The author of Blue Blur: Curse of Mobius considers this page to be unfinished. As such, some sections may change.
|Blue Blur: Curse of Mobius|
Mac the Writer (a.k.a. Darkchaos2795)
Blue Blur: Curse of Mobius is the first entry in the entire Blue Blur animated saga. It's written and created by Mac the Writer, and it's loosely based on the video game franchise Sonic the Hedgehog by Sega, specifically Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic SatAM. This is the franchise-starter of the series, as it's made to have a series that the broken Sonic fanbase can enjoy peacefully without arguing over each other.
The story was well-received by the SFW community, enough to be nominated for Best Fanfiction of Summer 2015, and later the Best Fanfiction of Summer 2016. Juely, a long-time user of the Sonic Fanon Wiki, praised the departure from the typical Sonic formula, and can relate to the development of the series, being inspired by BloodRunsClear's video. Williamcost praised the plot for being "awesome", and echoing Juely's words by praising the plot for having darker elements that's different from the game it's based on. The saga, in itself, was nominated for Best Fanfiction at the Summer of 2015 and 2016 SFW Awards, but lost to The Return: Prologue and Darkness Trigger: Surge of Shadows. Nevertheless, the positive reception and nomination for both awards was enough for Mac to return to the SFW community to continue on his projects and rework on them.
The story takes place in the 23rd Century, when Dr. Julian Kintobor (now known as Dr. Robotnik) invaded all of planet Mobius. While all hope seemed lost for all Mobians, a blue blur swept by and freed many Mobians to remind them that they can still fight back. That blue blur is named Sonic the Hedgehog.
Sonic, alongside his trusty sidekick Cosmo, build a refugee in Knothole Forest with the help of the freed civilians to bring liberated slaves of Robotnik to a safe haven. Every now and then, Sonic would visit Robotropolis, the capital of the Robotnik Empire, to "crash the party", as he would say it, and gain the sense of speed and adventure from being daring, alongside knowing bits of Robotnik's plans and next moves. However, one plan that he glanced over would seal the fate of Mobius for the worse if he doesn't act now.
One day, Robotnik's assistant Tails, alongside his companion Scratch and Grounder, went on a manhunt on Sonic outside of Robotropolis when Tails improvised his plan and kidnapped Cosmo to force Sonic in Robotropolis and have him killed there. However, upon being assigned by Robotnik to guard Cosmo on her cell, he was conflicted by his motivations upon talking to her. Cosmo, after pleading to be free, asked about Robotnik and how he became Tails' adoptive father. After severe flashback about Robotnik killing his former family, he freed Cosmo and told her to run away.
Meanwhile, Sonic ran past every SWAT-Bots he fought, and upon reaching the main base, he met up with Cosmo. Tails was called upon by Robotnik to defeat Sonic where he stood, though despite fighting the blue hedgehog on a mech, he lost the battle. However, Cosmo stopped her big brother from finishing Tails off, claiming that Tails was the one who helped her out of her cell. So Sonic, after telling Cosmo to get to Knothole Village, went to the main base to fight Robotnik and learn more about his plans.
While Sonic got in the base, only to not encounter Robotnik but instead one of his BOSS-Bots known as the Boss Cerberus, Cosmo and Tails were planning to head out of Robotropolis, though Tails was hesitant because of how Robotnik could behead him if he betrayed him. But all that's too late when Robotnik caught Cosmo again. When Cosmo was dragged to a Roboticizer close to where they were standing, Tails, out of impulse, destroyed the robot that was dragging Cosmo to save her life. Robotnik asked out of rage on why Tails saved her life when he was assigned to capture her and nothing else, Tails could only mutter "I'm sorry" before taking Cosmo with him and running away to Knothole Village.
So after Tails and Cosmo reached a river on Knothole Forest, and Sonic defeated the Boss Cerberus and was forced to retreat after finding a Chaos Emerald from the computer room, all three met each other on said river. Tails, after seeing Sonic holding a Chaos Emerald, explained to the two about Robotnik's plan to collect all seven Chaos Emeralds and take over the entire universe with the power of these jewels. So Sonic, Cosmo and Tails went on the search for the seven Chaos Emeralds to prevent Robotnik from collecting all of them.
Meanwhile, Robotnik unleashed a menacing robot that was built to replicate Sonic in every way, named Hyper Metal Sonic. He tested it in Angel Island to steal the Master Emerald and bring darkness to Mobius. Metal Sonic arrived at Angel Island, and successfully stole the Master Emerald under the nose of the Guardian named Knuckles the Echidna. When Angel Island fell to the ocean near South Island, Knuckles was forced to exit the Island to search for the Master Emerald and bring it back to the Island to restore light. When Robotnik heard that Hyper Metal Sonic's mission was successful, one of the SWAT-Bots warned him that Sonic, Cosmo and Tails were after the Chaos Emeralds.
