bright, burning white flames. Sam and I tried to escape, but the flames caught us and...
When I woke up, I found myself in a testing tube, in the laboratory waking up to a world of oily shadows and a voice telling me that every shadow I met was my enemy and that I must use my abilities to kill them, before they kill me. It was during training that I found I had a powerful connection with the elements of nature and had powerful psychic powers.
It was during my master's discovery of an ancient island with a powerful power source. It was coming from a large gemstone, which I recognized was the all powerful Master Emerald, and it was my mission to find the Master Emerald, so my master could launch his space station into the orbit.
During my mission, I entered a large garden with a bunch of small oily shadows. I was about to attack them, but something was stopping me. Like my body had a mind of its own. My heart was aching, my blood was running cold, my guts was churning like crazy and a headache was throbbing in my head. My body was overwhelmed by some power and I was free to decide not to harm these small shadows.
After a while during my mission, one of the oily shadows hit me hard in the head and I was able to see the world for what it really was... I found that I was under the control of Dr. Eggman and the oily shadows weren't enemies, but innocents that I scared into submission. The oily shadow that hit my head was Knuckles the Echidna, and, realizing that I wasn't in control of my actions, Knuckles befriended me and I made a vow to make it up the innocents that I attacked, and I became the Guardian of the Chao.
You... Wish to know what I look like? Alright then...
Well, I look like Sonic the Hedgehog, but more feminine. Azure blue fur with pale peach muzzle and inner ears. My quills are similar to Sonic's from Sonic Boom, due to spending a lot of time outside. I have back quills as well. I don't wear gloves or shoes because they cut me off from the elements I control.
My hazel-near green eyes are separated with small lashes, not like Sonic's or Amy's.
I wear a black sports bra under a blue and white vest coat and blue cargo shorts. Again, no gloves and no shoes.
And there you have it. That's what I look like.
Personality and Traits
Eleanor is kind, generous and compassionate, good to have around during a crisis as she knows how to remain calm and take control of the situation until it is resolved. Ellie is very caring and nurturing to others, however she has a habit of neglecting her own needs while giving to others. She is very intelligent and loves to learn.
Eleanor tends to wear her heart on her sleeve, she feels anger intensely and joy quite well, but her sadness is silent and hardly, if ever, marked by tears. She hardly lets her rage control her and cheerfully remarks on the things that make her happy, but hardly says a word in her sadness, though it is visible to everyone. However, though she may feel sad, she never gives in to despair, always looking for a solution the right way. Her determination and little regard for pain can make her a powerful force to be reckoned with. Due to her calm nature, Eleanor is capable of keeping her emotions under control.
Alongside, Ellie is gracious and well-mannered, knowing just the right things to say and do. Although she doesn't look it, Ellie has high moral standards and doing the right thing is important to her, along with being a loyal friend and a faithful partner, gentle but not passionate.
Although strong-willed and loyal, Ellie is a good listener and can view others problems with empathy, clarity and a balanced analysis, seeing both sides while showing respect and caring. In short, Eleanor is generally frank, fairly sociable, but preferring peace at any price. She can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, and run the risk of being exploited by others. She may appear to be innocent and naive but she is actually quite streetwise and astute - she can read others well, but often keeps it to herself.
Powers and Abilities
- Chaos/Nature Manipulation: Being born with Chaos Energy infused with her DNA, Eleanor is capable of manipulating to the energies of Chaos to her will, such as time and space. Her Chaos Energy takes the form of manipulating the forces of nature and the elements connected to it. Earth, plants, water, fire, wind, light, darkness, ect. Hence why her nicknames are the North Wind and Street Nymph.
- Enhanced Hearing: Although they don't look it, Eleanor has very sensitive ears, that are capable of picking the sound of a pin dropping three miles away from her position. With her hearing, Ellie is also capable of picking up changes in a person's voice, even the tiniest change. This ability annoys Ellie, due to her fear of thunderstorms and sudden loud noises.
