A Sub-boss of the Soumerca Egg Army, Avalaine the Eagle manages the Jade Fortress Egg Base, and leads the regiment of Soumerca Egg Soldiers stationed there. She is directly below Soumerca Egg Boss Thunderbolt the Chinchilla in terms of rank.
A physically fit and somewhat curvy harpy eagle who barely stands above four feet tall, Avalaine has a medium-length beak that is sharply curved at the tip with a jagged point just behind it, two fairly long, ear-like tufts of feathers extending from her head, as well as more feathers forming a large 'tuft' and hairpiece, and medium-length tail-feathers that are somewhat rounded at the tips. Her upper body, arms, and hands are Cyberized, and she has retractable steel talons.
Her feathers are primarily gainsboro in color, with battleship gray tips to her 'hair', forehead tuft, 'ear' tufts, eye markings, and tail stripes, while her neck and arms are also battleship gray in color. Her eyes are green sheen in color, and her beak is X11 gray in color.
A surprisingly strong opponent in a physical sense, Avalaine, thanks to the Cybernetic enhancements in her upper body and arms as well as her natural strength (surprisingly high for a bird), is able to lift almost 1,500 lbs. above her head, and the Cybernetics in her hands give her a powerful grip; additionally, she has retractable steel talons hidden in her fingers that make for deadly weapons.
Being an eagle, she is capable of flight; she's not significantly faster in the air, but she has great flight stamina and decent maneuverability in the air. Her beak is sharp and powerful, allowing her to deliver punishing bites that can easily tear through unprotected flesh, and she also has a highly keen sense of both sight and hearing.
She is also capable of aerokinesis, and is quite skilled with it; she prefers to use it for close-to-medium range combat, edging her overall combat style into one that focuses on moving fast and dishing out a flurry of quick, hard blows to overwhelm the opponent, even using her aerokinesis to enhance her physical attacks with sharply concentrated gales of wind. However, she can use it at a longer range, typically by generating a multitude of wind "needles" to pepper her foes from afar, or even generate a localized twister if she puts enough power and concentration into it. Exceptionally powerful energy-based skills of the Wind alignment, like Aeroblast and Hurricane, are a bit out of her current reach; however, it's very possible she could learn these skills with extensive training.
Avalaine is relatively resistant to the Elements of Wind and Nature (her Wind resistance is somewhat higher, however); she can turn away or even outright nullify gaseous or particle-based abilities with her aerokinesis, as well. She is quite fast, and can easily outpace slower foes and evade their attacks.
Avalaine is weak to the Elements of Earth and Electricity. Her defenses aren't anything special (although her durability is a bit higher), therefore she mostly relies on her agility to try and evade potentially devastating attacks, or she'll try to overwhelm the foe with melee strikes before they can take her out. Being a manipulator of wind, having her limbs restricted in any way nullifies her aerokinesis.
Friends and Foes
- The Eggman Empire -
- Razer the Fox - While not an actual ally of the Eggman Empire by any means, Razer and Avalaine still share a common enemy in the form of poachers and those who would needlessly damage the environment. She is highly aware of the fox's budding friendship with Bidane (and even moreso), and supports it entirely.
- Viridian Jungle Freedom Fighters -
- The Silver Huntsmen -
- Marvin the Hawk - Avalaine's ex-boyfriend, the two had only dated for a few days when Marvin showed his true colors by abusing a wild animal with his taser rifle. She wasted no time in breaking it off with him, even threatening to harm him if she ever saw him again.
- Ariel the Crow - While not biologically related, Avalaine still considers Ariel to be a younger sibling. She is extremely attached to the girl, who had been abandoned by her family and left to rot in an orphanage for delinquents, before finally escaping and coming across Avalaine.
- Marvin the Hawk - Avalaine's ex-boyfriend, the two had only dated for a few days when Marvin showed his true colors by abusing a wild animal with his taser rifle. She wasted no time in breaking it off with Marvin, even threatening to harm him if she ever saw him again. To this day, she admits that she would like to see the hawk again, if only because she wants to tear him apart with her bare hands.
A passionate and strong-willed woman, Avalaine is not passive when it comes to working towards her goals. Around strangers, she tends to be a bit standoffish and blunt, and it takes her a while to warm up to them. While she still maintains a bit of a blunt nature around her friends, she is significantly less cold around them, and cares for them deeply. She is particularly attached to Ariel, a young crow who had all but been abandoned by her family, and Splash, a female Fluminato that had been rescued from a bear trap.
Avalaine's ire is easy to arouse, and a few specific things are guaranteed to send her into a rage; people who deliberately harm the environment and its inhabitants, people harming Ariel or Splash, and the mere sight of Marvin.
- Avalaine's 'surprising' level of physical strength is based on her species. Harpy eagles are known as one of the largest and strongest birds of prey in the world, and adult females in particular are known for being capable of carrying prey items weighing three or four kilograms back to their nest.