After the trio got their hands on the first Chaos Emerald, which was green, they were attacked by Knuckles, who mistakenly identified Sonic as the one who took away the Master Emerald (even misinterpreting the Chaos Emerald for a Master Emerald piece). When Knuckles was about to kill Sonic, he was saved by Amy and Sticks, who drove Knuckles away because of him being outnumbered. Because of that, Sonic accepted Amy and Sticks to join him, Cosmo and Tails on the hunt for the Chaos Emeralds. When Knuckles heard that while hiding, he went off to wait until Sonic was separated from the other four.More to come soon...
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- The self-proclaimed Hero of Mobius, Sonic is a fast-thinking, adventure-loving speedy hedgehog who would always pick a fight on Robotnik for the excitement and for the sake of going fast. Cosmo, his sidekick and adoptive sister, claims that there's still a bit of Nicky Needlemouse in him, but who's this Nicky Needlemouse she's speaking of?
- He's voiced by Jaleel White.
- Cosmo the Seedrian
- Sonic’s sidekick, Cosmo is a caring, kind-hearted Seedrian who assists Sonic on every adventure to help him in situations he can't solve himself. With the power of Solar Energy at her disposal, she's capable of defeating robots with ease and without physical contact, and she can levitate in mid-air and give Sonic a lift. Although she claims to have no memories past landing on Mobius when she was a child, her incredible power might suggest something else...
- She's voiced by Tara Strong.
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- The assistant of Dr. Robotnik who's just as intelligent as his adoptive father, Tails is a snarky, smart-mouthed two-tailed fox who would build SWAT-Bots and assist Robotnik on his assault on Sonic to prove that he is a worthy son of his. However, when he gets to know Cosmo more and more, he might have a change of heart and learn the truth behind Robotnik...
- He's voiced by Nicolas Hoult.
- Knuckles the Echidna
- The Guardian of Angel Island, Knuckles is a short-tempered and dense echidna who's sole duty is to protect the Master Emerald at all cost. Nothing else matters to him. When Metal Sonic broke the Master Emerald to pieces and got Angel Island to fall to the ocean, he went out to search for every individual pieces that fell across Mobius. When he mistook Sonic for Metal Sonic, he's on the constant chase to kill Sonic, believing that he was responsible for breaking the Master Emerald. Though the more he roams across Mobius, the more he learns about the world around him...
- He's voiced by Dan Green.
- Amy Rose the Rascal
- The tomboyish hammer-wielding warrior, Amy can be described as the opposite of Sonic; aside from pink to blue and boy to girl, Amy thinks first before attacking whereas Sonic acts before thinking, Amy prefers guerrilla strategy while Sonic is more of a "hit-and-run" guy, etc. Compare to Sonic, Amy is vulnerable without her Piko-Piko Hammer, which is her weapon of choice. When not battling, she cooks food for the team, strolls around Knothole Forest, and secretly enjoys watching comedy-romance films.
- She's voiced by Daisy Ridley.
- Sticks the Badger
- Wild, unpredictable and insane, Sticks is the sidekick of Amy and a wildlife Mobian who only recently became Amy's partner. Similar to Amy, Sticks doesn't use her hands or feet to attack, but rather her boomerang, which is capable of instantly growing to a massive size, enough to cut a SWAT-Bot heavy in half. Despite the sheer strength of her weapon, she has a rather low self-esteem, and can only fight properly whenever Amy is right beside her.
- She's voiced by Nikka Futterman.
- Vangelis the Dark Chao
- A recently born Chao from the hidden Chao Garden, Vangelis is a young, naive Chao and the newly-formed companion of Tails ever since he hatched from an egg. Tails named him after the renowned Modern Greek musician of the same name because, before Robotnik adopted him and turned him into his apprentice and second-in-command, he always wanted to become a musician, and he was once fascinated with Vangelis' work from Earth. Vangelis may be very reliant on Tails throughout the entire journey, but he won't hesitate to help him and his other friends from danger, and makes for a solid companion of Tails.
- He has no voice actor playing him for the role. Instead, audio clips of the Chao from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were reused for Vangelis' voice, alongside the other Chao.
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik
- Formerly known as Julian Kintobor, and often mockingly named by Sonic and Cosmo as Dr. Eggman, Dr. Robotnik is not only the founder of the roboticist cult, but the dictator of Mobius and the owner of the Robotnik Empire. He's on the hunt for the Blue Blur, and would make countless plans to remove Sonic's head from his shoulders in order to keep his legacy safe. He also wanted to conquer the entire universe with the Chaos Emeralds to turn every living being to robots. Despite having the technology to do so, Sonic endlessly thwarts his plans to the point that he's far from achieving his menacing goal.
- He's voiced by Patrick Stewart.