- Omni-Psionics: The ability to possess all existing psychic/mental/psionic powers. This power was inherited to Ellie by her mother. When Ellie uses this power, her body glows in a pastel azure.
- Immortality: The ability to never die. Due to being part Chaos, Eleanor is immortal and does not physically age and is presumably immune to disease.
- Ninjutsu: The ability to use Ninjutsu, the historic style of martial arts, tactics, strategy, and espionage of unconventional and guerrilla warfare.
- Teleportation/Teleport Dash: The ability to move instantaneously from one location to another without physically occupying the space in between. And The ability to combine high speed with teleportation ignoring normal rules. This is a form of Eleanor's psychokinesis. But, she can only teleport to places she's already been to.
- Precognitive Dreaming: The ability to perceive the future via dreams.
- Grinding: The ability to balancing on a rail-like objects to gain speed and momentum with ease.
- Levitation/Flight/High-Speed Flight: As part of her psychokinesis, Eleanor is capable to fly without any outside influence. As well as able to fly as speeds rival to Sonic and Shadow.
- Enhanced Investigation: The ability to possess unnaturally great and finely-tuned investigative prowess.
- Hacking/Mechanical Intuition: The ability to possess intuitive in hacking machinery and technological systems. And to have an innate understanding of mechanics with little or no study.
- Rocket Accel: The ability to launch herself forward at an otherwise unreachable speed with a forceful push from her teammates
- Free Running: The art of expressing oneself in her environment without limitation of movement.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic and Ellie get along like best friends. Although he was very skeptical of her at first. However, she proved him wrong, when he looked into her eyes, finding that she was controlled by Dr. Robotnik/Eggman. Now, Sonic treats Ellie like a member of his group, despite being different. They share quite a lot in common; such as having a need for speed, loving adventures and their love for freedom and justice. As Sonic and Ellie got to know each other better and saved the world numerous times, Sonic has been developing a crush on Ellie, but Ellie is slightly oblivious. The reason behind her obliviousness is that she's been developing a crush on Sonic as well, but she is too afraid to say anything, or if Sonic feels the same way.
Miles 'Tails' Prower
Ellie and Tails have a brother-sister relationship. He was the first person to accept her as a friend, other than Knuckles, after being rescued in Marble Garden. Ellie treats Tails like a little brother and tries her best to keep him safe. Tails and Ellie share a bit in common as well; their skills with machines and computers, and create a friendly and fun competing sibling rivalry.
Knuckles the Echidna
Ellie and Knuckles share a close brother-sister relationship. Knuckles found Ellie on his Island, near the Altar of the Emeralds. At first, Knuckles was very hostile to Ellie, until she proved to him that she means no harm to the Master Emerald, and left the Altar to live in the Chao Garden, becoming their Guardian. They became good friends and visited each other from time-to-time, until Eggman (Robotnik at that time) came and persuaded Knuckles that he was good and Sonic was bad. Eleanor saw through Eggman's lie and decided to go against Knuckles and help Sonic. She tried to reason with Knuckles, but he didn't listen, until it was too late. After the incident with the Death Egg, Knuckles and Ellie become best friends and Knuckles promised that he would seek her if he needs advice on believing Eggman again.
Amy doesn't quite get along with Eleanor, as she's (Amy) noticed Sonic's crush on her (Eleanor). So she considered her a rival for Sonic's affection. Eleanor does try to be Amy's friend, but this one-sided rivalry stops her. As a result, Amy insults and bullies Ellie every chance she gets, such as make fun of her back-quills, her fur color and her knuckle-spikes. Eleanor may look like she's unfazed, but Amy's bullying is taking a toll on her. And Sonic doesn't like it.
Cream the Rabbit
Cream sees Eleanor as an older sister, as she keeps her safe from extreme danger and goes to great lengths to keep the little rabbit happy. Cheese admires Ellie's selfless acts, although it could also be that he knows Ellie is his species Guardian.