Good afternoon everyone,
As many of you may or may not know, we have had a media player template for a while that allowed users to autoplay music on their pages for the intent of customization and in order to invoke mood and suspense while reading characters, fanfiction, or roleplays.
Because of a recent discussion, we've made several updates on the MPC template in order to benefit user experience and friendliness, and so to not have users needlessly get the shit scared out of them.
Here are the improvements that we've made on said templates.
- They will no longer autoplay.
- Height can no longer be customized.
- Template now floats in lower left corner of screen.
- Being as their height is fixed, you can now play, pause, and seek through your media.
If you have an issues to report regarding the new MPC template design such as display errors or potential standards violations (covering page contents, being used to shown illicit content), please report them to Akrivus or another admin so they may be fixed.
Now, moving onward, it must be necessary to now establish guidelines regarding future usage of media templates not only limited to the MPC template itself. Our policies are flexible enough to accommodate such guidelines without complete adoption and as such I will be posting them for reference to be used by any admin, moderator, or user who sees any potential misuse being carried out.
Media templates will not be tolerated for the following uses:
- Using autoplay features. This will no longer be tolerated.
- Purposefully hiding UI elements of the YouTube player.
- Playing any form of media that violates our policies.
- Playing loud or annoying media such as ear rape or meme videos.
- Playing media designed to trigger a mental or physical ailment such as epilepsy.
- Playing inexcusably long videos, such as 10 hour loops, ASMR, or compilations.
If any page violates these rules, you are clear to remove the violating code and/or report said pages and users should it be necessary or needed.
Furthermore, any questions, comments, or clarifications must be directed to the comments section below.
Thank you for your time,
Emerl (a.k.a. Akrivus)