- Hyper Metal Sonic
- The duplicate of the Blue Blur himself, and the most feared robot in the Robotnik Empire, he was created by Tails in order to match every skills, powers and abilities that Sonic has. Little did Tails know that Metal Sonic was also created to replace him in case he betrayed Robotnik. Hyper Metal Sonic can do almost everything that Sonic can do: he can go as fast as him, can perform the Spin Dash and Homing Attack, etc. But despite being a copy of Sonic, he refuses to believe he is that, and thinks that he is the real Sonic.
- He's voiced by Jim Cummings.
- Scratch and Grounder
- Tails' former two assistants before his betrayal, Scratch is the over-confident and loud-mouthed brain of the two, and Grounder is the dense and whiny tool of the two. Ever since Tails joined Sonic and Cosmo in the Freedom Fighters, they were forced to become assistants of Dr. Robotnik, which they felt is not the same as serving Tails. It didn't help that Hyper Metal Sonic, Tails' replacement, did his job a lot more than Scratch and Grounder could ever hope to achieve.
- They're voiced by Phil Hayes and Garry Chalk, respectively.
- Cliff is a laid-back, down-to-earth leader of Knothole Village who helps the residents around and gives support to Sonic, Cosmo, and later Tails. He's able to carefully plan ahead, he's very chill no matter the situation, and he never drops his promise from anyone. He's always there for everyone no matter what happens.
- He's voiced by Morgan Freeman.
- A failed prototype of Scratch and Grounder, Q-N-C serves as the assistant of Cliff in his governing job. He projects plans through his monitor to demonstrate to Sonic and Cosmo on where to head to next. He's fast-talking, has low self-esteem, and is always next to Cliff simply because he's not too confident in himself.
- He's voiced by Rob Paulsen.
- Perci is a sarcastic and flirtatious messenger of Knothole Village who would give necessary information to Sonic. There were also hints that she might, might had a relationship with Sonic, though it wasn’t perfectly clear.
- She's voiced by Zoe Saldana.
- Earl/Foreman Fred
- Earl is the engineer of Knothole Village, who built machines to protect Knothole Village from more minor dangers. If his machines aren't enough, that's when Sonic and Cosmo steps in. He's smart yet doesn't brag about it, he tries to make his best efforts even though he's not very confident in himself, and overall, he's sort-of the every-man, despite his huge role.
- He's voiced by Jason Griffith.
- Salty and Pepper
- Two huge sailors and brothers, Salty and Pepper never got along ever since they were children. They were saved by Sonic and Cosmo from roboticization, but they blame against each another (not the two together) for their kidnapping. When not bickering against each other, they provide Sonic and Cosmo with needed vehicles, like airplanes and boats, to travel to Robotnikland through different matters.
- They're both voiced by Dave Bautista.
- Leroy the Turtle
- A lazy tech-savy turtle heavily armed with puns, Leroy serves as the radio announcer who aids Perci as the one who passes the message through different matters. He’s also an expert hacker, who can help Sonic and Cosmo by sending viruses onto Robotnik’s robots and computers. He’s also responsible for rearranging Q-N-C’s CPU to hold the purpose as Cliff’s assistant.
- He's voiced by Bill Farmer.
- Chief Woody
- A very nitpicky yet perfect chef, Woody is the cook of the village who provides food for all villagers, especially newcomers who were recently rescued. His nitpicky nature is what allows him to make the greatest food in Mobius.
- He's voiced by John Ratzenberger.
The soundtrack retains the score by Steve Jablonsky from the older version, albeit from a different movie, and it also gains a new soundtrack, that being the entire album In Silico by Pendulum.
- Propane Nightmare
- Midnight Runner
- The Other Side
- 9,000 Miles
- The Tempest
- Propane Nightmare (Celldweller Remix)
- The Island Awaits You
- Where Do These Tubes Go?
- Sector 6
- Agnate Ukuleles
- You Have a Special Purpose in Live
- I'm Not Ready to Die
- This Tongue Thing's Amazing
- Mass Winnings
- The Craziest Mess I've Ever Seen
- Send In the Clones
- My Name is Lincoln
Curse of Mobius also has a few trailer music going for, even though, as of now, only one of them is more prevailed (and that's in the older version of the fanfiction, no less). Here are the list of them planned out so far:
- Open Your Heart (Crush 40 vs. Circuit Freq Remix) - Old Teaser Trailer
- Leave You Far Behind by Lunatic Calm - New Teaser Trailer
- Hell Yeah by Rev Theory - Theatrical Trailer #1
- Hammerhead by The Offspring - Theatrical Trailer #2
- Supermoves by Overseer - Final Trailer
Trailer Video (Old)
A very old teaser trailer for Blue Blur: Curse of Mobius made in 2013. It is, nevertheless, the most relevant trailer so far for the project. However, it will be replaced by a new teaser trailer once said trailer is made and published.