Dr. Janice Scavenger is a scientist condor who turns people and creatures into robot-mutant hybrids. She despises Erica Sakura with a passion, and isn't above trying to destroy her to accomplish her goals.
Janice, as a young girl, always wanted to be a scientist. Her main goal as a scientist was to create mutations/robotic enhancements that could improve the lives of the people and creatures around her. She became obsessed with her work, and eventually used her experiments for her own gain. As she slowly went insane, she would use her creations to try to get what she wanted, when she wanted it.
After Erica Sakura found out about Dr. Scavenger's society of robotic mutants, she tried to free some of the test subjects that were captured for experimentation, and appropriately became Dr. Scavenger's nemesis.
Dr. Scavenger is manipulative, cunning, cruel, and ruthless. At the same time, she will show a slightly softer side if the situation calls (and it rarely does). She's obsessive and insane. She can be comedic from time to time, and is quite idiodic and clumsy when she is.
Dr. Scavenger's feathers are maroon, and her eyes are red. Her outfit is dark blue, black, and purple, with purple pants and black shoes. She wears a monocle.
Throughout her life, Janice has created many robo-mutant minions. These are her major minions.:
Sheldon is robo-mutant oyster. He uses metal-infused pearls as ammuntion, and can attack by clamping down on enemies. He is voiced by Ikue Ohtani in Japanese and Lisa Ortiz in English.
Veronica Vulture is a robo-mutant vulture. She is the most common enemy in the games, and she simply divebombs enemies. She is voiced by Akeno Watanabe in Japanese and Rob Paulsen in English.
Gogo in Japan is a robo-mutant gorilla. He uses a lance that resembles a banana. He is voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi in Japanese and Lee Tockar in English.
Bruno is a robo-mutant bulldog. She charges into enemies head-first, and sometimes has a drill bit on her tail. She is voiced by Romi Park in Japanese and Cree Summer in English.
Dr. Scavenger is voiced by Kujira in Japanese and Jaleel White in English. Here are some things she would say.:
"Where is my Robo-Mutagen Contraption!?"
"Bruno, have you captured...that Seedrian yet?"
"V.V., bring me the test subjects!"
"You...destroyed my lab...Well, crap. You win this time."
- Dr. Scavenger and her robo-minions are voiced by previous Sonic-based voice actors.:
- Jaleel White, the English voice for Dr. Scavenger, is known for voicing Sonic the Hedgehog himself in the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons (as well as his siblings in Sonic Underground). Kujira, Scavenger's Japanese voice, voiced Ellen on Sonic X.
- Cree Summer, the English voice for Bruno, is known for voicing Dulcy the Dragon in Sonic SatAM.
- Lisa Ortiz and Ikue Ohtani, the English and Japanese voices for Sheldon, are known for voicing Amy Rose and Lumina Flowlight, respectively.
- Kappei Yamaguchi, the Japanese voice for Gogo, is also known for voicing Sonic the Hedgehog himself in the Japanese dub of the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons.
- Dr. Scavenger and her minion Veronica Vulture are voiced by men in English, unlike other female characters made by YoungOtakuNerd.
- Gogo's name is based on Aiai, the Japanese name for Coconuts and the main character of Super Monkey Ball.
- In television media, Bruno and Veronica act as Dr. Scavenger's top minions, similar to Scratch and Grounder.
- In the earlier days of Pokemon, it was thought that Snubull (before it got its official name) was going to be called "Bruno", and it was considered a "PokeGod"; an all-powerful Pokemon that is supposedly hard to obtain (and is usually a misunderstanding of a normal Pokemon or a completely made-up Pokemon). This was the inspiration for Dr. Scavenger's minion Bruno.
- Bruno has a bolt on her face that somewhat resembles a mole or beauty mark.
- Gogo's name was originally going to be changed to "Bananas" in English, but this was rejected.
- It was originally a reference to the Badnik Coconuts, who's Japanese name was Aiai.
- Veronica is voiced by Marc Silk in British broadcats of the Erica Sakura anime; she mostly sounds the same, but with a vague British accent.